UEFA CUP 07/08

Re: UEFA CUP 07/08

Zenit destroyed Leveskunes away from home 1-4 and it could have been 1-5 or even 1-6 if they took a few chances. Arshavin and Pogrebnyak were the stars of the show with Denisov, Anyukov, Zyryanov and Tymoshuk all showing up their dominance. I think apart from Munich there is no other team more suited for winning the UEFA cup then Zenit.

PSV will win Fiorentina for sure they are more confident right now because they won against a English team and not a easy team but one of the best

Fiorentina beat a better English team. ;)

It's still all to play for but I can see Fiorentina nicking it. Zenit (obviously), Sporting and Bayern will be the other teams in the semis.

Zenit destroyed Leveskunes away from home 1-4 and it could have been 1-5 or even 1-6 if they took a few chances. Arshavin and Pogrebnyak were the stars of the show with Denisov' date=' Anyukov, Zyryanov and Tymoshuk all showing up their dominance. I think apart from Munich there is no other team more suited for winning the UEFA cup then Zenit.[/quote']

Totally agree with this Krucinho, i watched the game yesterday and i was massively impressed with Zenit, they look like they have the perfect style away from home, and as you say, certainly could and probably should of scored a couple more! Arshavin was, as usual, very good indeed but the other player you mentioned, the big centre forward Pogrebnyak was top quality up front and caused problems all evening. I went to watch Everton at Goodison when they played Zenit, and to be honest they deserved a point out of that game, they were wrongfully put down to 10 men and still had very good spells of possession and could of nicked a goal or 2. As well as that, they were in their off season at the time so obviously won't of been as sharp match-wise as Everton. They look as though they could definitely go very, very far in this competition.

Zenit destroyed Leveskunes away from home 1-4 and it could have been 1-5 or even 1-6 if they took a few chances. Arshavin and Pogrebnyak were the stars of the show with Denisov' date=' Anyukov, Zyryanov and Tymoshuk all showing up their dominance. I think apart from Munich there is no other team more suited for winning the UEFA cup then Zenit.[/quote']

if both pass they will play one each other in semi finals..

if both pass they will play one each other in semi finals..

Yep and Zenit will have the second leg at home. Also if only applies to Munich as Zenit are pretty much through. I think that whoever advances from this side of the group into the final will win the cup. Even if its Getafe.

PSV is doing well they are playing with discipline and Koevermans goal was a good one but all thanks to Gomez.

I think Fiorentina will beat them though.....

PSV are the best thing about Dutch football o doubt but I think Fiorentina will be too strong

Fair play To Rangers Tonight, Just Hope There Undone Next Round :rolleyes:

Devastated for Getafe :mad:

Hope Zenit or Fiorentina or Bayern Win It Now

Remember What Fiorentina Went Through a Few Years Ago Infact If Im Not Mistaken They Practically Lost That Club & The Fans Create a New One So Would Be great For Them.

Welshman Was Correct Fiorentina Were Too Strong.. Would Have Favourd PSV Myself

Fair play To Rangers Tonight' date=' Just Hope There Undone Next Round :rolleyes:

Devastated for Getafe :mad:

Hope Zenit or Fiorentina or Bayern Win It Now

Remember What Fiorentina Went Through a Few Years Ago Infact If Im Not Mistaken They Practically Lost That Club & The Fans Create a New One So Would Be great For Them.

Welshman Was Correct Fiorentina Were Too Strong.. Would Have Favourd PSV Myself[/quote']

Yea well played rangers but hopefully they will get knocked out in the next wrong hope byern win it they deserve it but getafe very unlucky :)

dammm lasovic plays bad mate' date='dammm PSV needs a real coach,dammm mate where was Farfan.[/quote']

and psv needs a NEW STRIKER, like Sulejmani from Heerenveen. Lazovic is not European class and koevermans is standing on a island whole the match. do we have reserve striker hmmm only reis and zeefuik (since farfan is a winger) but reis and zeefuik are too young.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i belive what our team will show good game tommorow... unfortunatly we have tooo many injured players....and it is a real problem.... Anuykov is out, Lomberts is out, Kim is out.....we really have't enough deffenders.... and in conclusion Tima has a trauma and is under - ?(Q).....

Guest F.C. Internazionale Milano

and psv needs a NEW STRIKER' date=' like Sulejmani from Heerenveen. Lazovic is not European class and koevermans is standing on a island whole the match. do we have reserve striker hmmm only reis and zeefuik (since farfan is a winger) but reis and zeefuik are too young.[/quote']

yeah, koevermans is a big guy and you should use him as a target man, you just need someone like a AM/F to assist koevermans, someone quick and with good passing abilities...

I hope I'm not gonna jinx the men from Russia and bearing in mind Bayern's great comeback against Getafe in the last round, perhaps I am being a bit premature here but the half time score is:

Zenit St. Petersburg 2 - 0 Bayern Munich

(Agg 3-1)

Go Zenit :) Performed admirably through the competition and have got better and better. I hope they make it (and that I haven't jinxed them :o )

Guest melbguy1

Wow...

I knew Bayern would not win it this season. I have said it...

COME ON FIORENTINA!!!!!

I will win a load of money if Viola do win it!!

yep.. wow

although there's still another half to go and Toni may score 7 goals in the last 2 mins :rolleyes: