Illaramendi + 25M or David Silva

Laughu

Re: Illaramendi + 25M or David Silva

Firstly, are you in the game for the long run or Short ? Because short term you are getting David Silva who will have a good season with Pellegrini in charge of City. But then looking at the deal, you're giving away 25millon which is a lot (but this depends on how much you have) + Illaramendi who has recently gone to Madrid for roughly £30million - Very Very Talented player who can easily for them for the next decade or so. He'll be brought in to ease out Alonso as hes getting a bit old.

Most of all thanks for your opinion :)

I've been in SM and in this game world for 2,5 years now and I have no idea how long I will play. Let's say 3 years more. During this period I think Silva has big chance to keep his 94 and Illara's ways can be various. In Real many talents couldn't cope with pressure or competition. On the other hand as you wrote Illarra is very talented and he is Spanish which is important in this situation. I'd add this game world is very competitive. Difficult decision.

Most of all thanks for your opinion :)

I've been in SM and in this game world for 2' date='5 years now and I have no idea how long I will play. Let's say 3 years more. During this period I think Silva has big chance to keep his 94 and Illara's ways can be various. In Real many talents couldn't cope with pressure or competition. On the other hand as you wrote Illarra is very talented and he is Spanish which is important in this situation. I'd add this game world is very competitive. Difficult decision.[/quote']

Please, don't think I'm over hyping the player. He's the type of player who can fill in Alonso boots when they decide to sell him. Think of it was a direct replacement. I'd still got for Silva, priamrly because he's playing for one of the best teams in Europe (unfortunately I have to admit that with Manuel Pellegrini he'll be deadly.

Unless the 25M can buy you two extra players who'd go straight into your starting XI I'd say this is a no brainer. Yes Illaramendi might've gone to Madrid and yes he might be talented, but Silva is playing for a title and CL contender and he's a solid starter for them plus he has regular appearances for the Spanish NT. At 27,5 Silva has likely just entered the prime years of his career and should easily be able to be one of the dominant AM players around the EPL and the world.

Simply put: Why take a young and talented, but unestablished and unproven player on the highest level over someone who's already made a case for himself as one of the best around?