Do you have any idea how to counter 3-5-2 please?

Phil Brooks

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Do you have any idea how to counte

nice

i'm no guru or expert' date=' however i'm of the opinion that it is very important to try to play on the flanks using 4-3-3 wingers if you face 4-2-3-1. it might explain part of why you won the first game. moreover, i have had better results with attacking mentality rather than a defensive/normal approach

I can't help but say that because it's just what I've experienced.:o

I'm not really sure how to explain your second result btw, but i guess playing with a very attacking was a little bit of a gamble, especially considering the way your team played (counter-attack, pressing own half, fast tempo)[/quote']

In my Gold GW I (4-2-3-1) got a bad 2-5 defeat against unmanaged team with 4-3-3w. Match engine was teasing me with goals in the 1st half and in the final result in the 2nd:

0-1 A at 7', that's ok;

but then:

1-1 at 16';

2-1 at 17';

2-2 at 18';

In the 2nd half my opponent scored 3 times without changing my squad.

Let see what in Standard GW will happen (against our old enemy 3-5-2 I set up a 4-3-3w). I haven't good feelings.

Re: Do you have any idea how to counter 3-5-2 please?

With yesterday's 1-1 draw, I am now unbeaten in 4 games against 4-2-3-1 in all my GWs, playing with my 4-3-3 wingers "exploit the flanks". 3278_by_quietwinds-d7yqbb4.gif3278_by_quietwinds-d7yqbb4.gif3278_by_quietwinds-d7yqbb4.gif

lou.jpg

lou1.jpg

lou2.jpg

ani_caut.gifPlease make sure you play with an attacking mentality and remember that 4-2-3-1 leaves gaps in wide areas, so it has to being attacked down the flanks!!!! ani_caut.gif

Yet 4-3-3w leaves even bigger gaps down the flanks as the wide men play in an even more progressive position.

Basically with the right formation and tactics most formations can be countered, whilst 4-3-3w works for you Phil, managers with a degree of tactical nous will be able to counter you using 4-2-3-1 or many other formations for that matter.

A more accurate match engine would help rather than the randomness in which the way things work currently.

Yet 4-3-3w leaves even bigger gaps down the flanks as the wide men play in an even more progressive position.

Basically with the right formation and tactics most formations can be countered' date=' whilst 4-3-3w works for you Phil, managers with a degree of tactical nous will be able to counter you using 4-2-3-1 or many other formations for that matter.

A more accurate match engine would help rather than the randomness in which the way things work currently.[/font']

Yep you're damn right. In both cases, the main weaknesses are the gaps ahead of the fullbacks and, to a lesser degree, the space ahead of the central midfielders. Though i think that a 4-2-3-1 formation, if faced with an aggressive opponent such as a 4-3-3 which is able to keep the opponents in their own half, is more likely to collapse. One can also say that in a 4-3-3 the wing backs have more room to run into because there are two wingers up front and not two wide midfielders. However you can also say that a switch to the 4-3-3 means one less defensive player in comparison to the 4-2-3-1, leaving your backline exposed if the opposing team is quick on the break and transition quickly before the two central midfielders can transition back to defense. That being said, probably a 4-2-3-1 that which employ a counter-attacking strategy and play a deep defensive line could work even against 4-3-3 wingers.

• 2 months later...

Dear Phil, it's hard time for me. I 2-1 won first game in new season against a 3-5-2 setting up a defensive 4-2-3-1 (playing long ball, fast tempo, counterattack, tight marking and target man). After a new win at 2nd game, I got losses 5 games in a row. I cannot back to win (or draw at least).

1-2 L

0-1 L

2-3 L

1-2 L

0-1 L

I think it's time to back old defensive system, but I'm not sure this will work. I'm in the bottom with the only 3 unmanaged squads.

And yes, this is an help request.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know what you mean futke. But you could assume in this case that adversary's players were between 80-95% fit and I somewere lost against nmf and underrated opponent squads. Take a look at 4-0 win against Soke City up there if you are not convinced by this game.

And here's not over:

in my yesterday Shield Cup Final against... Stoke City again, my squad has been defeated (2-3). Why? I was countering adversary very very well (2-2 playing better than him) just to 60' when I switched my 4-5-1 in a 4-2-3-1 because of "losing or drawing" set option. I can say this because of a clear change of possession %

This is true, happened to me too but it seems like this is going to be fixed with the new match engine. I didn't say I wasn't convinced, those were great games and only the league game against liverpool is not 100% reliable because there were factors other than tactics involved.