Sign in to follow this  
Alux

Ter-Stegen SM hyped or genuine quality

I have the chance to buy Ter Stegen, GK is by far my teams weakest position and I am only interested in a top young GK.

De Gea and Courtois are impossible to get, and there aren't many other young GK's that are high enough rated to get into my first team. Its a choice between Leno or him really.

The issue is the deal to get Ter Stegen will cost me a lot, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any real info on his quality, not just SM hype.

Re: Ter-Stegen SM hyped or genuine quality

I have the chance to buy Ter Stegen' date=' GK is by far my teams weakest position and I am only interested in a top young GK.

De Gea and Courtois are impossible to get, and there aren't many other young GK's that are high enough rated to get into my first team. Its a choice between Leno or him really.

The issue is the deal to get Ter Stegen will cost me a lot, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any real info on his quality, not just SM hype.[/quote']

never seen him in real life but i know he is thought of very highly in germany,you thought of looking at Ali Ahamada? oh and try and get Mattia Perin while your at it quality keep at a young age

never seen him in real life but i know he is thought of very highly in germany' date='you thought of looking at Ali Ahamada? oh and try and get Mattia Perin while your at it quality keep at a young age[/quote']

Already got Perin as my backup keeper but at 86 rated hes too low to start. Ahamada I know nothing about sadly.

A mix of both i say, certainly very hyped in SM but he's actually already very good for someone at his age. Still not perfect goalkeeper and makes silly mistake,etc but he'll fix it i assume when he's older. Certainly worth a buy

He is very good for his age. If he manages to stop making some silly mistakes he will become one of the world's top goalkeepers. I like him and have him and Koval as backups for Casillas.

You should grab him if he is available. He won't be for long.

Assuming that Leno and ter Stegen will stay at their clubs I would probably prefer Leno. His team plays CL and he is pretty much on the same level as ter Stegen - so he should rise faster. Both are good options for a 91 GK.

As we all know: A move to a big club could change everything (from rising to 94 to rotting on the bench).

OK I bought him' date=' thanks for your replies. If anyone has anything else to say please make it positive so I feel much better about my purchase.

:)[/quote']

he's my back up keeper, sold my two previous 91 back ups ages ago.

he maybe a little bit hyped, but reality is the boy has got some talent at the end of the day. if not so he wouldn't get to 89 rating so soon just on hype alone.

i just sold him thanks to concerns but to answer your question, its really a mixture of both.

I think there is absolutely no doubt that he has the talent. Sustaining the great form he showed 2 seasons ago was not really feasible. So he was a victim of his own high standards last season.

On the other hand, SM loves hyping youngsters so much that he probably affected as well.

Long-term, he has the potential to be at least a 93 GK. But will he get there? No one knows for sure because its all potential.