Contracts

Jasenjin

I apologize if I'm posting this at the wrong place, but I have a problem to renew contracts with certain players from my squad.

I mean, I have signed a new contracts with majority of my players without any problems whatsoever, but, for whatever reason, there is a couple of them that don't have that contract renewal option under "Player options" window :confused: I'm really confused. Is that some kind of bug or... I don't know... I really don't understand:(

I would certainly appreciate if somebody can help me with this. I believe that couple of them will get an increase soon and it is really important for me to sign a new contract with them as soon as possible. Besides, I don't wanna loose those who are in the final year of the contract, either.

Thanks.

Re: Contracts

Must have 2 or less yrs left to renew it.

Is that some kind of a new rule (???) 'cause I can swear that I was able to renew contracts with all of my players before' date=' regardless of the length on their old contracts [i'](as long as it was less than max. 5 years, of course)[/i].

I mean, it worked in the past.

Anyway, if you're right, then why I can't renew contract with those who have 2 years left on their old contract, either?

What is even weirder is that out of 8 players who have 2 years left on their old contract I can renew contract with 1 of them, but not with other 7???

I mean, that doesn't make any sense:confused:

It isn't a new rule and Shelbs was wrong is only 1 year. If a player has more than 1 year remaining on his current contract then the manager can't offer that player a new contract so it isn't a bug it is just a rule.

I'm sorry' date=' but I'm afraid you're wrong. I can assure you that I was and [b']I still am[/b] able to offer a new contracts to majority of my players whether they had 1 or 4 years left on their old contract. As a matter of fact, I never had a player who was in the final year of his contract simply 'cause I was always extending their contracts prior to that. It's just that I can't do that with certain players.

I don't know how to prove this unless you can somehow go to the my account and see it for yourself.

Guest joe black

I'm sorry' date=' but I'm afraid you're wrong. I can assure you that I was and [b']I still am[/b] able to offer a new contracts to majority of my players whether they had 1 or 4 years left on their old contract. As a matter of fact, I never had a player who was in the final year of his contract simply 'cause I was always extending their contracts prior to that. It's just that I can't do that with certain players.

I don't know how to prove this unless you can somehow go to the my account and see it for yourself.

Your 100% right mate cos i always give all my players a 5 year contract cos it increases there morale BUT i have always wondered why with some players the option to "offer player new contract" was not in the drop down box

I have sussed that if you buy a player and he is still within the time limit before you can sell him again there is no way to offer him a new contract, but that doesn't explain all of it........if anybody who,s please put us out of our misery and explain the situation

You can offer a player a new contract whenever you want to. If you can't find the offer new contract in the drop down box then you have or the previous manager has offered him a contract recently or he has just been bought.

Off Topic: Does anybody know how long a transfer ban is? In real life, there is no transfer ban though. Just wondering

Guest joe black

You can offer a player a new contract whenever you want to. If you can't find the offer new contract in the drop down box then you have or the previous manager has offered him a contract recently or he has just been bought.

Off Topic: Does anybody know how long a transfer ban is? In real life' date=' there is no transfer ban though. Just wondering[/quote']

thanks for your input Tom

Didn't know you could get a transfer ban,but if you cant its a great idea and should be implemented for people who transgress the transfer rules;)

You would need to ask SM or one of the guys on here might know

If you can't find the offer new contract in the drop down box then you have or the previous manager has offered him a contract recently or he has just been bought.

Do you know exactly how long a player have to be in your team before you can offer him a new contract? I have a player who's already two seasons with me and I still can't offer him a new contract:(

Do you know exactly how long a player have to be in your team before you can offer him a new contract? I have a player who's already two seasons with me and I still can't offer him a new contract:(

I presume in this case it is a bug so please send of a support ticket with your problem ,as far as i know you can offer any player a new contract depending on how long you last offered him one no matter what the length is at present time .

For eg your player is low on morale and you want to offer him new contract to see if it improves,not long after you then see he has the possibility of a rating rise so think i will give him a bigger contract ,sorry no go ,i think when offering one there is so long before it lets you do it again but what the time spam is do not know myself,will try and find how contract works ,how much time in between etc and get back to you all as soon as i know .:)

Here is the reply from S/M about time allowed before re-newing contracts .

SM Support said: 2007-10-06 17:10:48 BST

Hi alan,

Regarding contracts you can only offer a new contract once a season.

So if any of you cant re-new and it has been more than one season i would send a ticket of to S/M giving details of player and set up .:)

Guest joe black

Hi alan' date='

Regarding contracts you can only offer a new contract once a season.[/b']

So if any of you cant re-new and it has been more than one season i would send a ticket of to S/M giving details of player and set up .:)

more good info:) you are fast becoming "Big Al The Managers Pal"

So that clears that mystery up,if the choice of "offer new contract" is not available you or his last manager has offered him a contract earlier in the season, parts of this game (not all)are starting to make sense now:p

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if it's changed? but i cannot offer any of my Ipswich Players in GC7 new contracts. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan crazy Bones Neller

Hi alan' date='

[b']Regarding contracts you can only offer a new contract once a season[/b].

So if any of you cant re-new and it has been more than one season i would send a ticket of to S/M giving details of player and set up .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan crazy Bones Neller

Hi alan' date='

[b']Regarding contracts you can only offer a new contract once a season[/b].

So if any of you cant re-new and it has been more than one season i would send a ticket of to S/M giving details of player and set up .

hmm does that include signing them too? because since ive had ipswich (6 months) i havent offered any contracts.

I can read the following in the "How to Play Guide":

At the end of every season any players with just one year remaining on their contract will leave the club and become a free agent.

There were several players in my setup with just one year remaining on their contract . The new season has already begun, but these players still have 1 years contract and I can read "Player's Contract Expiring at End of Season". So they didn't become free agent.

My question: when will they become a free agent?

Thank You for your answer in advance.