Today's Transfer Improvements

Transfer system changes have been made to improve the game and rid it of all cheating whilst providing a level playing field for all managers. Although the changes are slightly different to what has been in place it should be easy to pick up and managers should quickly be able to work out the new system. We advise managers to use the updated club shortlisted messages and the Chief Executives advice when you go to buy a player.

1) External and unmanaged clubs are now more intelligent and will only accept high offers for their best players.

2) External clubs are more active in the transfer market and pay good money for players on the transferlist.

3) A Chief Executive now tells you the minimum value the chairman is willing to sell his players for when you go to buy a player from another club.

4) Players values that are part exchanged in a deal are calculated on how good they would be for the squad they are going to and therefore can be worth more than their stated value as well as less.

5) Different amounts will be acceptable in different setups as it depends on the circumstances of the clubs involved. ie the squads rating and the balances of the club.

Here they are for those who haven't read the blog. What are your thoughts?

I personally think that they are positive changes to the game and particularly like the Chief Exec stating what amounts would be acceptable. I do think that there are some pitfuls though. I think that the part exchanging players and the fact that players are worth more in some setups than others are not the best idea's. How are these decided? I think that in the long run they will be good additions but in the short term could cause massive issues with people making complaints. It is also going to be very difficcult to understand imo. What does everyone else think?

Re: Today's Transfer Improvements

Now this is frustrating because there are several clubs which have tons of great players and they got them from unmanaged clubs for low amount of money, and now the others has no chance to buy them because Mr Chairman believes that the player worth xx million.. This is not correct in this way I think..

For example: xy bought zx for 15 million, and now he can't sell him below 32 million.. This is not good.

i believe that the players part exchange rule is excellent, and so is the chief executive. however i think that buying from unamanged teams is too hard now. the chief exec. lists a value which is too high in my opinion, and i liked buying from unamanged clubs the old way tbh.

and can some1 clarify wether it DEFINATELY has to be over the stated amount, because it ses:

Your Chief Executive believes the chairman of Barcelona will not let ______________ leave for less than £__M.

the believs makes me think that its not for sure. for example you might be able to get the player for 3-5 million cheaper.

it seems good but a bit complicated .

when you are exchanging players , some can go for a higher value( depending on the club they are going to ) , does this happen as you are making the offer or when the deal is over?

And if external managers are now more intelligent and accept higher offers or their best players , they must accept lower offers for their worst players:rolleyes:

tried to shortlist some of the top players to try out..

these are what i got..

Villa $35mill

Eto'o $38mill

Ronaldinho $45.5mill

Ibrahimovic $32.7mill

Messi $41.8mill

Pirlo $30.9mill

Xavi $32.1mill

Kaka $49.7mill

Deco $22.9mill

now.. look at the prices now..

if its a custom/gold/world setup, understand prices can actually be higher than the above so it doesnt really matter..

but what abt english setups?

the above players always cause a mad rush at the start of a new setup

imagine im chelsea in a new setup, i can only afford to buy pirlo and will be left will little cash left..

which team actually has $49.7mill to start with??

i must sell 4-5 average players just to raise cash to buy 1 single top player now?

understand sm wants to make the game more realistic but den the cash injection shld also match this?

man united n spurs spent more than $50mill each this summer for transfers

will we ever get a $50mill cash injection at the start of the season?

even young n good players cost a big bomb!!

Samir nasri $28.9mill!!!

wonder who suggested these change to SM?

why dun they work on the match engine 1st b4 making funny changes here n there..

now everyone will revert to buying old players since they dun cost so much n dun seem to be affected by this change

great idea?

Well, I love all of the new improvement. And it answers why I havent been able to buy Fred from an Unmanagable Lyon.

I dont really think that it HAS to be a bid that is higher then what the cheif exuctive says, but it will have to be around there.

Like for example Fred is 18 mil, I think if you make an offer of 15 mil + Saha then I think it would get accepted

tried to shortlist some of the top players to try out..

these are what i got..

