Football Manager 2014

Re: Football Manager 2014

Same' date=' I am waiting a little mainly because of Exams

:P and also I want to read a few reviews. Hopefully my PC can handle this version.

Anyone know the specs?[/color']

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core AMD, Athlon. Windows XP: 1.6GHz+, Windows Vista/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100: 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core AMD, Athlon. Windows XP: 1.6GHz+, Windows Vista/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100: 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space[/quote']

So I do have enough, but probably guna be slow

What's the general opinion of the game? Have the money put aside to buy it but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. If I do get it, it'll be put to use as I'm on the laptop for the majority of days when I'm finished college and the assignments that come with it so in terms of value for the time played, it'll be there. Just want to know if it's any good because I'll just get 13 if it's not any better.

What's the general opinion of the game? Have the money put aside to buy it but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. If I do get it' date=' it'll be put to use as I'm on the laptop for the majority of days when I'm finished college and the assignments that come with it so in terms of value for the time played, it'll be there. Just want to know if it's any good because I'll just get 13 if it's not any better.[/quote']

To be honest mate apart from players being at the new clubs and the models of the 3d pitch/players there really isn't much a difference however i would say it's harder to win in the lower leagues than last seasons game.

What's the general opinion of the game? Have the money put aside to buy it but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. If I do get it' date=' it'll be put to use as I'm on the laptop for the majority of days when I'm finished college and the assignments that come with it so in terms of value for the time played, it'll be there. Just want to know if it's any good because I'll just get 13 if it's not any better.[/quote']

It's worth it jsut for the interface upgrades. Everything is so much less annoying and somuch more streamlined. I love it

Also... look at this start to the season. No real transfers in and Behrami out

http://i.imgur.com/vVvH6ai.png

Needing help installing Logos and kits' date=' which folder must i put them in? I put them in graphics/kits and they dont show up ingame[/color']

Have you reset your skin cache in the Preferences? Other than that I haven't got a clue, mine are in the same folder as yours and they're fine.

I need a team to start off with any suggestions' date=' not after a lower league but not a accomplished side either?[/quote']

Maybe try the russian league Rubin Kazan or Lokmotiv. Maybe Serie A Bologna or Cagliari?

Have you reset your skin cache in the Preferences? Other than that I haven't got a clue' date=' mine are in the same folder as yours and they're fine.[/quote']

Yip, because I think they are working just not showing up, as the default badges for certain clubs arent showing either.

Which logo/kits pack are you using?

Maybe try the russian league Rubin Kazan or Lokmotiv. Maybe Serie A Bologna or Cagliari?

Yip' date=' because I think they are working just not showing up, as the default badges for certain clubs arent showing either.

Which logo/kits pack are you using?[/color']

This one for faces,

http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/362/megapack-home-thread

This for logos

http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Both from sortitoutsi. Would always use theirs when downloading graphics.

Finished my first season in charge of SL Benfica, finished 2nd in the league due to some dodgy results against the lesser clubs, but managed to beat Porto away from home and draw at home.

Star players were:

Oscar Cardozo Scoring 28 from 27 league games, and winning the 2013/2014 golden boot award :eek: ahead of Messi and Diego Costa. He scored a total of 42 goals in 49(7) games, 6 assists, 12 PoM at a rating of 7.42.

Mayke played really well scoring 3 from 12 games, 4 assists at a rating of 7.40

Eduardo Salvio scored 14 from 44(2) games, 24 assists at a rating of 7.35

Alvarez Balanta scored 7 from 37(6) games, 77% pass completion, 5.47 tackles per game at a rating of 7.19

Other notable players: Lazar Markovic, Luisao, Ezequiel Garay, Nemanja Matic

Had trouble with the defence, just couldn't stop leaking goals, Artur conceded 67 from 47. Any help?

Also having trouble retaining possession, most of the games even if I win I have less than 50% possession. Any help?

In my third season with Everton, finished fourth first season and then won the Europa League and the Fa Cup as well as finishing 3rd in the second season. My current best starting 11:

Akinfeev

Stones Dede Balanta Sandro

Illarramendi Bradley

Correa Barkley Pjanic

Lukaku

Subs: Lucas Romero, Barry, Doumbia, Vietto, Wijnaldum, Jagielka, Heitinga, Hughes, Oviedo, Naismith and Osman.

