Player Rating Poll (July 13)

87+

Player Rating Poll (July 13)  

1. 1.

• Reintroduce a League by League review
    • Stick with the current random riser approach
    • Top Leagues done by League by League review, smaller leagues done by random review.
    • A Contintent by Contintent approach?
    • Scrap player reviews on a daily basis and replace it with 6 monthly or Yearly database updates

7 months on from the Reintroduce the rating schedule Poll (http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=142980) what is your opinion now?

For the purpose of this poll I have decided to leave aside whether or not we should be informed on what is about to happen (a posted schedule) as it is a seperate issue.

Ideas are as follows....

(1) Reintroduce a League by League review

(2) Stick with the current random riser approach

(3) Top Leagues done by League by League review, smaller leagues done by random review.

(4) A Contintent by Contintent approach?

(5) Scrap player reviews on a daily basis and replace it with 6 monthly or Yearly database updates

Please take the time to vote on which option you think best serve's the SM Community and point your fellow SM managers in this direction so as to get as big a picture on the issue as we can.

Thanks Monkeyshuffl :)

Re: Player Rating Poll (July 13)

now this could just be me being dumb here as its been pretty dam hot all day

but aren't options 1.3.4.5 kinda contradictory of what your saying you are wanting to acheive from this poll?

i mean your saying your keeping out the fact of wheither or not we should be informed of upcoming reviews, but surely by having any type of schedule

be it top division by top division or continent by continent isn't this actually informing us of a schedule of sorts in its self?

i mean irrespective of wheither or not theres actually a table like before surely the only way we won't know if theres a schedule for certain players is if it continues how it is now, on a seemingly random player by player basis

SM won't change it now - they don't care what us the users want - they want a game that's easy to play on Facebook/mobile, to attract people who just want a "pick my team and play" without there being managers in their league with a bit of time on their hands improving their squads beyond the reach of the casual mobile player

They also want it extremely cheap to update - by using Soccerwiki they pay next too nothing for getting the reviews done for them.

All in all it means a dumbed down game, cheap to update $CHACHING $CHACHING $CHACHING as the gold flows into them.

It's called business - they don't care for their old mission statement now "To provide the best online football management game free of charge" I believe it used to be...

SM won't change it now - they don't care what us the users want - they want a game that's easy to play on Facebook/mobile' date=' to attract people who just want a "pick my team and play" without there being managers in their league with a bit of time on their hands improving their squads beyond the reach of the casual mobile player

They also want it extremely cheap to update - by using Soccerwiki they pay next too nothing for getting the reviews done for them.

All in all it means a dumbed down game, cheap to update $CHACHING $CHACHING $CHACHING as the gold flows into them.

It's called business - they don't care for their old mission statement now "To provide the best online football management game free of charge" I believe it used to be...[/quote']

So wait, leagues dont get updated any more like they were before ?

From my point of view I would still like to have a "league by league" review.

But I imagine it would be fair to dedicate 80% of the reviews to the league and the other 20% to random risers from the smaller leagues that were neglected at the time we had the rating schedule.

This could make most managers happy because you know your stars will be reviewed and you could still go for buying talents from lesser leagues with a decent chance of getting them reviewed within 8-10 months.

the more observant would notice they have been carrying on the league by league format in the background, updating all squads and player info but not ratings, today Finland & Colombia featured heavily, Sweden, Denmark, Norway have all been done in the last week.

It seems they are trying to get all the squads current as some are still seriously out of date, then go back to ratings.

the priority should be the right players at the right teams BEFORE worrying about ratings.

SM won't change it now - they don't care what us the users want - they want a game that's easy to play on Facebook/mobile' date=' to attract people who just want a "pick my team and play" without there being managers in their league with a bit of time on their hands improving their squads beyond the reach of the casual mobile player

It's called business - they don't care for their old mission statement now "To provide the best online football management game free of charge" I believe it used to be...[/quote']

Have always thought this, agree entirely except it's CASH-in!! CASH-in!! CASH-in!!

;2655424']the more observant would notice they have been carrying on the league by league format in the background' date=' updating all squads and player info but not ratings, today Finland & Colombia featured heavily, Sweden, Denmark, Norway have all been done in the last week.

It seems they are trying to get all the squads current as some are still seriously out of date, then go back to ratings.

[b']the priority should be the right players at the right teams BEFORE worrying about ratings[/b].

NO NO NO NO...... SM primarily isn't a catalogue or search feature for player/club/position info, it is a management game with only a one key attribute.... the rating. Within this game/context, that is the most important update.

now this could just be me being dumb here as its been pretty dam hot all day

but aren't options 1.3.4.5 kinda contradictory of what your saying you are wanting to acheive from this poll?

i mean your saying your keeping out the fact of wheither or not we should be informed of upcoming reviews' date=' but surely by having any type of schedule

be it top division by top division or continent by continent isn't this actually informing us of a schedule of sorts in its self?

i mean irrespective of wheither or not theres actually a table like before surely the only way we won't know if theres a schedule for certain players is if it continues how it is now, on a seemingly random player by player basis

[/color']

If they had a schedule it doesnt mean they have to do the countries in exactly the same order every time. For example it might be time to look at the "big 5" in europe but they dont have to rigidly review them in the same order. To the best of my memory when there was a schedule it wasnt always the same order.

This aside I dont mind whether people want to talk about a schedule or not when debating this poll its just when making the options we would have ended up with twice the amout of options to vote on when its not really neccessary. That could be seperate poll as simple as something like if the reviews wernt random should we be informed of the rating schedule?

