• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Football Manager 2014 Found this awesome site for all things FM, love the layout http://www.mypassion4footballmanager.com/

Re: Football Manager 2014 This one for faces, http://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/362/megapack-home-thread This for logos http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos Both from sortit

Re: Football Manager 2014

• 1 month later...

Just added a Legends of the 80's transfer update with all the classic players. Very strange having the likes of Pele, Lothar Matthaus, Kenny Dalglish and Diego Maradona as a 19 year old in the game. As well as Yugoslavia, E/W Germany and the USSR!

Edit: Started of as AC Milan with Capello and Baresi, using the Catenaccio formation.. :D

• 3 weeks later...

After taking Coventry to the Champions League final and winning, I decided I'd go for something different and started a save with Inter.

1st Season - Summer

In:

Everton Riberio

Allessio Cerci

Nemanja Vidic

Sebastian Rode

Christian Benteke

Luis Pedro Cavanda

Domenico Berardi

Out:

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

1st Season - Winter

In:

Alberto Moreno

Nemanja Matic

Jeremy Menez

Out:

Walter Samuel

Jonathan

Marco Andreoli

Danilo D'Ambrosio

Juan Pablo Carrizo

Christian Benteke (CF-A)

Everton Riberio (W-A) - Mateo Kovacic (EN-A) - Allessio Cerci (W-A)

Hernanes (AP-A) - Sebastian Rode (BBM-S)

Nemanja Matic (A-D)

Alberto Moreno (FB-Au) - Nemanja Vidic (CD-D)- Javier Zanetti (FB-Au)

Samir Handanovic (G-D)

Decided to use a similar tactic to one I used on FMH last year which worked wonders, and after tweaking the player roles I came up with the above which proved to be a pretty decent gameplan. With a strong showing over the season, we managed a 2nd place finish, just 2 points off winners Juventus. We beat Udinese convincingly in the Italian Cup final to bring home some silverware. However, Champions Cup football beckoned and the squad needed strengthening.

2nd Season - Summer

In:

Victor Valdes - Free Transfer

Timo Horn - 3.8m

David Luiz - 15m

Marcel Schmelzer - 8.5m

Gino Peruzzi - 18.5m

Lucas Silva - 15m

Sergi Roberto - 1.6m

Lazar Markovic - 34m

Memphis Depay - 19.75m

Gabriel Barbosa - 6.25m

Matej Mihilovic (Regen) - 450k

Sascha Horvath (Regen) - 6.25k

Christiano Biraghi (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Lorenzo Crisetig (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Lorenzo Tassi (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Michael Ventre (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Allesandro Capello (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Saphir Taider (Remaining 50%) - 4.2m

Mauro Icardi (Remaining 50%) - 2.5m

Alberti Cerri (Co-ownership) - 5m

Out:

Andrea Ranocchia - 2.4m

Fredy Guarin - 7m

Yuto Nagotomo - 3.9m

Matias Silvestre - 1.4m

Ezequiel Schellotto - 3.1m

Ruben Botta - 1.3m

Luis Pedro Cavanda - 1.5m

Samir Handanovic- 26m

Rodrigo Polacio - Free

Jeremy Menez - Free

Antonio Cassano - Free

Gaby Mudingayi - Free

Mcdonald Mariga - Free

A large transfer budget boosted by the sales of Handanovic and Guarin allowed for expensive signings such as 34m for Lazar Markovic. Have now a reasonable 1st and 2nd team which should allow us to compete on the domestic and continental stage.

1st Team

Benteke

Riberio - Kovacic - Cerci

Hernanes - Rode

Matic

Moreno - Luiz - Peruzzi

Valdes

2nd Team

Barbosa

Depay - Alvarez - Markovic

Roberto - Taider

Silva

Schmelzer - Vidic - Zanetti

Horn

We've just lost the Italian Super Cup 1-0 to Juventus :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've been conceding an unbelievable amount of goals in my online Cardiff games, every game is 3+ conceded. I'm 12th with 33 points 27 games in, but can see myself getting relegated now if I keep conceding the way I have been these past 5 games.. Any decent formations to stop leaking goals

Last 5 games -

Hull 5-3

Southampton 4-2

Norwich 3-4

Fulham 4-1

Man City 3-2

As for Medel, his average rating over my 27 games is 5, I've no idea how my 'best player' can be so consistently terrible. Problem is I have nobody to replace him with a transfer revenue of 10%.

I've been conceding an unbelievable amount of goals in my online Cardiff games' date=' every game is 3+ conceded. I'm 12th with 33 points 27 games in, but can see myself getting relegated now if I keep conceding the way I have been these past 5 games.. Any decent formations to stop leaking goals

Last 5 games -

Hull 5-3

Southampton 4-2

Norwich 3-4

Fulham 4-1

Man City 3-2

As for Medel, his average rating over my 27 games is 5, I've no idea how my 'best player' can be so consistently terrible. Problem is I have nobody to replace him with a transfer revenue of 10%.[/quote']

Do you concede a lot from set pieces? A lot of the time that happens to me with lesser teams, until I properly do my set piece instructions and get defenders with good concentration and other mental attributes in addition to marking and heading.

I've not been on FM in a few months but from memory I think I play a short-passing 4-3-3, with low tempo and trying to retain possession a lot and look for the overlap and exploit wing play.

GK [D]

CWB[A]-BPD[C]-BPD[D]-CWB[A]

BWM

BBM-DLP

W-------------------W

AF[A]

Obviously for this you system (and any possession-based system, IMO) you need to have defenders, especially CBs, with good passing. And set the GK's instruction to distribute to the CB or FB instead of kicking long.

Do you concede a lot from set pieces? A lot of the time that happens to me with lesser teams' date=' until I properly do my set piece instructions and get defenders with good concentration and other mental attributes in addition to marking and heading.

I've not been on FM in a few months but from memory I think I play a short-passing 4-3-3, with low tempo and trying to retain possession a lot and look for the overlap and exploit wing play.

[/quote']

Alright cheers I'll give that formation a go and see how it goes. My problem isn't conceding from set-pieces, but it's the ball just going over the top. One chipped ball over the top of my defenders and they're done everytime for pace, all of them. I've tried playing a deep line as well as having a sweeper, but it still doesn't seem to sort the issue. Going to give what you said a go though and see what happens, thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just started playing this, had it since release but never actually bothered with it. I took over Southampton and started off with the transfer ban so it made it more realistic. Really enjoying it so far played all of my pre season won five drew two games against Colchester and Roma. Only played two games of the season so far, drew 0-0 with Fulham and managed to beat Liverpool 2-0 at home. Lallana is a beast on it!

• 1 month later...

Hello, just thought I'd come on here just to ask a quick question about the game, haven't played it until the last few days where I thought I'd give it a go. Used to love FM12 but didn't play alot of FM13/14 until the other day.

I just wanted to know about the money you receive for selling players as I had a budget of 100k with a League 1 side and I sold a player for 475k to which I only received 75k back from the deal? I don't know if I've gone wrong somewhere but if anyone has an idea then I appreciate it, cheers.