Fernandinho

Paulinho

Kone

van Wolfswinkel >> Jovetic

Stekelenburg

Figueroa

De Bruyne >> Fer

Aspas >> Cornelius

Wonder if you can tell what the central theme of this team is? Without looking at the name of the team ;)

Made some changes since the last post. Also changed to 3-4-3, Okore is on the bench with Cornelius coming into the side.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

Will probably stay like this till after the first league game:

GW1:

Lloris

Zabaleta' date=' Koschielny, Collins

[s']Navas[/s], Hazard ©, Silva, Mirallas, Bale (VC)

Kone, Vaz Te

Subs: Marshall, Shaw, Coleman, Sharp

As ever I'm wrong again :P

GW1:

Lloris

Azpilicueta, Koschielny, Collins, Garrido

Bale, Gerrard, Hazard (VC), Mata ©

Kone, Giroud

Subs: Marshall, Williams, Baker, Sharp

Guys, can I get your opinion on my forwards...

I'm gonna go with RVP and am going to take a punt on Deulofeu but I'm torn between Van Wolfswinkel, Lambert & Anelka as third striker...

Which one would you pick?

Lambert had a great season last year, penalty taker

Anelka proven goal scorer

Van Wolfswinkel highly rated, previous 2 seasons been very good

aargh! :)

Guys' date=' can I get your opinion on my forwards...

I'm gonna go with RVP and am going to take a punt on Deulofeu but I'm torn between Van Wolfswinkel, Lambert & Anelka as third striker...

aargh! :)[/quote']

I had the same thoughts but had a sixth sense Giroud will be on fire this season, I think 6 goals already this pre-season? No Higuain no probably Suarez coming inso Giroud will still get more than enough gametime. Let's face it apart from his slow start last season he's done good. If that outrageous left foot dropshot from 35yds went in in his first game I think he would have had more than 20goals to his name last season. He'll do well this season I think.

Kone is a Van Nisterooy type of striker and is deadly in the area. I think he'll do well at Goodinson park so 7mill aint that bad.

No guarentee Anelka will be starti although West Brom have lost Lukaku and probably Odemwingie too.

Deulofel isn't really an out and out striker, more like a Pedro type of player.

Van Wolfswinkel is good but Norwich aren't the type of teams to score more than 2 goals a game very often, no offence to any Norwich fans! :)

Guys' date=' can I get your opinion on my forwards...

aargh! :)[/quote']

Id go for Either Lambert or RVW it depends how much risk you want to take Lambert is a goalscorer takes set pieces and is likely to get a good run of games depending on if saints sign another forward or not. Along with this Saints are better going forward and play a more attacking style of play. While RVW is a coup for Norwich and could prove to be a great purchase depending on how quickly he fits in, Norwich Struggled for goals last term and did normally play one forward now having both RVW and Hooper there probably player 4-4-2 a change in style. Id personally start the season with Lambert and change to RVW if he seems to kick off well. I'm ignoring Anelka personally don't see him doing well this season but thats just my opinion. For around the same price you could look at Bony(8) another risk but will be Swansea's only good forward unless you count Michu, or Berbatov(7.5) who just scores goals.

Ive joined as well now :D Love these things :D

Here is my team

De Gea

Zabaleta - Koscelny (VC)- Jagielka - Clyne

Silva - Cazorla © - Nolan - Fernandinho

Sturridge - Bony

Subs - Robles - Redmond - Van wolfswinkel

I may swap Fernandinho just not to sure on him , I had a strong feeling to go to chadli but something held me back :D I do like my team its pretty stong :D

Unlucky everyone' date=' i've just joined.[/quote']

Didn't you say that too when Poor Mans Pride was first created? ;):P

I've always been average in this but can occasionally get a really high ranking for one week, I was something like 8000th in the world after the first turn last season when I got 99points in the first round, let's hope I can dublicate that this year :D

That is correct' date=' I'm sure you'll soon have to replace Bale ;)[/quote']

Haha nah, I don't have him. Although I did get this awesome 'mainstream' team.

players from the top teams should in general generate more points. :)

De Gea

Zabaleta-Koscielny-Luiz-Shaw

Kagawa-Ramires-Coutinho-Hazard

V.Persie-Dzeko

Davis,Barkley,Moore, Baker.

Would've loved to get Suarez in the mix, but I reckon his ban isn't in favour for him :P

Didn't you say that too when Poor Mans Pride was first created? ;):P

I've always been average in this but can occasionally get a really high ranking for one week' date=' I was something like 8000th in the world after the first turn last season when I got 99points in the first round, let's hope I can dublicate that this year :D[/quote']

I was in the top 300 in a fantasy golf game before with about 100,000 people. :P

Played around a little bit and now it looks like:

De Gea

Mertesacker-Nastasic-Koscielny

Bale-Hazard-Oscar-Wanyama-D.Silva

Benteke-Lukaku

Made a few changes once again...Think this will be my team

De Gea

Mertesacker-Koscielny-Jagielka

Paulinho-Silva-Hazard©-Mata(VC)-Kagawa

Benteke-Lukaku

What do people think is the better option?

A) Mignolet' date=' Vertonghen and Bony

Or

B) De Gea, Jagielka and Sturridge[/quote']

I'd rather have De Gea side..Jagielka done extremely well in last season and think he was one of the best defenders to have in Fantasy team+Verto is a bit injury prone...Also Sturridge will do well without/with Suarez...

What do people think is the better option?

A) Mignolet' date=' Vertonghen and Bony

Or

B) De Gea, Jagielka and Sturridge[/quote']

I'd take a punt with the first option mate, even though it is a tough call. I don't think Mignolet will keep as many clean sheets as De Gea, but I think Tottenham will concede less goals than Everton (meaning Vertonghen would be the better option) and Bony will score more goals than Sturridge if he can play like he did tonight throughout the season. Bony/Sturridge is still a tough one to call without seeing how Bony fairs in the EPL, but I think he'll make an immediate impact like Michu did last season. Vertonghen is better going forward too. Yeah, option number one for me, although it's close :)

Joined :) Fancy setting up a head-to-head league too Ben? They're usually good with a lot of people involved.

Team currently is:

Mignolet

Luiz - Richards - Jenkinson

Bale - Coutinho - Hazard © - Carrick

Dzeko - Lukaku (V) - Bony

Subs: Robles, Pozuelo, Shaw, Okore

Archived