Today's Transfer Improvements

Re: Today's Transfer Improvements

it might be easier..

but with the higher difficulty of bringing in good replacements' date=' would the arsenal manager be willing to sell u sendoros at such a low price? while he needs to pay so much higher now for other stars?[/quote']

Depends, you often see managers selling players like Senderos for less then their value so you never know.

Don't know if this would go for unavailable to manage clubs though.

Well i think it sounds like a great improvement,thou the spend merchants will not be happy:),Its basically gonna make the game more realistic and stop a few teams from snapping up all the top players and rendering the unmanaged teams in the various setups usless.

It may also make managers stick with their sides as they will have to save up cash to afford top class players.

Managers are also going to have to think more about who they are gonna buy for their team and scout around alot more for up and coming talent.

I see this as the end for quick fix teams and the start of managers building up teams slowly.This is not gonna suit everyone and alot of people who play the game at 100 mph will not like these changes at all but i think the vast majority will:rolleyes:

Unfortunatley the benifits of this new system will only be seen in new setups but those who are in well run old setups will also benifit.

Team "hoppers" will hate these new transfer improvements but maybe this is an end to their fly by night ways;)

Why would you think that when the above you have stated ' date='[b']will not let ______________ leave for less than £__M.[/b]

Surely if they say that it means that ammount or higher ,not cheaper .:)

well i clearly underlined 'believes' didnt i!:confused: which is why i asked: where it says believes will not ___leave... , does it mean definately will not leave, or most likely, as in mayb get him for slightly less.

if any of that made sense?

1) External and unmanaged clubs are now more intelligent and will only accept high offers for their best players.

For example: xy bought zx for 15 million' date=' and now he can't sell him below 32 million.. This is not good.[/quote']

Sorry yes it is ,for to long we have been able to buy the top players from these clubs on the cheap.

but what abt english setups?

the above players always cause a mad rush at the start of a new setup

imagine im chelsea in a new setup' date=' i can only afford to buy pirlo and will be left will little cash left..

which team actually has $49.7mill to start with??

i must sell 4-5 average players just to raise cash to buy 1 single top player .

[/quote']

Youve already answered WHY it must be better especially for the English set ups ,As you say your Chelsea already with some of the highest rated players in game ,yet the old way you can easily buy 2-3 top rated players ,this way with the top stars being being priced like you said you can only afford one ,so that also means other teams now have a chance to buy a big one as well ,also how long do you intend to play you sound like everyone has to buy everyone up in one season ,so now they will go around more clubs and Yes will take more than one season to buy all the 90 plus rated players ,so that in itself must be good not bad.

2) External clubs are more active in the transfer market and pay good money for players on the transferlist.

Well this should be a plus for off loading the waste .:D

3) A Chief Executive now tells you the minimum value the chairman is willing to sell his players for when you go to buy a player from another club.

Well if anyone dosnt like this after all the whinging ,i suggest you take up solitaire ,at least you wont be getting rejected because your to low ,you now have a starting point .

4) Players values that are part exchanged in a deal are calculated on how good they would be for the squad they are going to and therefore can be worth more than their stated value as well as less.

it seems good but a bit complicated .

when you are exchanging players ' date=' some can go for a higher value( depending on the club they are going to ) , does this happen as you are making the offer or when the deal is over?

[b']I presume it means if you are P/E players that are the same rating or higher than the other clubs team or Squad rating you will get more for them because they officaly improve that team.[/b]

And if external managers are now more intelligent and accept higher offers or their best players , they must accept lower offers for their worst players:rolleyes:

Stands to reason every player is not going to be 30 plus mill ,so yes the top players will be less ,plus you will also know how low you can start from .

5) Different amounts will be acceptable in different setups as it depends on the circumstances of the clubs involved. ie the squads rating and the balances of the club.

Will need to see how this goes in my diff set ups ,so for me the jury is out on this last one for now .:eek:;)

Depends' date=' you often see managers selling players like Senderos for less then their value so you never know.

Don't know if this would go for unavailable to manage clubs though.[/quote']

yup.. for example if im managing man utd, i'll gladly sell off players like fletcher, o'shea, pique, park etc on the cheap to get other stars

with the new inflated prices, i'll be worried to sell them off cheap as i now have to pay so much more to bring in quality replacements!

if sell the 4 players above at $6mill each, i can't even cover the cost of buying 1 player eg.samir nasri who is listed at $28mill ! !

All for this, Puts realism more into the game.

Poeple that are giving out about having to pay 50 Million for kaka:confused:

Those just want it the easy way & besides how often are AC unmanaged anyway.

These new prices will make is a little difficult for the medium size teams, but on the other hand they will get better prices for there players & will be able to buy 88 ,89 rated players whice makes it realistic

Now wether this makes the game less playability for medium small clubs to challange bigger clubs who knows guess we will find out

well i clearly underlined 'believes' didnt i!:confused: which is why i asked: where it says believes will not ___leave... ' date=' does it mean definately will not leave, or most likely, as in mayb get him for slightly less.

if any of that made sense?[/quote']

3) A Chief Executive now tells you the minimum value the chairman is willing to sell his players for when you go to buy a player from another club.

Minimum means the least they will accept,so it is pointless to go lower .:)

Minimum means the least they will accept' date='so it is pointless to go lower .:)[/quote']

how do i get this executive chief thingy lol

Transfer system changes have been made to improve the game and rid it of all cheating whilst providing a level playing field for all managers.

