Jerome Boateng

darshan j.

A player with dual German-Ghana nationality, Boateng is central defender[1]. He has a powerful physique and is versatile enough to play any full back position. He started his career with the youth team of Tennis Borussia Berlin and currently plays for Hamburger SV.

Boateng was with Hertha Berlin from July 1, 2002 when he was 13 years old, to 22 August 2007. After emerging from the youth team set-up, he played for the reserves for one season, before winning a call-up to the first team squad on 31 January 2007. He made his debut against Hannover 96 in the AWD-Arena, during week 19[2] of the 2006-07 Bundesliga season. He then became a first team regular, despite being barely 18 years of age.

Boateng has played several times for the German Under 16, Under 17 and Under 19 national teams. On 5 July 2007 he was called up to the the German under-19 squad by coach Frank Engel[3] for the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship held in Austria, from July 16 until July 27.[4]

Boateng was linked with a move to Hamburger SV in the summer of 2007.[5] Because of this, according to the German media, Boateng did not want to sign a five year professional contract with Hertha,[6][7] nor extend his amateur contract, as he wanted his salary to be increased from €100k to €1 million per year. He moved to Hamburg on 22 August 2007 for a fee said to be around €1.1M[8].

Impressed? No?

6 starts this season, and has been a real revelation while Kompany is out through suspension and I have a feeling if he keeps up the good form he may well continue even while Kompany is back.

van der Vaart may be the one catching the headlines with his sensational form, but at only 19 years old, and a rather low rating of 83 and a value of around 3.7mil, he could be a super signing. Please Please please buy him, you WILL gain a healthy profit.

I want reps for this :)

As for where me might go in terms of ratings, Mathijsen is rated 90, Kompany=90, Atouba is 87, so is Reinhardt, etc. so Id expect him to move to at least an 87 next round too, which means his general value could almost double (6.3mil).

Once again, if you have around 4-5mil to spare, BUY HIM.

Re: Jerome Boateng

he's a good prospect, been mentioned a few times. Made his U21 debut for Germany today. He's got the skills and athleticism to be a full international someday. Only downside about him is that he's rumored to have bad attitute much like his brother Kevin-Prince.

He'll rise a few points for sure next time. I would put him to 86 though since he hasn't played all that many games and then add some points during subsequent changes.

• 1 month later...

Re: Jerome Boateng

He is a strong player but i prefer his brother Kevin Prinz he's also very talented.

Kevin Prince has potential. I couldn't see him rising higher than his current 87 while Martin Jol was in charge at Spurs cos he NEVER played him.

But Ramos seems to be keen on him giving him 1 start in the premiership and a few inclusions on the bench. he's also had a couple of appearances in the UEFA cup under Ramos. If he gets more games and a goal or two he may go up to 88

Ridiculous celebratory dance though. See