Licensed to Spend

LegendaryLemon

Legendary Lemon and Prokeeno present...

Licensed to Spend

Intro:

Roll up, roll up ladies and jellybeans and allow Prokeeno and myself to bring to you this new ground breaking setup. After months of planning, presenting ideas and preparation, we can finally reveal to you Licensed to Spend. Licensed to Spend features two divisions of the worlds most financially healthy clubs, and combines them with some twists and turns that will change the way you run your club.

Overview:

Licensed to Spend pits two divisions of 16 teams made up of the worlds richest teams against each other. The first 20 teams will be those of the 2013 Forbes' list of the most valuable football clubs. The remaining 12 will be those that have also proven their financial power of the last few years, ie; Paris Saint-Germain, Monaco, Zenit and the list goes on. The first feature that this then introduces is one of the most defining ones, which is all clubs start with 0 players. Each club is then given around 150m (TBD). However, while this seems all fun and games, you must build your squad around some certain rules. The first of which is you must have at least 6 players belonging to the nationality of the club. The next is you may only have a maximum of 16 foreign players in your first team (these numbers are also still under consideration). That may seem pretty restrictive but their is more to come. In season 1 you may only sign up to 11 under 21 players (youth teamers) but you'll see why that is later. These u-21 players cannot be rated higher than 85. Yes, that means no Neymar for you.. or does it? These squad rules, are not only in place to maintain the balance and avoid player hogging in the game world, but also allow for the cash only transfers rule to take place. Here come the groans, or perhaps the tears of joy? After some thought and consideration it was decided since the theme being on rich teams, it would make sense for cash only deals. The squad rules in place will help cash deals thrive more so than some people may think. Defiantly a lot of things going on already, but there's still more to come...

The Draft:

Probably the most exciting feature in LtS, comes in the form of 'The Draft'. This new feature yet to be seen in any game world yet created will make the above squad restrictions seem much more reasonable and may just be what convinces you to sign up! Now, at the end of the season depending on final league positioning, each team/manager will receive a draft pick. This draft pick entitles you to an under 21 player with no rating boundaries (60-99), and no one else is allowed to try and compete for his signature. Aha! So you can get Neymar after all:p Well, not necessarily. In order to make sure that no one takes another's draft pick, then an order will need to be assigned to the picks. So, last place in Div 2 gets first pick, last place in Div 1 gets 2nd pick, 2nd last in div 2 gets third pick and so on. This will also mean the size of your youth team will increase by one every time you use your draft pick. Each team will only be allowed one draft pick per season. To not over complicate and rush things, there will not be a draft straight up and the first will wait until the beginning of season 2. Now I know there is that one guy reading this right now that is feeling cheeky, and will purposely come last in order to get first draft pick. Well guess what buddy, last place gets sacked!(UPDATE: After serious consideration and taking into account opinions of other managers, last place will no longer be sacked.) This is in order to make sure tanking doesn't come into play (tanking = purposely coming last to get first draft pick season after season.) Any sacked manager won't necessarily be banished from the game world, but will be unable to retake control of the club that sacked them. (This may be subject to change depending on whether all involved are reliable or not.) Any finer details will be released at a closer date to the draft itself, but feel free to ask any questions.

Under 23 Cup:

Count yourselves lucky guys as the one and only Prokeeno has agreed to join me and take on the responsibility of running the under 23 cup. If any of those who were in The REAL World Championships then you will know what a success it was. Also for those who briefly had a taste of the forum cup in GC 333 will understand the basic outline of how this will work. To put it simply it is a champions league alike friendly run competition, and as the name suggests, for under 23 players. More will be released on this later, but if you've any queries or concerns feel free to post, or personally ask myself or Prokeeno.

The Teams:

Division 1

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Barcelona

Arsenal

Bayern Munchen

AC Milan

Chelsea

Juventus

Manchester City

Liverpool

Tottenham Hotspur

Schalke

Borussia Dortmund

Internazionale

Lyon

Corinthians

Division 2

Napoli

Hamburg SV

Marseille

Newcastle United

Roma

Valencia

Paris Saint-Germain

Monaco

Zenit

Guangzhou Evergrande

Galatasaray

Celtic

Santos

Ajax

LA Galaxy

FC Porto

The Video Draw:

To determine what manager gets what team, the use of the video draw will be used. Names will be pulled out of a bowl/hat and assigned a team, to give for a completely random and fair selection of sides. This feature debuted in The High Rollers League, and has gone onto had great success throughout other custom game worlds as well. More on this later.