Thought i would pop this part up of your opening thread Leigh mate ' date='everybody is that concerned that they cant buy top players for peanuts that nobody has bothered to even mention the most important part of the game for me ,

"[b'] rid it of all cheating[/b]"

While some of you are thinking GOD i can only afford to buy maybe one player a season ,well just think these fellows wont want to stay around that long and hopefully will look for pastures new .

Nobody yet has given it the time of the day to even wait and see how it goes ,but until its given time then like S/M stated as well its a level playing field for all managers.

Well i think it sounds like a great improvement' date='thou the spend merchants will not be happy:),Its basically gonna make the game more realistic and stop a few teams from snapping up [/b']all the top players and rendering the unmanaged teams in the various setups usless.

It may also make managers stick with their sides as they will have to save up cash to afford top class players.

Managers are also going to have to think more about who they are gonna buy for their team and scout around alot more for up and coming talent.

I see this as the end for quick fix teams and the start of managers building up teams slowly.This is not gonna suit everyone and alot of people who play the game at 100 mph will not like these changes at all but i think the vast majority will:rolleyes:

Unfortunatley the benifits of this new system will only be seen in new setups but those who are in well run old setups will also benifit.

Team "hoppers" will hate these new transfer improvements but maybe this is an end to their fly by night ways;)

See you have had the Foresight to think of the Future not just the Present ,wait till Teb gets his Tabs on this ,will be longer than the Old and /New testemant put together.:D

Thought i would pop this part up of your opening thread Leigh mate ' date='everybody is that concerned that they cant buy top players for peanuts that nobody has bothered to even mention the most important part of the game for me ,

"[b'] rid it of all cheating[/b]"

While some of you are thinking GOD i can only afford to buy maybe one player a season ,well just think these fellows wont want to stay around that long and hopefully will look for pastures new .

Nobody yet has given it the time of the day to even wait and see how it goes ,but until its given time then like S/M stated as well its a level playing field for all managers.

Just what i was saying,in my usual round about way,this may be a black day for the team" Hoppers" who blitz into setups buy all they can then get bored and leave unconcerned about the mess they have left behind.

Guest the plummer

I have mixed feelings about this , in a setup Estan Cambiaso is at unmanaged

Usally a would have to pay around 14-15 mil to get him but now i need to pay 20 mil:eek:

A think Sm are trying to make it so more people will take teams in setup which i fink is wrong

A would give a big reply but a feel its out of our hands and we shoudlve had some sort of say in this as its starting to favour the smaller teams insetad of larger ones as they can get players cheaper now but barca, milan managers ect have to pay alot more:mad:

barca' date=' milan managers ect have to pay alot more:mad:[/quote']

It surely must be easier for these teams they are given more money as well as having most of top players to begin with ,where do you make out they will have to pay more than other less teams ,if Gerrard was say mimimum 40 mill then it dosnt matter if its Barca or Accrington its the same minimum for both ,only probs is that if Accrington didnt buy anyone for 5 seasons and saved money up Chairman would proberly reject him going to a club as low as this anyway .:D;)

Barca /Milan could get him though .

Is it a new trend on the forum to write in bold?! :D

I have mixed views on the new 'improvements'. I think people have been asking for so long for more info on what is an acceptable bid that you can't really blame SM for implementing something like the idea of a Chief Exec telling you how much is the minimum acceptable amount. It is simple, fairly realistic, and should prevent some stupid bids being bandied about, which is all desirable.

On the down side, I always thought SM were against displaying what the minimum or maximum amounts you could bid would be on the premise that it helped cheats act quicker, and took some enjoyment out of negotiation. I agreed on both parts and still do to be honest. Particularly with deals now going through quicker than ever - a good thing in itself - I find this element a bit worrying as I could now (if I was a cheat) take two teams in one setup and the very next day have bought a player from one of the teams for the minimum amount going. Before, the cheats at least risked giving themselves away by bidding £500,000 for Rooney and accepting it. I suppose it could be argued that if SM are forcing more realistic bids to be made, than this makes it less of an issue whether someone is cheating or not anyway, as they would be paying a 'fair' price.

As for unmanageable clubs etc being more intelligent in buying and selling, and wanting more for their best players, I see no harm in that... a tougher, more realistic game, with the computer being more involved in the transfer market? All to the good, surely? OK, you will not find it easy to buy superstars with the money you start with in the bank, but remember that it works both ways and the unmanaged clubs are going to be ever more willing to fork out for your duds (decent players to some unmanageable clubs). I have been making a packet in selling players who I used to struggle to offload after a rating increase, as the unmanaged clubs are interested. It has been a bit too easy to then use this money to buy superstars, so the change seems good to me.

The bit about part exchanging players being worth varying amounts depending on their value to the club you are offering them to etc (which is only going to apply between managed clubs as I understand it anyway) does seem a bit overly complicated, and I think we are going to get a lot of moans about this. However, I still think this is a good addition in terms of improving the game. I think SM might need to start saying - when we make the part exchange offers - how much our players are worth to the other team, otherwise it just seems like we are flying blind unless we are told more about what is important to the unmanaged teams. You would think people could work this out with time, but we all know that just won't happen. :D

I have been away for a while, and am curious as to whether SM raised this for discussion anywhere with anyone in the forum community, prior to implementing it...?