• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Licensed to Spend Division 1 - Preview

Re: Licensed to Spend DIVISION 2 PREVIEW Internazionale Defense: A Midfield: F Attack: C- Depth: U Key Players: Sergio Ramos, Edison Cavani, Thiago Silva Analysis: They have the best def

Legendary Lemon and Prokeeno present... Licensed to Spend Intro: Roll up, roll up ladies and jellybeans and allow Prokeeno and myself to bring to you this new ground breaking setup. After months of

Re: Licensed to Spend

By the way,32 teams??? I don't mean to let you down but with the current situation of forumer and custom setup member,it's just impossible. You may make it full when it begin but someone will quit when 2/3 games running and you can't recruit new managers as all players are TB'ed. Less member should do good but 32 teams is a big no for me

I'm interested in this' date=' but yes 32 seems huge unless you have many connection etc in case some people leave :D[/quote']

Yep and less teams mean the gap between top and bottom teams are also reduced considerably. That way we dont have to worry about Gunzhogau or other teams like it. Also its well proven that small gameworlds remain more nice and tidy. :)

BTW I think this GW is absolute quality with a refreshing idea. Stick me down. ;)

Cheers for the invite. :)

K guys, prokeeno here.....nice to see so much interested in the GW. Lemon asked me to help him out specifically because he liked the job i did with the U23 competition in the Real World Championship. Unfortunately that GW died after 4 seasons because the GW creator left, but the U23 actually kept it going.

I suggested 32 teams to to Lemon to make the season a bit longer for the U23 tournament to run. Also i noticed that a shortened season, had managers losing interest quickly especially after a few run of bad results and i think a shortened season only allows for one cup competition but if everyone would prefer less team than we'd have to work with it.

Maybe just a 1 division with 20 teams?

Anyways looking forward to working with you guys. I've gotten in ideas to try and make this GW a bit more unique than the rest. I think the fantasy style (0 players to start) and the cash only aspect is a breathe of fresh air. It also provides a level playing field and feels a bit more realistic as players rarely do go in part exchange deals in real life.

A next query is the manager in last place being sacked. Well i pitched that idea because i own a GW with that rule in place and it keeps the teams in the relegation scrap fighting for something and the managers kept very interested. Plus its been rather easy to replace the last place manager (but then again my GW is not a custom one)

The draft thing is perfect except that you kinda feel penalized for finishing first :( ..... so what i would suggest is that the draft is based on the U23 competition where the winner gets the number #1 pick, finals loser #2, semi finals #3 and 4 and the teams out at the quarter finals with battle for picks 5 through to 8....everybody else will basically be free to select a U23 after the draft is concluded......what you guys think about that?

ONE more things guys, that i didn't tell Lemon but at the end of each season we'll have an Awards ceremony where the managers will get to vote on various player and manager awards.

Categories

1. best manager of the season 2. worst manager of the season:p 3. best transfer of the season 4. worst transfer of the season ;) 5. player of the year, player of the year, flop of the year 6. most active manager 7. most improved team (1st season will be called most surprising team)

-----

To chuck my twopenneths worth in, this sounds like a very good idea. :)

I'm relatively non-plussed on how the Draft works, though will note that most 1st drafts IRL go to the 'weakest' side to help balance things up, and that may be quite a nice aspect. Personally, I'd rather win the league than get 1st draft pick.

Anyway, looking forward to this come what may.

-----

To chuck my twopenneths worth in' date=' this sounds like a very good idea. :)

I'm relatively non-plussed on how the Draft works, though will note that most 1st drafts IRL go to the 'weakest' side to help balance things up, and that may be quite a nice aspect. Personally, I'd rather win the league than get 1st draft pick.

Anyway, looking forward to this come what may.[/quote']

:D so your saying that you'd prefer the 20 teams 1 division and the draft pcik going to the last place team as opposed to the U23 champ?

I think it would be best to keep it at 2 divisions. However there are some possible ways to work around this whole too many teams and too short a season debate. All depending on how much interest we get, and what you all prefer there is an option to make a 10 team division have a 36 game long season. If it's 12 teams per division then the season would go for 22 games long but I think that may be too short for what Pro prefers. 14 per div and there's 26 games, and in the original plan of 16 teams per div it's 30 games a season. Just some numbers to think about.

As PuntingRed said, the draft is there to help gives those lower teams a boost, and winning the league you still get a draft pick anyway just last.

BTW I forgot to mention the award ceremony, seems like a great idea and just adds something more to the gameworld.

From what I think and remember in FFP,the teams were less but the matches were more.One team got to play another in I guess 3 or 4 times.I havent made a GW so an experienced person can tell you more about it.

Plus this sacking doesnt look great to me :o This is an amazing concept and it be heart breaking for anyone to leave it.what I think we should do is that sack the person with mutual consent of managers that if he wasnt online ingame and on forum he will be sacked but let him stay if he tried his best but the season was a debacle.

EDIT: I think the idea of awards is great as it will add some enjoyment to the GW in the off season.

So all in all lads Wellldone! but dont sack the last manager if he's fully in love with this GW.

I like the idea of sacking the last placed managers btw. Like it said in first post' date='it doesn't mean the sacked manager cannot return to GW if he love the GW. It just to keep the competition alive even when you can't win,so there are competition for everything[/quote']

If we are to implement this idea than I think the idea should be to replace the 2nd season sacked manager with the 1st season sacked manager in this way his return would be possible.

Hello i'd like to participate' date=' you can find me on SM as "Deco."[/quote']
I'm interested' date=' this league looks really promising. I added you in the game. :)[/quote']

added to the list guys but depending on the amount of interest and number of teams we decide to go with there is no 100% guarantee you will get in. This setup does require managers who are committed and reliable so if there is a much more renowned forumer there he will be chosen over you guys. Just because of the fact that there are many laws of the gameworld which can't be enforced by the game. Hope you guys understand this, but remember I'm not saying you're not in. All depends on what interest there is.

If we are to implement this idea than I think the idea should be to replace the 2nd season sacked manager with the 1st season sacked manager in this way his return would be possible.

If a manager is sacked and he would like to rejoin, he can just put his name down and if they are first in line then they can step back in once a vacancy opens up.