Newman

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

My team is (Drum roll :D )

De Gea

Super Kos :D - Shaw - Baines

Navas - Cazorla - Nolan - Giaccherini

Kone - Soldado - Sturridge

Subs Harper , Clyne , Okore , Wanyama :D

I went with Cazorla but reduced the price of my defence to get Navas , Cazorla and Soldado :D And my suprise inclusions are Kone who seems to be getting overlooked as he will play as 1st choice in a good team who score goals. Giaccherini is a bigger gamble as I believe under Di canio someone from the attacking side will have a big impact and ive gone for the newbie considering his quality :) Team is looking good , Got lots of goals , assists and a decent defence :)

Team A to the question below and for Duffy , Soldado , Coutinho and 4.5 million sub definately :D

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cazorla for me :)

Edit I have a dilemma of my own:

Mata' date=' RVW & Brunt(Sub) or Coutinho, Soldado & 4.5M Mid Sub?[/quote']

I'd go latter three, decent midfielders like Lucas and Pozuelo, Ibe & Britton, Sylla, Barkley at 4.5m :)

Giacch is an interesting pick and gamble by Dom, but certainly I think He can really be successful for Sunderland. :)

My team so far is:

Hart

Jagielka-Koscielny-Johnson

De Guzman

D Silva-Hazard-Coutinho-Routledge

Soldado-Lukaku

Subs: Mannone, Shaw, Weimann, Coleman

What do you guys think? I really like my Canadian De Guzman ;) and Routledge. I love watching both of em play for the swans and I hope they can be even more successful. It's a pity I couldn't pick Barkley but oh well :).

Any idea of who's 4' date='5 MID the best?

Thinking Sylla, Canas, or Barkley. Or do you guys have better suggestion?[/quote']

Barkley could be the best one out of the 3,but the safest from those will be Sylla i think. The other choice of course Lucas,who's guaranteed starter for Liverpool but he likely never get point from goal/assist. If i have to choose 4.5 mid though,i'll choose Pozuelo. Had a feeling he could have a Michu this season

Mulumbu might be a good option.

He's 5' date='0 though, but will use him still :D

Barkley could be the best one out of the 3,but the safest from those will be Sylla i think. The other choice of course Lucas,who's guaranteed starter for Liverpool but he likely never get point from goal/assist. If i have to choose 4.5 mid though,i'll choose Pozuelo. Had a feeling he could have a Michu this season

I'm think about Pozuelo too, but for now probbaly I'll settle with Barkley :)

What's different about it this year?

(From the website):

Utilising a range of statistics to create a BPS score for every player, the system is designed to reward contributions of players that may not necessarily earn traditional fantasy points, rather than re-reward players that already score handsomely against the current scoring criteria.

At the end of each match, a BPS will be generated for every player that has participated in any of the Gameweek’s matches. This will be the total cumulative number of points scored using the criteria outlined below – ranging from 1 point for playing in a match to 3 points for every player with pass completion accuracy over 90%.

The three best performing players in each match according to the BPS will be awarded bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third.

Examples of how bonus point ties will be resolved are as follows:

If there is a tie for first place, Players 1 & 2 will receive 3 points each and Player 3 will receive 1 point.

If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each.

If there is a tie for third place, Player 1 will receive 3 points, Player 2 will receive 2 points and Players 3 & 4 will receive 1 point each.

How is the BPS score calculated?

Players score BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):

Playing in a match

Playing over 60 minutes

Scoring goals

Goalkeepers and defenders (4 points)

Midfielders (6 points)

Fowards (8 points)

Assists (3 points)

Goalkeepers and defenders keeping a clean sheet (4 points)

Saving a penalty (5 points)

For every 3 saves

For every 3 open play crosses

Creating a big chance (a chance where the receiving player should score)

For every 8 clearances, blocks and interceptions (total)

For every 8 recoveries

Providing key passes

Making 3 tackles

Scoring the goal that wins a match

Pass Completion (after making at least 30 passes)

70% completion (1 point)

80% completion (2 points)

90% completion (3 points)

I have joined

I have no idea how the points work but my team will batter you all anyhow it is so good I don't need to know the scoring system. ;):o

You all suck and are all playing for 2nd

Game on :)

Now your going to tell us that Downing is the best winger in the premier league right ;)

Both statements mean the same thing as both statements are a load of (Blank) ;)

I can tell your going to be fighting at the wrong end of the table just like liverpool in the PL :D

Thats something we can all believe ;)

The number of forumers that have joined is brilliant!