Villa $35mill

Eto'o $38mill

Ronaldinho $45.5mill

Ibrahimovic $32.7mill

Messi $41.8mill

Pirlo $30.9mill

Xavi $32.1mill

Kaka $49.7mill

Deco $22.9mill

now.. look at the prices now..

if its a custom/gold/world setup' date=' understand prices can actually be higher than the above so it doesnt really matter..

but what abt english setups?

the above players always cause a mad rush at the start of a new setup

imagine im chelsea in a new setup, i can only afford to buy pirlo and will be left will little cash left..

which team actually has $49.7mill to start with??

i must sell 4-5 average players just to raise cash to buy 1 single top player now?

understand sm wants to make the game more realistic but den the cash injection shld also match this?

man united n spurs spent more than $50mill each this summer for transfers

will we ever get a $50mill cash injection at the start of the season?

even young n good players cost a big bomb!!

Samir nasri $28.9mill!!!

wonder who suggested these change to SM?

why dun they work on the match engine 1st b4 making funny changes here n there..

now everyone will revert to buying old players since they dun cost so much n dun seem to be affected by this change

great idea?[/quote']

seem you have a point , it is usual such high prices are demanded in a gold /custom setup , but in english :( its dificult

maybe they do not want managed teams to rush for such players

Well' date=' I love all of the new improvement. And it answers why I havent been able to buy Fred from an Unmanagable Lyon.

I dont really think that it HAS to be a bid that is higher then what the cheif exuctive says, but it will have to be around there.

Like for example Fred is 18 mil, I think if you make an offer of 15 mil + Saha then I think it would get accepted[/quote']

dun tink u can offer p/e for an unmanaged team?

I think it is a great idea because it was way to easy for managers to buy great players for ridiculus prices and this should now make the game realistic and much fairer. The only probablem about it is that old setups as was earlier by Mr HoW will be unfair to the managers who bought players before the rule and they will have a great advantage from now on.

I think it is a great idea because it was way to easy for managers to buy great players for ridiculus prices and this should now make the game realistic and much fairer. The only probablem about it is that old setups as was earlier by Mr HoW will be unfair to the managers who bought players before the rule and they will have a great advantage from now on.

Its all very well saying that but when SM makes changes then there are always going to be people who have benefitted from getting players cheaper before the changes were made. It was the same situation when they stopped managers being able to p/e their not so good players to unmanaged teams to get the top players. What would you want them to do? Reverse all the deals in every setup up to now? Unfortunately when games are ever evolving like this one it means that older managers would have inevitably gained some advantages but thats just the way it goes!

Your Chief Executive believes the chairman of Barcelona will not let ______________ leave for less than £__M.

the believs makes me think that its not for sure. for example you might be able to get the player for 3-5 million cheaper.

Why would you think that when the above you have stated ' date='[b']will not let ______________ leave for less than £__M.[/b]

Surely if they say that it means that ammount or higher ,not cheaper .:)

i put some lowly rated players on my shortlist -

Benfica(average rating-84)

Oliveira ROMEU RIBEIRO(77)-(value-$370K) =( club message-$220K)

Angelo MIGUEL VITOR(77)-(value-$1.1m) = (club message-$850K)

Arsenal(average rating -88)

Anthony stokes(84)(value-4.2m)=(club message-3.6m)

milan(average value-85)

Salvatore SIRIGU(76)(value-$787K)(club message-$480K)

Its all very well saying that but when SM makes changes then there are always going to be people who have benefitted from getting players cheaper before the changes were made. It was the same situation when they stopped managers being able to p/e their not so good players to unmanaged teams to get the top players. What would you want them to do? Reverse all the deals in every setup up to now? Unfortunately when games are ever evolving like this one it means that older managers would have inevitably gained some advantages but thats just the way it goes!

Yes i know that and i was not saying that something should be done about it i was simply mentioning the fact that the players who bought from external before this rule will have an advantage. I wasn't arguing about it.

This is a big headache for me and for my collegues in that setup to get those players... Almost impossible.. :(

i have 2 questions.... if any 1 can answer plz just to enlighten me...

