New Custom - looking for ideas

Midnight to Six

Re: New Custom - looking for ideas

Good idea' date=' can I also just add that it might also be a good idea to also restrict the amount of players you can have, perhaps 2 players each position as well as 2 players per nationality.

Transfer market will never get boring. Perhaps make it one 90-92 rated player in season one then a 92-94 season 2, again just bouncing ideas around, I think whatever you implement it is going to keep the transfer market active and fresh.

Also once players rise above the 79 rating would they have to be sold on? I would hope not as the scouting for the young risers will be what gives the set up some longevity.[/font']

Forgot to mention they'd all be "per season". All those restrictions reset each season so once the transfers happen doesn't matter how they might rise as you've purchased them at the allowed rating.

I like the idea me and Ryan reduced it to.

Each club can sign

1 x 90 and higher.

2 x 80-89

Unlimited -79

from each League.

I think it'd also be pretty interesting doing this with restrictions of player nationality instead of league.

Good idea with the rating restriction.

Just my point that restriction of nationality i've seen some in the past and i never see the restriction with league. As most quick risers/talents are in the big league and there are a lot of different nationalities in the big leagues,for me it could just be another finding risers in other setup. Where as if we make it by league restriction,we need to fill the squad with Finland league risers,Israel league risers which we'll never do in the other setups so it could be the heart of the setup

I understand the point that a player may changed club so the nationality can be more controlled,but if we can wait until the transfer window closed,i think we are pretty much safe until January.

Also,we can always decide for the limit of each league. For example for big league like EPL,Bundesliga,La Liga,Serie A we can buy each 2 players, and for other leagues only 1

Forgot to mention they'd all be "per season". All those restrictions reset each season so once the transfers happen doesn't matter how they might rise as you've purchased them at the allowed rating.

Well if the restrictions are reset season upon season then it keeps everything fresh.

Any thoughts on the player nationalities season upon season?

Perhaps a stipulation season upon season on what nationalities you can buy? Or have you both already thought of this?

Finally would you be introducing a squad cap? It could avoid managers hogging the best talents' date=' although a certain amount of nationalities you are allowed to buy players from season upon season could do this.[/font']

Setup Rules.

Transfers

A club can buy players from any division but have to meet these conditions

Only 1 player with a rating of 90 or higher.

Only 2 players with a rating from 80-89.

Any amount of players with a rating of 79 or lower.

These rules exist once every season and as long as the conditions are met at the time of purchasing players it does not matter if they rise for example the very next day.

Squad

Squad size limit is 30 players, this is to make the selection process more important.

That's about it. Ryan's confirming the managers, if people could help think of a name i'll do some spiffy graphics

Setup Rules.

Transfers

A club can buy players from any division but have to meet these conditions

Only 1 player with a rating of 90 or higher.

Only 2 players with a rating from 80-89.

Any amount of players with a rating of 79 or lower.

These rules exist once every season and as long as the conditions are met at the time of purchasing players it does not matter if they rise for example the very next day.

That's about it. Ryan's confirming the managers' date=' if people could help think of a name i'll do some spiffy graphics[/quote']

interested ;)

So that is the basis of the setup. I'd like you all to give your opinion as I want as many people to be happy with the rules as possible. Some minor tweaks will still be made before we create it.

I currently have a list of 17 people who have declared interest in the setup. They are as follows:

Midnight to Six

Chambo

lukelufc

drseanfitz

Synyster

Nick Justice

AdaM EFC

Radebe20

Gozzy

Noisy

RockyRocastle

jkerrs

lama ahmad

ZlookVulk

Halstinho

superharber

Raz

RPR

If you could all send me a PM/VM so I can turn your name green! The setup will be two leagues of 8 so someone is going to miss out. But we can sort that out later.

And we need some name suggestions, do your worst :)

So that is the basis of the setup. I'd like you all to give your opinion as I want as many people to be happy with the rules as possible. Some minor tweaks will still be made before we create it.

I currently have a list of 17 people who have declared interest in the setup. They are as follows:

Midnight to Six

Chambo

lukelufc

drseanfitz

Synyster

Nick Justice

AdaM EFC

Radebe20

Gozzy

Noisy

RockyRocastle

jkerrs

lama ahmad

ZlookVulk

Halstinho

superharber

Raz

If you could all send me a PM/VM so I can turn your name green! The setup will be two leagues of 8 so someone is going to miss out. But we can sort that out later.

And we need some name suggestions' date=' do your worst :)[/quote']

I did state my interest :)

• 1 month later...

Here are a few ideas I have been thinking about recently for new worlds.

Idea 1

-------

1 league of 16 teams all rated about 88. Bottom 3 managers sacked. Start with default squads and default money. All the better teams would be external which means that lots of the better players in the game would be available.

Idea 2

------

5 leagues of 10/12 to play 18/22 games. Everyone must start in Division 5. There will be 2 promotion places available, however here comes the twist. If you gain promotion you must leave your team and take up another team in Division 5. You must do this 5 times before you are allowed to be promoted to Division 4.

Once in Div 4 if you gain promotion you must leave that team and take another team in Div 4. You must do that 4 times.

In Div 3 - You must do it 3 times

In Div 2 - you must do it 2 times.

Once you reach Div 1 then you must win that league. The first one to achieve all of that can call themselves the ULTIMATE manager on SM.

Idea 3

------

1 league of 10/12/14/16 teams. You will be randomly given a team at the start of the season. All teams will be of a similar rating. There will be a points sytem for where you finish in the league.

After each season everyone leaves there team and is randomly assigned another team. We do this until everyone has managed every team in that league. At the end the manager with the most points will be the winner.