Liverpool Academy 2013/2014

Mr E

Last season I wrote a report on the best talents in Liverpool's Academy side. This can be found here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=127167.

I've decided to write a new report detailing our current crop of Academy talents. As a keen watcher of the u18s I feel like I am in a good position to rate these players and give my opinion on them.

Jordan Rossiter

200px-Jrossiter.JPG

D.O.B.: 24 March 1997

(16 years old)

Nationality: English

Position: CM/DM

Three main attributes: Aggression, composure, energy

Tough-tackling midfielder Jordan Rossiter is one of Liverpool's brightest prospects in the Academy. As England's U16 captain, he is well thought of throughout the country and during last season, at the age of just 15, he captained Liverpool's Under 18 side on a number of occasions. During this pre-season he has been involved with the U21s squad and earned rave reviews. If he continues to progress I can see him make his first team debut in the not too distant future. Robbie Fowler has been quoted as saying he has high hopes for the player, suggesting he could be 'the next Gerrard'. In reality, he plays nothing like him. From what I have seen he seems to be a hybrid of Joe Allen and Lucas Leiva.

Lloyd Jones

200px-Lloyd_jones.jpg

D.O.B.:7 October 1995

(17 years old)

Nationality: Welsh/English

Position: CB

Three main attributes: Strength, composure, aerial ability

Lloyd Jones is Liverpool's most talented defender in the Academy and featured heavily in the Youth Cup run before ending the season mainly playing for the U21s. This kid is extremely talented and looked the real deal for Liverpool last season. Brendan Rodgers clearly has high hopes for the player as he rewarded him with a new contract and put him on the bench for the away tie against Fulham. With Andre Wisdom moving up from the U21s to join the first team squad, Jones now has the opportunity to move up from the U18s and become a regular for the U21s. I expect him to be part of the first team squad during cup games but a full season playing for the U21s seems likely at the moment.

Jerome Sinclair

200px-Jeromesinclair.jpg

D.O.B.: 20 September 1996

(16 years old)

Nationality: English

Position: CF

Three main attributes: Finishing, pace, positioning

Jerome Sinclair featured on my last report however I decided to write about him again as he will still be playing for the Academy side.

Sinclair has just enjoyed a fine season for Liverpool, being the U18s top scorer with 11 goals in 22 games while making an appearance for the first team during a League Cup match. This kid is a natural finisher: excellent with both feet as well as being good in the air. At 16, he was one of the younger members of the U18s side last season however that didn't seem to phase him at all. If Sinclair is to progress to the U21s he needs to improve his overall game which can let him down at times. However, Sinclair has raw talent and if Liverpool's coaches can refine his game we may see him feature more regularly for the first team in a couple years time.

Sergi Canos

175px-Canos1.JPG

D.O.B.: 2 February 1997

(16 years old)

Nationality: Spanish

Position: FWD/Wing

Three main attributes: Dribbling, finising, intelligence

One of Liverpool's newest recruits, ex-Barcelona player Sergi Canos has come to the club with a massive reputation. As a Spanish youth international, Canos has the traditional skill and technical ability of a Spaniard and was regarded as one of Barcelona's biggest talents. During pre-season he has played for the U18s, scoring on his debut, however if he continues to flourish at this level I would expect to see him move up to the U21s this season.

Pedro Chirivella

150px-Chirivella1.JPG

D.O.B.: 23 May 1997

(16 years old)

Nationality: Spanish

Position: CM

Three main attributes: Passing, composure, vision

Another of Liverpool's new Spanish recruits is Pedro Chirivella. Bought from Valencia this summer for £2million, Chirivella has come to the club with a massive reputation. Even though he is only just 16 years old, he has made 7 appearances for the Spain U17 side and will be looking to develop his talents for the Academy side this season. He has been described as 'the best talent to come out of Valencia in recent years' and thats an Academy that produced Isco! Chirivella has said that his favourite player is Xabi Alonse, a Kop great, and comparisons can be seen in their game with the youngster showing a good passing range in his few games at Liverpool.

Thanks to those that have read this report. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, whether positive or negative. If anyone has any questions regarding Liverpool youngsters then feel free to ask and I'll get back to you ASAP.

:)

• 2 months later...

Re: Liverpool Academy 2013/2014

Watched highlights of Liverpool-Blackburn u18s last night and Harry Wilson stole the show. Can clearly see he's full of confidence atm and looks like one to watch out for.

hW8qg7NdmQI

Yep, him, Canos and Sinclair will be an absolute dream front 3 for the u18s. Annoyed I didnt mention him in my original post but he I guess it shows the talent we have :o