Also got lots of regens, (got 4 regens in my first youth intake with 4* or more potential). Also got Everton youngster Ryan Ledson knocking on the door of the first team, should be in my team after a year out on loan.

Start of my second season, drew 1 - 1 with Rio Ave, quite disappointing seen as we dominated the game.

Players out:

Rodrigo to Aston Villa for £10M

Lisandro Lopez to Valencia for £4M

Leo Kanu released

Djalo released

Guilherme Siqueira return to Granada

Players in:

Silvio from Atletico Madrid for £1.2M

Vitinho for free

Joao Cancelo from Benfica B for free

Pizzi from Getafe return

Nelson Oliveira from Rennes return

Can anyone suggest a good formation/tactic for this side?

Signed Jonathan Silva for £2.5M

Currently playing really well are Benfica' date=' 7 match winning streak. with wins over Porto, Sporting, Man City and Monaco.[/color']

How have you managed to put win streaks together? I get on a run of maybe 4 wins and then get thrashed 4-0 or something by a far lesser team? FM match engine this year is absurd for these anomalous results.

How have you managed to put win streaks together? I get on a run of maybe 4 wins and then get thrashed 4-0 or something by a far lesser team? FM match engine this year is absurd for these anomalous results.

I went from mid February until the end of the season unbeaten and that was with me being in the FA Cup and Europa League as well.

That was happening to me at the start but I tweaked my formation slightly. I know it might sound stupid as they are defenders but I changed my full backs to complete wing backs and set my team to look for the overlap and that has completely changed my team. They get constant high 7's and are always involved in the goals.

Made a Few tweaks to a passing tactic I've seen online and it's been unreal have just got Hartlepool back to back promotions into the Championship now and have been playing some good football with a solid foundation, Really enjoying this years game.Built by Hartlepool team around there two young stars Luke James and Jack Baldwin who are now both nearing there full potential will sadly probably ditch Hartlepool during this season as there's not much room for more growth and finances are restricting improvement.

Made a Few tweaks to a passing tactic I've seen online and it's been unreal have just got Hartlepool back to back promotions into the Championship now and have been playing some good football with a solid foundation' date=' Really enjoying this years game.Built by Hartlepool team around there two young stars Luke James and Jack Baldwin who are now both nearing there full potential will sadly probably ditch Hartlepool during this season as there's not much room for more growth and finances are restricting improvement.[/quote']

Care to share?

PS Adam, that Complete Full Backs thing worked a treat, my full backs aren't averaging 6.2 anymore and they're even scoring and assisting!! :eek::eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Currently doing a save with Wigan. In the second season now. Managed to win the Championship, Europa League, and Capital Once Cup last season. Made a loft of changes to the team, but the core of the squad is British.

Current Squad:

b8c094af28a8865941f96f63e5755f32.png

Starting XI:

56d9ca26460d761614751f48f4822095.png

Team Instructions:

e3c10b835d4c19c36a5a328de3d54c7a.png

Current PL position:

795b9b191a53381b23c40373c54e7913.png

Top 6 last season:

6ddaddcf4bb664f01bceac3aa7ea8edd.png

Europa League Final:

b2164d734f38ae9df09b5468953f601f.png

Capital One Cup Semi Final win over Chelsea:

10dadf846214b4fa88ca91563d1da7a4.png

Capital One Cup Final:

b5470442b87bc4ffab3722110e71ceb8.png

European Super Cup:

ecb57e903b9255b4c3846be7e233540e.png

Won the Championship with Leeds in my first season, kept the team pretty much the same with a couple of additions and got the team playing some good passing football. Ross McCormack played a large part of getting me up from a very tight division, top scorer of the league with 24 goals.

League Table:

1. Leeds United - 81 points

2. Burnley - 77 points

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3. Notts Forest - 77 points

4. Reading - 77 points

5. Leicester City - 75 points

6. Brighton - 73 points

First Team

Kenny

Peltier - Lees - Duffy - Warnock

Austin