Marco Reus

jc2good

Re: Marco Reus

SM seem to be anti Reus' date=' Lewandowski and a lot of other players have risen but players like Reus n Schmelzer still not risen....even though they played a Champions league final.

Bewildering, like a lot of SM recently!!!!![/quote']

I think it's just they haven't gottne to them yet. They have been doing many teams from the Bundesliga in the past days and Today did Subotic so I expect Reus to get his much deserved rise in the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

He is better than Lewandowski.....He minium deserve 93

It's unfair to compare Reus and Lewa. For starters, yes, I believe the German's rating should rise. But Lewa is a "box player". He doesn't move to the right or left of the attack very often, he's a striker by nature and a fantastic one IMO.

Reus can pretty much play any position, both in midfield and in the attack. These 2 BVB players have notoriously different characteristics: Reus is quicker and a better set piece taker than Lewa. The Polish player is a better finisher and his aerial play is superior to Reus's.

I'm a big fan of both and, from my point of view, it's hard and unwise to guarantee one is better than the other.

Regards:)

It's unfair to compare Reus and Lewa. For starters' date=' yes, I believe the German's rating should rise. But Lewa is a "box player". He doesn't move to the right or left of the attack very often, he's a striker by nature and a fantastic one IMO.

Reus can pretty much play any position, both in midfield and in the attack. These 2 BVB players have notoriously different characteristics: Reus is quicker and a better set piece taker than Lewa. The Polish player is a better finisher and his aerial play is superior to Reus's.

I'm a big fan of both and, from my point of view, it's hard and unwise to guarantee one is better than the other.

Regards:)[/quote']

No,Lewa isn't a better finisher.Since the 4 goals against Madrid he's been absolutely awful and he missed some easy taps in.He's a good striker,not a fantastic one.Think everybody tends to overrate him since last season,fair enough he had a great one.Think everybody is better then Reus in the air?Reus himself said that he absolutely hates to hit the ball with the head but thats a part of his game which he's trying to improve.Think that's the only thing which Lewa has above Reus,in rest Marco is a much better all-around player.

Yes,you can compare them?In terms of talent,consistency,importance for the team and so on Reus is simply much better.

No' date='Lewa isn't a better finisher.Since the 4 goals against Madrid he's been absolutely awful and he missed some easy taps in.He's a good striker,not a fantastic one.Think everybody tends to overrate him since last season,fair enough he had a great one.Think everybody is better then Reus in the air?Reus himself said that he absolutely hates to hit the ball with the head but thats a part of his game which he's trying to improve.Think that's the only thing which Lewa has above Reus,in rest Marco is a much better all-around player.

Yes,you can compare them?In terms of talent,consistency,importance for the team and so on Reus is simply much better.[/quote']

I'm not assessing Lewa's quality from last season: he has consistently been one of the Bundesliga's topscorers, for some years. Every player passes through more unproductive phases.

Come on man, I'm not criticising Reus, when I say Lewa is better, in terms of aerial play: I was just showing the 2 players' different characteristics. IMO Lewa has "the obligation" of being better than Reus in aerial play, because he's a pure number 9, unlike the German player.

BTW I'm a huge fan of Marco Reus. I've admired him, since he was on B. Monchengladbach.

Regards:)

I have to agree with Pedro........ they are very different types of player.

Lewa is an out & out centre forward, and has to be compared to the likes of Benzema, Cavani, Falcoa & Ibrahamovic, where as, Reus is a farther ranging forward, and is comparable to the likes of Muller, Gotze, Ronaldo & Messi.

It seems to me that the rating system is designed to reflect the overall ratings of the teams they play for, as well as their indivdual abilities, and although BvB had a great season last year, they cannot be considered to be as good as Barca, Bayern & Real just yet. I would therefore suggest that both Lewa & Reus be rated 93.

As a side note...... i think Cavani & Falcoa should only be 93 also.