Just going down the list, there are some great team names too :D 'Tekkerslovakia', 'BarcaBoneHer' and 'Dynamo Fuchtherest' being my personal favourites (although I've probably missed some out). If me and my mates need a new name for our club on FIFA, I'll come back here :P

Just going down the list' date=' there are some great team names too :D 'Tekkerslovakia', 'BarcaBoneHer' and 'Dynamo Fuchtherest' being my personal favourites (although I've probably missed some out). If me and my mates need a new name for our club on FIFA, I'll come back here :P[/quote']

Speaking of names , Ive just changed mine if you want a look Ben :D

Now your going to tell us that Downing is the best winger in the premier league right ;)

Both statements mean the same thing as both statements are a load of (Blank) ;)

I can tell your going to be fighting at the wrong end of the table just like liverpool in the PL :D

Thats something we can all believe ;)

I must correct myself.....

you are al playing for 2nd except Dom who if he has an exceptional season will finish 2nd bottom. it is inevitable he is ingrained in mediocrity supporting Arsenal and particuarly Swindon is irrefutable evidence.....

Yet he has the audacity to predict he will beat me.....

I am the Ferrari to your Skoda

the Kelly Brook to your Susan Boyle

The Linkin Park to your Babylon Zoo

The Mcvities Chocolate Hob Nob to your Lidl's economy custard cream

Lets be honest there is more chance of Katie Price keeping her legs shut for a week or Kerry Katona abandoning her one woman mission to repopulate the world than Dom beating me......

God I am gunna look silly come season's end LOL

I must correct myself.....

you are al playing for 2nd except Dom who if he has an exceptional season will finish 2nd bottom. it is inevitable he is ingrained in mediocrity supporting Arsenal and particuarly Swindon is irrefutable evidence.....

Yet he has the audacity to predict he will beat me.....

I am the Ferrari to your Skoda

the Kelly Brook to your Susan Boyle

The Linkin Park to your Babylon Zoo

The Mcvities Chocolate Hob Nob to your Lidl's economy custard cream

Lets be honest there is more chance of Katie Price keeping her legs shut for a week or Kerry Katona abandoning her one woman mission to repopulate the world than Dom beating me......

God I am gunna look silly come season's end LOL

You want label Arsenal and mediocrity in the same sentence that's just hilarious coming from a Liverpool fan but in your defense I suppose Liverpool and mediocrity go hand in hand and when we take Suarez off you then Liverpool will be thankful to be mediocre :P I rather not talk Swindon :D We had Di Canio :o

I'am the Rolls Royce to your Ferrari as I just ooze class.

Well I do believe you have bigger boobs so I will let you have that one :D

Linkin Park hey? All I hear is noise from them lot so again hand in hand :D

I dont like Hob Nobs and Im talking about the biscuit here by the way ;)

And I think you have already achieved that mate :D

Just going down the list' date=' there are some great team names too :D [b']'Tekkerslovakia'[/b], 'BarcaBoneHer' and 'Dynamo Fuchtherest' being my personal favourites (although I've probably missed some out). If me and my mates need a new name for our club on FIFA, I'll come back here :P

Glad people are noticing us :P

Glad people are noticing us :P

To be fair I hardly think any of you "thought them up" TBH not saying they aint funny because they are but it only takes typing in "funny fantasy football team names" in Google and you get a massive list including all those one mentioned.

They are probably amongst the funnier/dirtier ones though :P

Archived