penjurov

New view of the website

New view of the website  

1. 1.

• is an improvement
    • is effectively just the same to me
    • is a detrimental change to the game

Re: New view of the website

Hi, please can we go back to the old layout.

It's like people messing around with Match Of The Day. We don't care how it looks as long as we see lots of football and all the goals etc.

Please, work on the match engine and revert to the old ratings system.

Get rid of random ratings changes and go back to league-by-league structured systematic ratings changes - do the German league... then the Italian league... then the Spanish league... get some routine back into it. People judge risers and plan ahead using this. The randomness does not help.

Leave the clubs on the home page - I don't want to have to click lots of buttons to get to my team pages.

We appreciate the need for you to "keep the site up to date" and all the likes and that making changes like this are easy and relatively quick to do compared to match engine/other changes but these are not really what needs to be done.

It's like you've removed every line from the website and tried to make it as blank as possible while keeping all the same information there.

I know it's minor, but please, stop changing things.

Congratulations SM. After several unsuccessful attempts at destroying the game by graphics alone you've finally managed it. Good job.

Seriously: I want to go to my clubs when I log in. I'm here to play a footie game, not to 'socialize'. I don't want 'updates' on what I've done on my opening page - I'm perfectly aware that I left Coventry, I did it myself after all.

Get rid of the empty club spaces. They're annoying and make the place look untidy. And please for the love of everything sacred: drop the idiotic 'side-by-side' presentation, both for the clubs and for the news feed. Again it's untidy, and it apprently requires smaller fonts, making it difficult to read.

Honestly people, get your priorities straight, and if you absolutely have to make changes, do them right. This one is 100% fail!

Very disappointing. God knows why they have the need to have major layout changes every couple months. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

When people log in they want to be able to access their clubs instantly. Now I see who befriended whom and which gameworlds they entered. I couldn't give a toss.

Why would you remove the most important feature (THE CLUBS!!) from the main page. This is a gaming website, not a social media website.

I don't get it. I really don't. It's a sad affair.

I am sure they dont ' date=' other wise why would they realese something like this ? They mostly relay on the feedback(that's not all so bad) , but graphics are last of their problems , soccerwiki , game engine and league updates are their major flaws .[/quote']
Oh goody' date=' the chief developer's 7yr old has been allowed to play with 'Daddy's big computer' again.

SM, seriously guys if you are reading stop messing about the edges and sort the true problems within the game - match engine, SW/ratings, punitive finances, etc.

[b']I don't know any other business so utterly hell-bent on irritating its customers like this one[/b]...

I didn't realise it was a design change' date=' I just thought I'd failed to load the website properly... It looks broken now, like half of it's missing. How hideous. They change this on a monthly basis and just make it worse and worse and worse. They're really trying the patience of their users, and it's running very thin for most people.

Seems they've removed the post times from messages in the newsfeed? Why...?[/quote']

Dear SM' date='

If I wanted to post a status I'd post it on Facebook not on a gaming website.

Hyina[/quote']

did someone steal all the colours off the create palette?

why is everything white?

gotta be honest i thought the site was playing up again and hadn't loaded properly' date=' and i see from other posts i wasn't the only one, the newsfeed is now hurendous to try and read, side by side messages with no real time line, i only manage 3 clubs to keep my homepage tidy, why have i now got the 28 add club boxes on their? looks as messy as a tramp

i know they aren't going to rectify it but this i have to say the the most god awful this site has ever looked and thats coming from someone whos been knocking around on here for 5+ years

100% lost a paying customer here

[/b']

Congratulations SM. After several unsuccessful attempts at destroying the game by graphics alone you've finally managed it. Good job.

Seriously: I want to go to my clubs when I log in. I'm here to play a footie game' date=' not to 'socialize'. I don't want 'updates' on what I've done on my opening page - I'm perfectly aware that I left Coventry, I did it myself after all.

Get rid of the empty club spaces. They're annoying and make the place look untidy. And please for the love of everything sacred: drop the idiotic 'side-by-side' presentation, both for the clubs and for the news feed. Again it's untidy, and it apprently requires smaller fonts, making it difficult to read.

Honestly people, get your priorities straight, and if you absolutely have to make changes, do them right. This one is 100% fail![/quote']

Very disappointing. God knows why they have the need to have major layout changes every couple months. If it ain't broken' date=' don't fix it.

When people log in they want to be able to access their clubs instantly. Now I see who befriended whom and which gameworlds they entered. I couldn't give a toss.

Why would you remove the most important feature (THE CLUBS!!) from the main page. This is a gaming website, not a social media website.