NO NO NO NO...... SM primarily isn't a catalogue or search feature for player/club/position info' date=' it is a management game with only a one key attribute.... the rating. Within this game/context, that is the most important update.[/quote']

second this

NO NO NO NO...... SM primarily isn't a catalogue or search feature for player/club/position info' date=' it is a management game with only a one key attribute.... the rating. Within this game/context, that is the most important update.[/quote']

Spot-on! Third this, in fact I'll fourth it as well :)

I like the principle of option 3 but would reverse it....

Top countries done randomly, all other leagues to a schedule.

I say this for 2 reasons, it would still be dynamic for all the top players to increase/decrease whenever seen fit to do so (making it easier to keep players most care about updated constantly) and for those who like to make money from raisers could do so from the lower leagues through the scheduled method.

With the above suggestion, you can still have a De Sciglio go from 77-85-87-89 within 6/7 months (if deserved) to keep the top divisions as updated as possible while still getting round to lesser players and leagues in a constructed manner.

I personally have no problem with the random review process in theory (even though I voted option 3), it is just to slow.

Top countries done randomly' date=' all other leagues to a schedule.

I say this for 2 reasons, it would still be dynamic for all the top players to increase/decrease whenever seen fit to do so (making it easier to keep players most care about updated constantly) and for those who like to make money from raisers could do so from the lower leagues through the scheduled method.

With the above suggestion, you can still have a De Sciglio go from 77-85-87-89 within 6/7 months (if deserved) to keep the top divisions as updated as possible while still getting round to lesser players and leagues in a constructed manner.

I personally have no problem with the random review process in theory (even though I voted option 3), it is just to slow.

SM = Slow Motion :(

1) Good idea actually, but whatever method it's going to be Slow motion SM/SW have show they are incapable of doing what the simulation/game requires!

so answer me this then.

if you abandon the notion of having up to date squads, how are new players even alot of existing players supposed to go about buying players if they are either not even on the DB or even at the right clubs??

you seem to favour just having the elite being rated on every so often at expense at everyone else - by that you cut off a far great potential market of managers/players from the across the globe who may wish to buy from / play there favorite team.

'Oh your league is insignificant so we cba to keep it up to date. Sorry'

for me its a pain in the backside having to scout players and find them scatter all over the DB. The first thing as i mentioned should be players contracted to there correct club. Also would make re rating them a helluva lot easier too.

again a ton more edits today, lots of risers, droppers, retirements, updated positions..still cant see how/why some of you still want to go back to the dark ages of even slower, incomplete/inaccuracy as little as a week after a league by league review....

;2658135']so answer me this then.

if you abandon the notion of having up to date squads' date=' how are new players even alot of existing players supposed to go about buying players if they are either not even on the DB or even at the right clubs??

you seem to favour just having the elite being rated on every so often at expense at everyone else - by that you cut off a far great potential market of managers/players from the across the globe who may wish to buy from / play there favorite team.

'Oh your league is insignificant so we cba to keep it up to date. Sorry'

for me its a pain in the backside having to scout players and find them scatter all over the DB. The first thing as i mentioned should be players contracted to there correct club. Also would make re rating them a helluva lot easier too.

again a ton more edits today, lots of risers, droppers, retirements, updated positions..still cant see how/why some of you still want to go back to the dark ages of even slower, incomplete/inaccuracy as little as a week after a league by league review....[/quote']

So the rating system isnt league by league ? Guess I have to sell my Arsenal young rated players :( Was hoping they would get a rating change together.

Top countries done randomly' date=' all other leagues to a schedule.

I personally have no problem with the random review process in theory (even though I voted option 3), it is just to slow.[/quote']

This is the idea i really like,will be the best option IMO,but if only SM make it not as slow as now

So the rating system isnt league by league ? Guess I have to sell my Arsenal young rated players :( Was hoping they would get a rating change together.

no, it used to be league by league - but took around 3 years to do every league.

now its more dynamic, major risers will have a far far greater chance of being reckonised because they pull players from any/every league on a daily basis. If they are young and playing, you shouldnt sell them as they can rise at any point & always the chance they do review the top 5 leagues in a block again prehaps around winter again.

;2658135']so answer me this then.

if you abandon the notion of having up to date squads' date=' how are new players even alot of existing players supposed to go about buying players if they are either not even on the DB or even at the right clubs??[/quote']

(1) I don't think anyone has said abandon up to date squads:confused: Not that Ive seen anyway.

(2) Some might say how are new players even alot of existing players supposed to go about buying players if player ratings are not up to date and that they can rely on them being fairly looked at at the same time as their real life team mates rather than it being a lottery?

(3) For nearly all players its not hard to find them whether they are at the right team or not as you can just type there name into the search bar.

(4) Some might also question why they keep adding more players to the database (especially at the rate they do) when they can't even maintain what they have already.

;2658271']no' date=' it used to be league by league - but took around 3 years to do every league.

now its more dynamic, major risers will have a far far greater chance of being reckonised because they pull players from any/every league on a daily basis. If they are young and playing, you shouldnt sell them as they can rise at any point & always the chance they do review the top 5 leagues in a block again prehaps around winter again.[/quote']

Wow "DYNAMIC" that really is "Cloud Cuckoo Land" :eek:

Previous poll currently at 86% to reintroduce a schedule.

This poll showing 94% of voters wanting a move away from the current system.

We were asked to wait and we would see the benefits of the new system, 7 months on and it appears that the vast majority can't. :rolleyes:

Previous poll currently at 86% to reintroduce a schedule.

This poll showing 94% of voters wanting a move away from the current system.

We were asked to wait and we would see the benefits of the new system' date=' 7 months on and it appears that the vast majority can't. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I like this new system. My young players are rising alot, more so the ones from foreign leagues.