UEFA CUP 07/08

Re: UEFA CUP 07/08

Just like Diego did? Like Liedson and Moutinho? Panathanaikos team? And also Mutu who was meant to be amazing? Zenit could well be just another team in Rangers' way.. and they'll knock them down as well

No Ross mate. I think you just find Rangers rid through the knockout stages with luck.

Guest melbguy1

Just like Diego did? Like Liedson and Moutinho? Panathanaikos team? And also Mutu who was meant to be amazing? Zenit could well be just another team in Rangers' way.. and they'll knock them down as well

haha, yeah, knock them down with boredom maybe.

No Ross mate. I think you just find Rangers rid through the knockout stages with luck.

Luck? You obviously haven't watched Rangers in action or you don't know much about football if you think they managed to beat Panathinaikos, Bremen, Sporting and Fiorentina by luck alone. The reason Rangers are through to the final is because they have produced some brilliant and solid defensive performances - Weir and Cuellar being outstanding. They have played with grit and determination and despite not being favourites on paper, they have come out and given their all. All these people saying it's boring football need to wise up - Rangers haven't the best squad in the world, Walter Smith knows that but his tactics have been spot on and the players have given a bloody good go of it and have reached the final. Jealousy is a terrible thing. The Rangers fans are loving it and are in a right party mood - they don't care what anyone thinks, they are enjoying every minute of it.

Guest the plummer

But i do go everyweek i have a season ticket and i am in the travel club

a wasnt meening you lol

a was meening me

because its folk like you who deserve them more than me

on ebay two are going for £2.500 and another bid is at 1 dollar:D

We have won the Uefa cup before!!! Granted its not been for a LOOOOOOONG while...:rolleyes::(

And gone quite far over the last 7-8 years.....;)

I am in a position to SLLLAAAGGG anything I want!! Because I can and will..:)

I HATE DEFENSIVE football....No matter who does it...I said the same about the scum the other night.I will continue to say what I want about it!! ;)

I'm assuming the wee winky face is coz you know you're kidding' date=' right?

If Rangers tactics were replicated for a SM team they would be:

Tackling Style - HARD

Mentality - DEFENSIVE

Passing Style - DIRECT

Attacking Style - THROUGH THE MIDDLE

Also with - COUNTER-ATTACK, MEN BEHIND BALL, TIGHT MARKING & USE TARGET MAN

Welshman's tactics for his last match with GC4 Ajax:

Tackling Style - HARD

Mentality - DEFENSIVE

Passing Style - DIRECT

And, ironically, with Fiorentina in GC12:

Tackling Style - HARD

Mentality - DEFENSIVE

Passing Style - DIRECT

Fair play to you, you use those tactics coz they work.

You're obviously learning from Walter....! :eek::D:P;)

Not a lot more to be added here,Rangers no surrender spirit has been evident all season,dont forget we were unlucky not to progress out of the group after the horror show against Lyon at the Brox but hav shown what we're made of in the UEFA cup.

Welshman ya hav to put aside your anti rangers agenda and accept that Walters tactics have been spot on the whole way thru the tourney.

With the financial clout teams like Werder and Fiorintina possess we dont even deserve to be on the same pitch but lucky enuff money doesnt guarantee ya success and hard work prevailed.

I never doubted that Rangers wud beat them and after blankin Fio for 210 mins the Italians can hav no complaints.

I actually predicted a 1-1 draw,knowin if we scored they were incapable of scorin 2 and as the game went on you cud see the Bears grow in confidence while Fio became increasingly frustrated wiv their woeful finishin.

When alls said and dun,we take our rightful place in the final and although Zenit hav enjoyed a succesful campaign,they hold no fears for Walter and the lads.

Time off work,child minders,no ticket,expensive flights and hotels means ill not be there but sure we'll hav a wee street party the day of the match and the flags will be flyin as we cheer them on from the comfort of the livin room with a large selection of refreshments on hand.

KEEP BELIEVIN.WE ARE DA PEOPLE.B)

Guest the plummer

Not a lot more to be added here' date='Rangers no surrender spirit has been evident all season,dont forget we were unlucky not to progress out of the group after the horror show against Lyon at the Brox but hav shown what we're made of in the UEFA cup.

Welshman ya hav to put aside your anti rangers agenda and accept that Walters tactics have been spot on the whole way thru the tourney.

With the financial clout teams like Werder and Fiorintina possess we dont even deserve to be on the same pitch but lucky enuff money doesnt guarantee ya success and hard work prevailed.

I never doubted that Rangers wud beat them and after blankin Fio for 210 mins the Italians can hav no complaints.

I actually predicted a 1-1 draw,knowin if we scored they were incapable of scorin 2 and as the game went on you cud see the Bears grow in confidence while Fio became increasingly frustrated wiv their woeful finishin.

When alls said and dun,we take our rightful place in the final and although Zenit hav enjoyed a succesful campaign,they hold no fears for Walter and the lads.

Time off work,child minders,no ticket,expensive flights and hotels means ill not be there but sure we'll hav a wee street party the day of the match and the flags will be flyin as we cheer them on from the comfort of the livin room with a large selection of refreshments on hand.

KEEP BELIEVIN.WE ARE DA PEOPLE.B) [/b']

And people wonder why i admire him:D

Rangers deserve it , not luck not anything just a good tactician and hard work :)

McGregor

wasnt even first choice until this season - came on wonders

broadfoot-played for st mirren

weir- everton reservs

culluer- osasuna

daily- westham reserves

davis -fulham

mc culloch wigan

novo -dundee

boyd killmarnock

thomson and whittaker- hibs

papac- god knows

tbh who needs to buy the biggest and best players from the biggest teams when you could work wonders like smith? ano some of them wernt his signings but it just shows what he was left with:cool:

bring back sebooooo

It's a call of Unity, it's origins are in the fact that Rangers were the team of the Glasgow shipyard workers, during strikes the chant would be made to suggest the workers were the people whilst the bosses acted like they were above them and had no understanding of how people actually lived, naturally people who were chanting it outside shipyards all week continued it into the stadium at the weekend and as such it has become a Rangers chant. I think in modern times it simply suggests we are a unified group of people.

It's a call of Unity' date=' it's origins are in the fact that Rangers were the team of the Glasgow shipyard workers, during strikes the chant would be made to suggest the workers were the people whilst the bosses acted like they were above them and had no understanding of how people actually lived, naturally people who were chanting it outside shipyards all week continued it into the stadium at the weekend and as such it has become a Rangers chant. I think in modern times it simply suggests we are a unified group of people.[/quote']

Thank you mate!

I'm not anti Rangers....

I rate Walter Smith as a class manager, him and Ally are a great coaching team......They have used the right tactics to take them to the final, I just don't like their tactics...Thats all, thats why I was a tad OTT last night...

If you play with a bit more intent to attack in the Final, I will also be behind you...

lol Ok Welshman Admit You Were Owned By Machine In His Last Post :P

Anyway Hopyfully The Russians Do The Business' date=' & Celtic Go On To Win The League, Il Give Rangers The Leahue Cup & Hope qots Do Them In The Cup,[/quote']

I was owned?? Never!!!

My tactics are for the SM game....Not real life....There is a HUGE!!!! difference!!.....

What I like seeing in REAL LIFE...and what I do on a GAME are 2 different things!!!

So...Owned?? Nah!!!