I don't get it. I really don't. It's a sad affair.[/quote']

Agree with absolutely everything said here.

Best and most truthful statement as to be.... I don't know any other business so utterly hell-bent on irritating its customers like this one....1 billion percent agree.

Dont know how much patience I have left for this baboon run game :mad::mad::mad:

Guest drseanfitz

On a very slight plus side' date=' this CONNECT GAME WORLDS feature looks interesting . It will be good to play all my friends teams from other game worlds.[/quote']

totally agree with this, does look very promising.

regarding the layout, it doesn't bother me either way. not got the feelings of revulsion that others have, but can't really see it as an improvement.

Why is it so white? In one of the past UI changes, people gave feedback saying that the white calendar was realy difficult to read and understand, so they made it black. Now it's white again. The news feed now has two columns, which defeats the object of things being in chronological order.

Also last UI change SM made the home screen default to the news feed. People objected, so gave an option to default to clubs. Now they've taken that away.

Stop fiddling with trivial things!!

Flaming awful. Already peeved about cheats in my gameworld that don't get sorted, the rating system is all over the place, then they take away the option to see how long since a player logged in and now my screen looks like a frikin white board arghhh i am snow blind!

Comeon SM Devs have you got crazy? You guys already changed this kind of layout when we flooded the forum with our complains & now you are back with the same facebook kind of layout? For god sake this is a gaming site not a social networking site. Why is SM turning into FB I can't get it. You have too many problems to sort out but you are doing nothing than adding some more idiotic changes like this.

Too many Gold championships & GWs, no proper rating changes, no improvement in match engine, high prices of upgrades, can't see the manager login period & now this.....

Comeon Vicky & Pete, what is this happening here? Answer us!

If SM tried to copy Windows 8 and Outlook based on their design we shall let them know that they're both failed versions based on user feedback that they got because they both failed to get the attraction of the users, so did SM with this new release.

If you can't get the attraction of the users and you do not implement their feedback why you should still be online?

Every website is based upon user activity and their feedback directed to the site, if you cannot manage this then why you don't put SM offline and play the game on you own, bunch of kids who love steal money from people instead of bringing valuable things in this game i.e improving match engine.?

This what you did is just a rubbish and failed cosmetic version with which you made more and more complicated the way managers (users) browse through the site.

SM Devs should read these feedbacks and approve the comments made from the managers that play SM.

I also suggest you put a question post on your FB Page asking members if they Like or Not this new design.

P.S. Last online feature shall be back

FYI.: 100% Lost costumer when my GM ends.

The worst change is the news feed, call me mental but I like to see my news in some sort of chronological order, say newest at the top.

But now its side by side, which is just retarded.

Do you literally want us to all stop playing is that it?

WILL 100% NOT BE RENEWING MY GOLD MANAGMENT IN 3 DAYS TIME

As I suspected it looks even worse in the evenings on artificial light....I used to stay for 1-2 hours in the evening in the game to see what's new in my GW, to found some new players, to play the game. Now it's gonna be impossible unless I wanna go blind for couple of weeks.

Well done SM! You made playing the game for your customers impossible, how clever!

I work in change management and I've been disappointed for a number of years with how SM make changes...

Here are some of the issues I have with the latest layout changes:-

1. Poor approach to testing. The layout appears OK in Google Chrome but is buggy is IE. How on earth was this allowed to go live? this indicates poor UAT and/or Operational Readiness testing.

2. Non existent communication. If you're going to change something tell your customers/users why you're making the change and what the benefits are...This NEVER happens on SM.

3. Priority/Resource Management. I get the impression SM is not a big company with a huge team of developers, so they need a strong way of prioritising what development should be completed. Constant changes to the UI seems like a poor return on investment when the customers have been saying for a number of years that there are more important things to develop.

4. UI design. The way SM layout the screens is not intuitive. Even someone who understands the very basics of User interface design can tell you about eye movement and what is a natural way to view a web page, going from left to right (as in the new news feed) rather than top to bottom is not natural.

I always loved how receptive Devs are when it comes to payment issues' date=' but when it come to this type of issues they are no where to be found ;)[/quote']

Yep, it's brilliant, not that it tells us anything we don't know. That they don't trial designs or notify users is testament enough to the fact that they don't care about the users.

Once in the game world' date=' it would be better to have a coherent interface of one left column for Club Messages and one right column for Game World messages.[/b']

Yes, this would be a lot better. Especially when scrolling down with the mouse it's the Club Message window that scrolls, and to get to the Game World News you have to put the pointer aside and then scroll down:

Very unconvenient