maximum players and wage cap

Re: maximum players and wage cap

I know how you feel, i am manager of swansea, when i took over in the gameworld they were a club just promoted to division 2, i couldnt afford any big players but in my 1st season with them took them to promotion to top flight and now regular in Europe. It is frustrating in not being able to buy the top top players i rely heavily on my football knowledge, and in my squad i have players i bought when they were rated mid too late 70s, who are now regular in my squad, 87+. A wage cap would be good but i believe that for more realism perhaps a 25 player cap would be more appropriate.

the current system is fine as it is. the only people who moan bout this are people who join leagues and expect to buy anybody they like. if you want this type of game go play football manager.

i dont blame managers who have established themselves as a mainstay in a gameworld for building up a collection of players to use as they wish to keep for the future to replace current stars. things get competitive a few seasons in. becomes near impossible buying current stars so you need to build up a good repertoire of future stars to use as bargaining tools. why should they sell these to new managers who may only last 2 games after they spend a clubs money

cap of 25, are you kidding. in gold worlds you can expect to play 4/5 games in a week at times. sometimes a load of injuries to contend with. seing as your expected to put 18 players in a squad before a game i do not see how this would work

everything said should of course be optional in custom worlds but standard worlds i see fine as they are

the current system is fine as it is. the only people who moan bout this are people who join leagues and expect to buy anybody they like. if you want this type of game go play football manager.

i dont blame managers who have established themselves as a mainstay in a gameworld for building up a collection of players to use as they wish to keep for the future to replace current stars. things get competitive a few seasons in. becomes near impossible buying current stars so you need to build up a good repertoire of future stars to use as bargaining tools. why should they sell these to new managers who may only last 2 games after they spend a clubs money

cap of 25' date=' are you kidding. in gold worlds you can expect to play 4/5 games in a week at times. sometimes a load of injuries to contend with. seing as your expected to put 18 players in a squad before a game i do not see how this would work

everything said should of course be optional in custom worlds but standard worlds i see fine as they are[/quote']

This debate has raged for 7 years since SM started, if people are not willing to spend extensive time going back into old discussions and coming to logical conclusions based on changes that have been made in recent times & continue to only see other peoples sqauds and complain it's not worth my or anyone elses time in arguing for such drastic measures.

It doesn't even matter if you have the best 100 players in your squad, because like me you still lose to unmanged 88 rated sides easily & anyone who has a team full of 88's can actually compete.

Experienced & more dedicated managers like myself can make the best of a bad situation and hope not to fail as much on a match to match basis but the problim is for alot of people less experienced and less devoted is that it grinds their gears more frequently which causes them to leave gameworlds/SM

It's unfortunate that the developers "don't/& IMO can't see" some very simple and basic erros of the game as it is like some of the hardened and more knowledgeable players of the game, This game was always community driven in its early years especially with great influence from the more active managers, since it's got bigger the opinions of those same managers have fallen on deaf ears moreoften.

Anyway why anyone would make a new thread like this is completly beyond me when you can go into almost any gameworld on SM (Especially Golds) & within 1 month sign players with ratings of 89/92+ for cash of unmanaged, recently i added dzeko for cash, yeasterday silva for cash and today hiquien for cash, other managers have beaten me to players like cavani etc.. so basically people crying about squad cap really IMO ARE OUT OF TOUCH.

cap of 25' date=' are you kidding. in gold worlds you can expect to play 4/5 games in a week at times. sometimes a load of injuries to contend with. seing as your expected to put 18 players in a squad before a game i do not see how this would work

everything said should of course be optional in custom worlds but standard worlds i see fine as they are[/quote']

I agree with this statement as I have built my team up over a number of seasons to now have some of the best players in the game and some youth players which I bought when they were lower rated and are now some of the best young players on the game e.g. umtiti when he was 80, eriksen when he was an 84, el shaarawy and plenty of others. now there are plenty of managers that join the game world and offer some of the worst deals ive seen for some of my best players, and then when I reject them, they throw their dummy out of the pram and leave the game world. And your right because no team could have a 25 player cap with injuries and suspensions in the game and some teams playing up to 4 games a week.