Sign in to follow this  
timyunglau

the next top defnders?

Re: the next top defnders?

Hummels, Varane, Alaba, Nastasic, Jones, De Sciglio, Digne.

These guys are the very top bracket of young defenders in my opinion, they all have the raw talent to be amongst the worlds best defenders in years to come!

there are only ever a one time a handful of defenders hitting 95/96

that's a big list growing lol...

Agreed, I currently would only expect Alaba, Varane and Marquinhos to reach 95. Alaba at 21 is already an important player in the worlds best team. Varane at 20 is a starter in Spain's most successful side, both have competed at the top level of club football and performed well.

The only thing that will hold Alaba back is that he plays for a weaker national team, whereas Varane is part of a very exciting French generation.

Marquinhos has had a great season in a troubled Roma side, at his age that could have set him back but he put in consistent mature performances. Joining PSG puts him in a team of superstars that look set to dominate Ligue 1, alongside this I feel PSG will be increasingly competitive in the Champions League, alongside T.Silva he has the chance to play and learn from the current best CB in the world, which for me is a recipe for success.

Nastasic is an incredible player and part of a City team that could dominate the PL for many years, but I don't watch him enough to speculate fully, but judging by his place in the team and what I've read on him I'd predict 93.

De Sciglio is fantastic and a great prospect for Milan and Italy, his inclusion in the Italian NT is however in part due to a lack of great Italian left backs at the moment. Not however to detract from his ability, which is undeniable. He has the advantage of being in a young Milan team, a few seasons to develop and establish himself for club and country will make it easier to predict his long term future, for now based on his club, national team and performances I could see him hit 93.

Hummels has admitted last season was not his best, and the BVB defence as a whole looked shaky at times. However a great season combined with some BVB success should tip him into the 94 rating, I wouldn't see him going above that however.

Jetro - I stopped watching Jetro after the Euros where he was one of the worst players, since then he's matured and developed. A dutch friend of mine who watches him a lot doesn't rate him that highly however. I suspect his future rating would depend on his next club and how he fares in the NT setup. 90 probably.

Carvajal - Absolute class for Bayer, now back at Real and vying for the RB slot. Honestly i'd expect him to have no issue in taking it away from Arbeloa and as long as he can keep his Bayer form, with his ability combined with Real's status I'd put him around 93/94 in the future.

Montoya - U21 choice over Carvajal, playing for the other Spanish giant, while perhaps not on the same level as some of the players mentioned here he is set to be Barcelona's next right back, which will afford him at least a 93 rating in the future as long as he puts in solid performances and Barca don't suddenly crumble!

Agreed' date=' I currently would only expect Alaba, Varane and Marquinhos to reach 95. Alaba at 21 is already an important player in the worlds best team. Varane at 20 is a starter in Spain's most successful side, both have competed at the top level of club football and performed well.

The only thing that will hold Alaba back is that he plays for a weaker national team, whereas Varane is part of a very exciting French generation.

Marquinhos has had a great season in a troubled Roma side, at his age that could have set him back but he put in consistent mature performances. Joining PSG puts him in a team of superstars that look set to dominate Ligue 1, alongside this I feel PSG will be increasingly competitive in the Champions League, alongside T.Silva he has the chance to play and learn from the current best CB in the world, which for me is a recipe for success.

Nastasic is an incredible player and part of a City team that could dominate the PL for many years, but I don't watch him enough to speculate fully, but judging by his place in the team and what I've read on him I'd predict 93.

De Sciglio is fantastic and a great prospect for Milan and Italy, his inclusion in the Italian NT is however in part due to a lack of great Italian left backs at the moment. Not however to detract from his ability, which is undeniable. He has the advantage of being in a young Milan team, a few seasons to develop and establish himself for club and country will make it easier to predict his long term future, for now based on his club, national team and performances I could see him hit 93.

Hummels has admitted last season was not his best, and the BVB defence as a whole looked shaky at times. However a great season combined with some BVB success should tip him into the 94 rating, I wouldn't see him going above that however.

Jetro - I stopped watching Jetro after the Euros where he was one of the worst players, since then he's matured and developed. A dutch friend of mine who watches him a lot doesn't rate him that highly however. I suspect his future rating would depend on his next club and how he fares in the NT setup. 90 probably.

Carvajal - Absolute class for Bayer, now back at Real and vying for the RB slot. Honestly i'd expect him to have no issue in taking it away from Arbeloa and as long as he can keep his Bayer form, with his ability combined with Real's status I'd put him around 93/94 in the future.

Montoya - U21 choice over Carvajal, playing for the other Spanish giant, while perhaps not on the same level as some of the players mentioned here he is set to be Barcelona's next right back, which will afford him at least a 93 rating in the future as long as he puts in solid performances and Barca don't suddenly crumble![/quote']

Carvajal, Montoya and Jetro are good but reaching 95/96 as a full back is a really really hard thing to do, they would have to level with Lahm who only just got 95 after winning the champions league. I would say this for De Sciglio too but the kid is so talented, I honestly believe he can do it if things go well for him.

Besides Digne is better than Jetro anyway... ;)