Quicker transfers

I am starting to get annoyed at how long it takes for an external transfer to take place. I just logged on to check to see if transfer offer for a player has been accepted but no instead it looks like i will be gazumped by a bigger club again.

It gets monotonous that i find little treasures from external clubs but usually miss out because it takes to long for the bid to be accepted so all it then takes is a big club to then offer more money and i miss out on yet another player. This will have happened 4 times this calendar year alone.

Re: Quicker transfers

getting gazumped is just part of the game. don`t see how they can speed it up it only takes about 24 hours from bid to it being accepted any quicker would be unfair on someone got to bear in mind that the game is played by people in different time zones all over the world 24 hours seems fair.

24 hours? I am still waiting on acceptance of an external transfer, has already been about 24 hours then i would have to wait for it to be completed, which in turn can also be a further 24 hours. I understand the different timezones and completely get that people will log in at different times of the day/night, howoever i still feel the process can be sped up.

I would like the time cut too as I have missed out on plenty of players in the past. I would like the time for the transfer to be accepted cut to about 12 hours, because it will give a smaller club a chance to get a decent player. With the 24 hour transfer acceptance you may think you have him after say 20 hours then a bigger club with more money comes in with not long to go and outbids you. Yes I know its part of the game and the time zones too, but I really think the bigger clubs just outbid you for a decent player or youth player to stop your teams growth and keep them the dominant side for longer - which is true in most cases and they then have 200 players they are not using on their team.

SM has to accommodate the fact that managers are in different time zones and that most don't tend to check their account every five minutes. 24 hours from bid to acceptance is already fast considering that each turn lasts three or four days. It's certainly much faster than real-life transfers, which typically take weeks or months of preparation.

What you are effectively asking for is an entitlement to buy a player: i.e. condense the time for acceptance such that other managers don't have enough time to outbid you. That is an unacceptable proposition. If you "miss out" on players because somebody comes in with a higher offer, then too bad. Either bid higher next time or go for more realistic targets for whom you won't be outbid.

If the shoe were on the other foot - e.g. you couldn't login one day and a player you wanted went to another club because you didn't have the chance to bid - you'd probably be complaining about how the other manager's bid was accepted too quickly.

Not at all, 24 is plenty for the beginning of the bid to completion of transfer, but that simply isn't the case. Last week i bid for a player on Tuesday morning 10ish, Wednesday morning 5ish another bid was placed on the player, Then nothing, Thursday lunchtime 1ish the bids were accepted, Friday morning 2am my bid won. If you think this is acceptable then fair play i myself do not. Everyone talks about time zones, which i always laugh when then say 24 hours must be given, in fact realistically only 12-18 hours need to be given. But this is a proposition that will divide many players on this game. So how about an actual timing of transfers. Once a bid is made then 24 hours is timed so bids can be changed, added or even rescinded. Once a bid(s) accepted then maybe a further couple of hours for choosing the club to sign for.

Oh and fyi not all transfers take weeks to prepare, some even take less then a day. We all want to add realism to the game but only if it suits us personally, which is okay in some circumstances but not everyone can enjoy the game if they deemed it either slow or worse boring.

Im also fine with it being the current time for acceptance. But I do recall one transfer that took something like 72hrs to get accepted!

I was outbid, it seemed, in the last few mins before finally being accepted!

It was also a strange bid...if I remember rightly, it was from Charlton (unmanaged), an we were bidding on Nasri (external). At the time I was a little angry, an posted on the news feed accordingly ;)

But other than this one case, its been fine.