Battle for the Ashes

Huddo

Hi All,

I am looking to create a new gameworld that will pit Australian football against English football and it will be known as the Battle for the Ashes!

Battle for the Ashes

10 English and 10 Aussie teams as close in value, players, average rating I could find split up as 2 divisions with 5 English and 5 Aussie in each division to start off on an even playing field.

Low economy say 20 mil to keep things interesting and so you can't afford big name players to bolster team.

No buying from unmanaged teams.

2 transfer windows - 1 early then 1 mid season.

No SMFA monitoring transfers.

18 game season I am thinking keeping the season short and sweet.

And here is the key to keeping Ashes spirit alive. A limit on number of foreign players so non-British and non-Aussie and Kiwi only 5 foreign players.

Given Aussie league has a Kiwi team for Aussie leagues then Kiwis don't count as foreign players. To keep it fair for English teams British is ok so Irish, Scottish, Welsh don't count as foreign.

Now for the teams the Aussie is easy as only 10 Aussie teams so Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, central coast, Newcastle, Wellington, Melbourne Victory, Brisbane, Melbourne Heart and West Sydney.

Now for English teams I think Brentford, Colchester, Preston North End, Coventry, Bradford, Sheffield united, Milton Keynes dons, Colchester, Notts County and Oldham are the closest match to keep it even.

Winning Div 1 or Div 2 earns a point so that way we can keep a tally on who wins the Ashes over a number of seasons!

Relegation and promotion between divisions so 3 up and 3 down. Keep it interesting between divisions.

I am looking for 19 committed managers to join :)

If you want to add me as a friend then click the link to my profile:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=1759591

Current Managers

• King get the hint?
  • Chris Clarke
  • Keith C
  • Andy Dyer
  • David Moyes
  • Robert Swift
  • Simon Houston
  • Jack Smith
  • Villain McMillan
  • ZlookVulk
  • Charlie Cat
  • Stipe Jurevic
  • Daniel Reid
  • Myself
  • Badin19
  • Max Power
  • Yatterman-1
  • Dale Bowerz

Re: Battle for the Ashes

Hi All' date='[/size']

I am looking to create a new gameworld that will pit Australian football against English football and it will be known as the Battle for the Ashes!

Battle for the Ashes

10 English and 10 Aussie teams as close in value, players, average rating I could find split up as 2 divisions with 5 English and 5 Aussie in each division to start off on an even playing field.

Low economy say 20 mil to keep things interesting and so you can't afford big name players to bolster team.

No buying from unmanaged teams.

2 transfer windows - 1 early then 1 mid season.

No SMFA monitoring transfers.

18 game season I am thinking keeping the season short and sweet.

And here is the key to keeping Ashes spirit alive. A limit on number of foreign players so non-British and non-Aussie and Kiwi only 5 foreign players.

Given Aussie league has a Kiwi team for Aussie leagues then Kiwis don't count as foreign players. To keep it fair for English teams British is ok so Irish, Scottish, Welsh don't count as foreign.

Now for the teams the Aussie is easy as only 10 Aussie teams so Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, central coast, Newcastle, Wellington, Melbourne Victory, Brisbane, Melbourne Heart and West Sydney.

Now for English teams I think Brentford, Colchester, Preston North End, Coventry, Bradford, Sheffield united, Milton Keynes dons, Colchester, Notts County and Oldham are the closest match to keep it even.

Winning Div 1 or Div 2 earns a point so that way we can keep a tally on who wins the Ashes over a number of seasons!

Relegation and promotion between divisions so 3 up and 3 down. Keep it interesting between divisions.

I am looking for 19 committed managers to join :)

If you want to add me as a friend then click the link to my profile:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=1759591

Current Managers

• King get the hint?
  • Chris Clarke
  • Keith C
  • Andy Dyer
  • David Moyes
  • Robert Swift
  • Simon Houston
  • Jack Smith
  • Villain McMillan
  • ZlookVulk
  • Charlie Cat
  • Stipe Jurevic
  • Daniel Reid
  • Myself
  • Badin19
  • Max Power
  • Yatterman-1
  • Dale Bowerz

I had some feedback that the lack of Aussie and Kiwi players is less than British so thinking of allowing Asian players as not being counted as foreign players for Australian teams. Let me know if anyone has concerns with this :)

I had some feedback that the lack of Aussie and Kiwi players is less than British so thinking of allowing Asian players as not being counted as foreign players for Australian teams. Let me know if anyone has concerns with this :)

make non europeon, and nonamerican players. So we get Russian, Asian, and African players :)

well well well ' date=' I realized I got offered Sydney [Aussie'] B) its not very unfair after all ;):D

I just wanted to know when I can start the action ?? [buying-selling..etc]

also what are the final rules concerning foreigners ?

I think it's fair that Aussie teams can buy players from South America and Asia given the talent is deeper in England.

I hope you can enjoy this gw.

As for buying / selling I would prefer to wait 24 hours for most managers to join. At the moment half have joined.