All in one:

-2 divisions of 16 teams

-Minimum of 6 players with the same nationality as the club

-Maximum of 16 foreign players in the first team

-Maximum youth team size of 11 in season one

-No youth players allowed to be rated higher than 85 in season one

-Economy Level: Normal

-Player Concerns: On

-SMFA Monitoring Transfers: Off

-No Buying from unmannaged clubs: On

-No buying from external clubs: Off

-Transfer Window: On

-Must log in every 14 days

-Club Starting balance: 250m

-Club Squads: Empty

-The Draft (see above)

-U 23 Cup (see above)

-Video Draw (see above)

-3000 credit prize for winning division 1

So, is this the setup for you? If so, then tell us NOW!

Selected Managers

1. LegendaryLemon

2. Prokeeno

3. olivier 1

4. Cam Lucas

5. Noisy

6. Dom Latouche

7. Closer

8. .CFC

9. Nick Justice

10. steauaseka

11. Gozzy

12. RPR

13. VatreniUnited

14. Ghora

15. Gorbash

16. jkerrs

17. jamie_blooobird

18. Pinkman

19. Hazr

20. tonyba

21. iAwesome

22. JMagic93

23. Arfon

24. Danny Van Hecke

Shortlist

PuntingRed

ZlookVulk

Deco

Jorge Dias

Adempennington

dgormand

studupspurs

Bizness

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Licensed to Spend

a little interested but main problem.

if last is sacked, i would come second last, because if last is sacked ill get first dibs on Neymar as they cant use a draft pick. my opinion is dont sack last and have faith noone is lame enough to honestly tank. If compelling evidence is provided of TANKING, sack em

I'm interested' date=' just one remark: Guangzhou Evergrande and La Galaxy are difficult teams to buy 6 players of their nationality[/quote']

That is something I have been considering and it may be possible for these to change, but I would like to wait to see what others think first as well. One thing to keep in mind that the 6 players of the clubs nationality can be youth team players.

a little interested but main problem.

if last is sacked' date=' i would come second last, because if last is sacked ill get first dibs on Neymar as they cant use a draft pick. my opinion is dont sack last and have faith noone is lame enough to honestly tank. If compelling evidence is provided of TANKING, sack em[/quote']

Yea, it's a tricky one. The draft pick would still go to last place for the new manager.

I'm interested' date=' just one remark: Guangzhou Evergrande and La Galaxy are difficult teams to buy 6 players of their nationality[/quote']

Yeah gotta change that honestly imo saves having to get youth teamers even from china and U.S to a lesser.

Benfica should be 1 of the INS, and maybe Boca? or Anzhi?

Yeah o had but would have been good to have another russian.

could do Shaktar?

a belgian team would be cool but none of them are BIG

I'd take a Belgian team on :D

I think Shaktar is a likely candidate. Will be interested to see what others think and what are the most popular names.

Yeah sure :D

Welcome mate:)

Yeah' date=' count me in, but are you sure you can find so many reliable managers? These days even GWs with half teams are having problems..[/quote']

I'm confident it can be done. In the end though that's what is really going to make or break this game world.

There is only ONE belgian expert here :D

Club Brugge has a capacity of 29.997' date=' so it's not that small[/quote']

only said it casue i was keen, and seems everyone is (VIVA LA BELGIUM)

i think it makes most sense to be Shaktar and Benfica out of the teams youve omitted in terms of BIG clubs (although boca or a belgian side would be interesting)

only said it casue i was keen' date=' and seems everyone is (VIVA LA BELGIUM)

i think it makes most sense to be Shaktar and Benfica out of the teams youve omitted in terms of BIG clubs (although boca or a belgian side would be interesting)[/quote']

Do remember there is a random video draw so even if there is to be a Belgian team it would be far from certain any of us would get them:p

I do' date=' i do just thought it was funny.

P.S if you draw me as spurs i will quit.[/quote']

Nah you're getting spurs now:p

I do think we should reduce the teams from 30 till at least 24 if possible as if a few leave then we could face a real problem in terms of filling it back up again :)

That's another thing to consider, but it all depends on interest. Pro also wants a reasonably long season, of around 30 games plus to work the u-23 cup.

Archived