Sign in to follow this  
SM Legend

Courtois v De Gea

Can someone explain why Courtois has risen to 91 yet De Gea is at 90?

De Gea won his league and Spain under 21 championship whilst playing consistently well.

Courtois - who is also a very good goalie and played equally as well last year, only came third in the league.

Think they should both be the same at 91!

Re: Courtois v De Gea

There is no explanation other than SM haven't got around to updating the Premier League players just yet.

I don't think that Courtois should be rated higher than De Gea, they should be level at best even then I think it would be an insult to De Gea.

Can someone explain why Courtois has risen to 91 yet De Gea is at 90?

De Gea won his league and Spain under 21 championship whilst playing consistently well.

Courtois - who is also a very good goalie and played equally as well last year' date=' only came third in the league.

Think they should both be the same at 91![/quote']

they both will be 91 the havnt started rising in england yet so De Gea will rise when the ratings are done

Respuesta: Courtois v De Gea

from my point of view, it's ridicolous because de gea is one step than courtois, they win the same cup(cup of uefa), de gea win premier league too.

de gea play more minutes than courtois, and courtois only played 7games with national team, because there isn't other goalkeepers like casillas, reina, valdes.

everyone knows de gea will be the first goalkeaper from his national team and play with Manchester United, and courtois is with Atletico Madrid.

they are the best young goalkeepers but i think that there are persons behind this rating and of course everyone remember how other managers told bad things when other players rose at the past and sm had to put the last ratting.

sm need to back, we need the last review's system

First of all...De Gea should be with 1 rating above Courtois simply because David is better,plays for a better team and plays in a better league.You gonna tell me that Courtois had the most clean sheets in last season..Great point lads.Can you tell me against who they had these clean sheets?How many did he conceeded against Real and Barca?Juanfran-Godin-Miranda-Filipe is a super defence compared to the other teams in La Liga.Next you gonna tell me that Courtois been best GK in La Liga?Oh wait..so did De Gea in PL but wait a minute.Courtois had massive competition for that isn't it?Casillias who was a benchwarmer and couldn't even be a contender for it...Oh maybe Valdes?Great point lads..once again.Was arguing about De Gea vs Courtois last night with a friend...David De Gea in 28 games has 91 saves,Courtois in 37 games has 93 saves.So Thibaut with a considerable amount of games ahead of David has almost same number of saves.De Gea stopped 3,09 shots per goal allowed while Courtois only stopped 2,62.The only thing where Courtois is better are the aerial balls where De Gea is still improving.In rest De Gea is better in every single department compared to Courtois.It's amazing how hyped can this Courtois be.

I dont think the ratings are that great on SM these days. Mignolet is 89, only one rating less than De Gea yet he finished 17th in the league. Even when De Gea gets a (most likely) +1 its still ludicrous that 17 places+winning the league and competing in the champions league = 2 rating points.

(Moving to a club that finished 7th doesnt exactly equal a +1 either!)

I also don't understand the logic behind when players get their rises either, why has Mignolet alreday risen but De Gea and others not.

Illogical

Both great shot stoppers(if it weren't for his wonder saves in the Spanish Cup final Real Madrid would have won easily), Courtois is far better at commanding his area.

Or do you think De Gea is better because he plays for a bigger club?

Respuesta: Re: Courtois v De Gea

Both great shot stoppers(if it weren't for his wonder saves in the Spanish Cup final Real Madrid would have won easily)' date=' Courtois is far better at commanding his area.

Or do you think De Gea is better because he plays for a bigger club?[/quote']

de gea won la uefa with atletico madrid before courtois and de gea had to wait to up to 90(when he signed to ManU).

fair play with ratting changes

Courtois is a better keeper, anyone whos watched him will have seen some stunning saves and great performances. Beginning of last season De Gea wasn't even first choice for Utd. Hes done great and really improved, but Courtois is better.

Courtois is a better keeper' date=' anyone whos [b']watched[/b] him will have seen some stunning saves and great performances. Beginning of last season De Gea wasn't even first choice for Utd. Hes done great and really improved, but Courtois is better.

Again,that's your opinion.De Gea is better in every single department bar aerial balls like I said once again.

Again' date='that's your opinion.De Gea is better in every single department bar aerial balls like I said once again.[/quote']

Another example of Raz-mataz not letting anyone else have an opinion.

I think Courtois is better, but De Gea is the better option at the moment. - No doubt this will upset you somehow Raz-mataz ;)

Another example of Raz-mataz not letting anyone else have an opinion.

I think Courtois is better' date=' but De Gea is the better option at the moment. - No doubt this will upset you somehow Raz-mataz ;)[/quote']

No,it'll not upset me.It's your own opinion but like I stated a few posts below the stats are in the favour of a spaniard called David De Gea.By how many times you watched Courtois ash,out of curiosity? :D

No' date='it'll not upset me.It's your own opinion but like I stated a few posts below the stats are in the favour of a spaniard called David De Gea.By how many times you watched Courtois ash,out of curiosity? :D[/quote']

Quite a lot last season, skysports show a lot of la liga, two matches a night o a Satuday and Sunday - usually consisting of a Real game, a Barca, a Atletico game and a derby :P :p

The main difference between the two is De Gea is at a better team, if Courtois was at Utd he would arguably be the best keeper in the league.

:)

Quite a lot last season' date=' skysports show a lot of la liga, two matches a night o a Satuday and Sunday - usually consisting of a Real game, a Barca, a Atletico game and a derby :P :p

[b']

The main difference between the two is De Gea is at a better team, if Courtois was at Utd he would arguably be the best keeper in the league.[/b]

:P

De Gea is already the best keeper in the league.Courtois arguably best keeper in the league?No way..Simply because David is better.

I have no doubt that de gea will get a +1 when the EPL ratings come round.

however, personally I do believe they are pretty much level pegging at the minute, I think atletico are a hugely underrated side, and they aren't that far behind man utd.

the reason de gea isn't 91 yet is because he had quite an inconsistent season. at the start he was quite dodgy, but got gradually better. courtois has been solid throughout the year, and you could count his mistakes on one hand, whereas with de gea, you'd need to be an alien from mars with 100 arms to count all of de gea's.

overall, just taking into account this season, courtois deserves a higher rating despite what de gea should be at because he has been far more consistent throughout the course of the season.

I have no doubt that de gea will get a +1 when the EPL ratings come round.

however' date=' personally I do believe they are pretty much level pegging at the minute, I think atletico are a hugely underrated side, and they aren't that far behind man utd.

the reason de gea isn't 91 yet is because he had quite an inconsistent season. at the start he was quite dodgy, but got gradually better. courtois has been solid throughout the year, and you could count his mistakes on one hand, whereas with de gea, you'd need to be an alien from mars with 100 arms to count all of de gea's.

overall, just taking into account this season, courtois deserves a higher rating despite what de gea should be at because he has been far more consistent throughout the course of the season.[/quote']

Madrid without Falcao is definetly not underrated...