how to counter a 4-5-1

I dont think i have ever came across a 4-5-1 opponent before so not sure how to go across countering the formation.

It is in a Scottish Championship 1st season, I am Dundee United and they are St Johnstone.

They have Yossi Benayoun sitting right in front of the midfield who i think the play as a playmaker.

Florent Malouda is the LM and the rest is just St Johnstone players

Re: how to counter a 4-5-1

4-5-1 seems to be the new 3 5 2, alot of people are using it now in the setups i'm in. I've found 5-3-2 to work now and again against it but very hit and miss. Some people use 4-5-1 defensive against it. I personally wouldn't used 3 5 2 as you'll just get ripped apart by it. If your team average is stronger than the other team, then you can just copy his formation and tactics and you should get the upper hand during the game.

Re: how to counter a 4-5-1

4-5-1 seems to be the new 3 5 2' date=' alot of people are using it now in the setups i'm in. I've found 5-3-2 to work now and again against it but very hit and miss. Some people use 4-5-1 defensive against it. I personally wouldn't used 3 5 2 as you'll just get ripped apart by it. If your team average is stronger than the other team, then you can just copy his formation and tactics and you should get the upper hand during the game.[/quote']

thanks was thinking a formation with 5 at the back would be useful, because the 5 in midfield shows they want to dominate possesion so i might try the 5-3-2