UEFA CUP 07/08

Re: UEFA CUP 07/08

Today results:

Anderlecht 0-5 Bayern Munchen (Altintop, 9m; Luca Toni, 45m; Podolsky, 57m; Klose, 67m; Ribery, 86m)

Fiorentina 2–0 Everton (Kuzmanovic, 70m, Montolivo, 81m)

Marselha 3–1 Zenit (Cisse, 37m and 55m; Niang 48m) (Arshavin 82m)

Rangers 2–0 Werder Bremen (Cousin, 45m; Davis, 48m)

Bolton 1–1 Sporting (McCann, 24 m)(Vukcevic, 69m)

B. Leverkusen 1–0 Hamburger (Gekas 78m)

Tottenham 0–1 PSV (Farfán, 34m)

Benfica 1-2 Getafe (Mantorras, 76m) (De la Red, 25m;Pablo Hernández, 67m)

For me the biggest surprises are the wins of Getafe and Rangers and the overpowering win of Bayern Muchen

PSV makeing problems for Tottenham :) not a best score but it will help for the match add PSV Stadium.i newed that they gonna win after all they are add first in there league and need to show of after Ajax embarrassed every dutch after losing against Dinamo Zegreb.

Rangers deserved a win, as much as I hate to admit it. They closed out Bremen with their now infamous 'anti-football' and still created three or four good chances. Granted, the Bremen keeper gifted them goals, but if it weren't for Naldo, Bremen would have already lost the tie.

Rangers deserved a win' date=' as much as I hate to admit it. They closed out Bremen with their now infamous 'anti-football' and still created three or four good chances. Granted, the Bremen keeper gifted them goals, but if it weren't for Naldo, Bremen would have already lost the tie.[/quote']

They deserved the win, but i thought Wiise would of done better, i rate the goalkeeper, but i have lost hope in him after last night, Cousin goal was a complete slip up by him, and he should of dealt with the second. Rangers always looked the better side, they nearly scored from the kick, but Wiise denied Adam.

Ranger once more progress despite being outplayed' date=' which annoys me, but tonight's close shave shows that they can't keep getting away with murder...especially since next month there's three OF games.

Werder Bremen will rip them a new one, and that's a honest prediction. 2-1 to Bremen at Ibrox and a Bremen win by upwards of two goals in Germany.[/quote']

Rangers 2-0 Werder Bremen:cool:

Superb display from Rangers,totally dominated the game and Werder slink back to Bremen knowin it shud have been more especially Lee Mccullochs miss.

2-0 is a great home score because unlike our 4 points adrift neighbours from across the city we dont roll over and die when we leave Britain.

3 old firm games to come can only benefit Rangers especially since the last 3 have been 3 Rangers wins without even concedin a goal:cool:

yay... zenit st petersburg for the uefa cup:D

Well they beat Marseille 2-0 with 2 goals from Pogrebnyak who despite being a Joes Barton off the pitch does appear to do the job on the pitch. I think Zenit at home are the best team left in the UEFA Cup.

Sorry i don't follow the UEFA cup that much but are Bayern Munich out of the UEFA cup then?? :confused:

Because surely they are favorites if they are still in. B)

Nop, Bayern are still in. They beat Anderlecht 5-0 away, but are now losing 2-1 to them at home. So it looks like they are definitley going through :D

Anderlecht2-6Bayern0-5 Report »Live »Marseille3-3Zenit (ag) 3-1 Report »0-2 Report »Fiorentina2-2Everton2-0 Report »Live »Leverkusen (ag) 3-3Hamburg1-0 Report »2-3 Report »Tottenham0-1PSV0-1 Report »Live »Benfica1-2Getafe1-2 Report »Live »Rangers-Bremen2-0 Report »Preview »Bolton-Sporting1-1 Report »13/03 »

Favourites yes but I wouldnt rule out anyone one winning it yet all the sides left in bar (Getafe/Benfica\Bolton/Sporting) have a good chance of winning even Rangers all though i hate to say it.

If Rangers do win it we'll never hear the end of it so heres hoping they lose tomorrow.