1-to buy a player you have to add the player to shortlist now and buy him for around the value is in ur club msgs.

2-if so i use to try and buy players over 10m before and the chairman told me altough the player would bla bla bla, hes not willing to spend that much of the budget on him.

but that means now i am never going to buy a player now days with this new transfer system because most of the players now will probably be over 10m.

i have 2 questions.... if any 1 can answer plz just to enlighten me...

1-to buy a player you have to add the player to shortlist now and buy him for around the value is in ur club msgs.

2-if so i use to try and buy players over 10m before and the chairman told me altough the player would bla bla bla' date=' hes not willing to spend that much of the budget on him.

but that means now i am never going to buy a player now days with this new transfer system because most of the players now will probably be over 10m.[/quote']

Lol, I had an issue like this before with Man City! This is strange, I'm very interested what will happen about this.

But I still cant understand this thing.. As ilovebeer wrote, the prize moneys and chairman investments are fairly not equal with these amount of moneys...

Personally, I love this new feature. :)

I can understand people's complaints but for English Championship's, we all know it was far to easy to sign the Ronaldinho's, Kaka's etc and that they went for low prices. Now this isn't possible of course, so I think it's a good improvement. :)

Personally' date=' I love this new feature. :)

I can understand people's complaints but for English Championship's, we all know it was far to easy to sign the Ronaldinho's, Kaka's etc and that they went for low prices. Now this isn't possible of course, so I think it's a good improvement. :)[/quote']

Yeah that is what i said but not in so many words. I also love the idea as it will stop teams like Chelsea from buying all of the top players in English Championships.

Great improvement SM.

To be honist i just doint like this what so ever some of the prices are rediculas.

e.g. xavi 32 mill hes far far over rated on this game i think and paying that for him would be silly he wil go down in next rating changes hope fully.

Eto 32 mil

people allready bought eto for this price but iv bought him for 20 mil twice and i think thats a good deal for him.

Henry left arsenal for 16 mil and he is one if not the best stricker in the worled and bette rthan eto at the moment. im sure age comes ino this but eto should not be that expenseve.

messi at 40 mil is a bit over priced aswell tho he is a prmising youngster i just think he is only worth about 30-35 mil.

im sure people will have over things to say about this post and the new improvment but thats my vewis

Personally' date=' I love this new feature. :)

I can understand people's complaints but for English Championship's, we all know it was far to easy to sign the Ronaldinho's, Kaka's etc and that they went for low prices. Now this isn't possible of course, so I think it's a good improvement. :)[/quote']

den wats the point/purpose having these players around to play in unavailable to manage clubs since its almost impossible to buy them?

Also just noticed it could be easier to sign some players!:)

I just went to bid for Philippe Senderos in Ant's setup and it says the chairman won't let him leave for less than £5.9million. His value is £6.4m so either some players can be bought cheaper now or this is just a bug ;)

Yeah that is what i said but not in so many words. I also love the idea as it will stop teams like Chelsea from buying all of the top players in English Championships.

Great improvement SM.

its not just abt the chelseas n man utds!

i manage several smaller teams in ec such as everton, west ham, portsmouth

i can afford to buy a good winger like ribery and a good striker like ibrahimovic and den build my team around these stars with average players that are rated 88-90

with this change, even samir nasri is quoted at $28mill which is severely overpriced. i'll no longer be able to afford players like quaresma, alves, iniesta etc as they are now priced abt $30mill each!

this might make players go the cheap way of buying OAPs such as figo, maldini, thuram, ayala etc

these players still go at low prices and in the long run, clubs go into debts due to the high wages.. which brings us back to square 1?

Also just noticed it could be easier to sign some players!:)

I just went to bid for Philippe Senderos in Ant's setup and it says the chairman won't let him leave for less than £5.9million. His value is £6.4m so either some players can be bought cheaper now or this is just a bug ;)

it might be easier..

but with the higher difficulty of bringing in good replacements, would the arsenal manager be willing to sell u sendoros at such a low price? while he needs to pay so much higher now for other stars?