New Custom - looking for ideas

Midnight to Six

So, I've been speaking with Chambo who would quite like to start playing SM again. I currently have a custom not being used on my account so decided I might as well use it.

Right now there is absolutely nothing decided and I'd really just like some suggestions. The only thing is that I want to keep it quite small, say two league's of 6-8 teams. We would preferably like some of the older managers who we both know but anyone is welcome really!

Looking forward to hearing from anyone :)

Re: New Custom - looking for ideas

Here's a bit of a wacky idea. Start with empty squads, fairly low budgets, but good economy. You can only make bids for players on their birthdays...

Would need enforcing, but shouldn't be too hard with good managers and a small amount. It would keep the bidding very active. :)

Here's a bit of a wacky idea. Start with empty squads' date=' fairly low budgets, but good economy. You can only make bids for players on their birthdays...

Would need enforcing, but shouldn't be too hard with good managers and a small amount. It would keep the bidding very active. :)[/quote']

Certainly a wacky idea! Not sure how well it would work in practice. Would everyone actually have a full team for the start of the season?

Certainly a wacky idea! Not sure how well it would work in practice. Would everyone actually have a full team for the start of the season?

Fair point I guess! Maybe for the start of the setup you could buy anyone born in that month. I.e if it starts in october you can buy anyone born in october. then from novmeber onwards it's down to their birthday.

I agree with wacky!! :P

I didn't get an invite,but i'd like to join if possible

My suggestion is a league where you can only buy 1 players from 1 league. So,you can only buy 1 player from La Liga,1 from Serie A, 1 from EPL. Never see that kind of league before so maybe with more details it could work :D

I didn't get an invite' date='but i'd like to join if possible

My suggestion is a league where you can only buy 1 players from 1 league. So,you can only buy 1 player from La Liga,1 from Serie A, 1 from EPL. Never see that kind of league before so maybe with more details it could work :D[/quote']

Interesting concept that. Would see a pretty even spread of the good players as well.

My suggestion is a league where you can only buy 1 players from 1 league. So,you can only buy 1 player from La Liga,1 from Serie A, 1 from EPL. Never see that kind of league before so maybe with more details it could work :D[/quote']

Yea, I like that a lot.

I, as well as a couple others, quite like this idea. Anyone like to expand on it and we can get this running as soon as possible?

Everyone that has posted in this thread is counted as in. I'm more than happy for another few people, old or new!

I'd be interested in this and I certainly like the idea about buying one player from each league/nation, but we would have hard time updating our teams. For example, if the individual players you bought from Ligue 1 and Primera transfer to Premier League in real life, most of the managers wouldn't be able to follow that. I'm playing in Real World (real life transfers only) and even there some transfers are done with a certain delay.

But maybe it could also be done geographically. For example, British clubs could only buy UK-born players.

For Spanish and Portuguese teams it would only be players born on Iberian Peninsula.

One region could be consisted of SE countries (Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Montenegro), there's a possible combination of France/Belgium/Netherlands, also Germany/Switzerland/Poland and so on.

To ease the divide in talent pool between different regions, you can add other countries (Denmark and Scandinavia to UK or Turkey/Romania/Bulgaria to Balkans) or you can reduce the number of participating teams from weaker regions. You could include South America alongside Central America as a separate region with 4 or 5 managed teams.

If anyone likes the idea, I could work on improving the details. In that case, I believe there shouldn't be more than 16 managers, 20 at most.

I'd be interested in this and I certainly like the idea about buying one player from each league/nation' date=' but we would have hard time updating our teams. [/b']For example, if the individual players you bought from Ligue 1 and Primera transfer to Premier League in real life, most of the managers wouldn't be able to follow that. I'm playing in Real World (real life transfers only) and even there some transfers are done with a certain delay.

But maybe it could also be done geographically. For example, British clubs could only buy UK-born players.

For Spanish and Portuguese teams it would only be players born on Iberian Peninsula.

One region could be consisted of SE countries (Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Montenegro), there's a possible combination of France/Belgium/Netherlands, also Germany/Switzerland/Poland and so on.

To ease the divide in talent pool between different regions, you can add other countries (Denmark and Scandinavia to UK or Turkey/Romania/Bulgaria to Balkans) or you can reduce the number of participating teams from weaker regions. You could include South America alongside Central America as a separate region with 4 or 5 managed teams.

If anyone likes the idea, I could work on improving the details. In that case, I believe there shouldn't be more than 16 managers, 20 at most.

I think with the transfer window mostly will be closed in next week,it'll be easier to apply the idea as no possibility the players changing club until January and i think if we can wait until that

I would be interested in this as well if there is still space available. I have had an idea on the back burner for a while now due to not having the time to put in the ground work which would be needed. I was going to call 'The Alphabet League'.

Basically everyone would buy a player(s) whose surname or first name (never decided which though surname makes sense) starting from A working right through to Z.

Many ways it could be done and I am aware some letters have very few players which is why if this idea generates interest people could get there heads together on the best way to implement it.

I like the idea me and Ryan reduced it to.

Each club can sign

1 x 90 and higher.

2 x 80-89

Unlimited -79

from each League.

I think it'd also be pretty interesting doing this with restrictions of player nationality instead of league.

yes certainly agree ;) count me in to the new custom anyways :D

I like the idea me and Ryan reduced it to.

Each club can sign

1 x 90 and higher.

2 x 80-89

Unlimited -79

from each League.

I think it'd also be pretty interesting doing this with restrictions of player nationality instead of league.

Good idea' date=' can I also just add that it might also be a good idea to also restrict the amount of players you can have, perhaps 2 players each position as well as 2 players per nationality.

Transfer market will never get boring. Perhaps make it one 90-92 rated player in season one then a 92-94 season 2, again just bouncing ideas around, I think whatever you implement it is going to keep the transfer market active and fresh.

Also once players rise above the 79 rating would they have to be sold on? I would hope not as the scouting for the young risers will be what gives the set up some longevity.[/font']