Finances

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

There have been several changes to clubs finances to coincide with the recent changes in the transfer system. This is part of the ongoing improvements in relation to ‘Improved Club Finances’.

Recently players wages have been reviewed, the transfer system has been updated, and now we have made adjustments to money a club receives during the season as follows:

* TV revenue has increased by up to four times the previous amount.

* Merchandise revenue has increased by up to four times the previous amount.

* Sponsorship money has increased by 50%.

* More £ per match day ticket for lower division teams in World Setups.

* Prize money for the group stage of the Gold Setup ‘SMFA Champions Cup’ is now 500k for a win.

* Prize money for the group stage of the Gold Setup ‘SMFA Champions Cup’ is now 250k for a draw.

* Prize money for the knockout stage of the Gold Setup ‘SMFA Champions Cup’ is now 750k for a win.

* Prize money for the knockout stage of the Gold Setup ‘SMFA Shield’ is now 500k for a win.

We hope that the above changes are a welcome addition, and this is part of the ongoing improvements in relation to ‘Club Finance’.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: Finances

may be the AI could give the footballers more of a say in who they join. Why would a player rating 87 join a team of average 93 knowing he would never get a game?

This might stop the big money making teams with their billions, hogging all the medium Div2 players. Infact, the chairman could step in and say that he doesn't want to sign a lower rated player with no potential over the age of 25?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that the AI stopped buying players from you for the last few weeks?

They have just started buying them again, but the amount offered is very low indeed. In one case, lower than the amount the player is worth and therefore I cannot sell him as it does not meet my chairman's value.

Is this a new game development? Is it going to ruin the business part of SM? All the players I bought over the last 20 game turns are going to sell for less than I predicted and cost me a fortune.

Why do SM keep moving the goal posts?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed that the AI stopped buying players from you for the last few weeks?

They have just started buying them again' date=' but the amount offered is very low indeed. In one case, lower than the amount the player is worth and therefore I cannot sell him as it does not meet my chairman's value.

Is this a new game development? Is it going to ruin the business part of SM? All the players I bought over the last 20 game turns are going to sell for less than I predicted and cost me a fortune.

Why do SM keep moving the goal posts?[/quote']

Sell your highest valued player and others will rise.

• 2 months later...

How about gold managers being able to interact with the board?

I can't physically compete with other managers with a 13,100 capacity stadium.

I've built up a good team, but lose a lot of money every week. If I could interact with the board for things such as stadium upgrades, more funds etc.

You'd think when you're losing £1,000,000 a week the board would just see common sense and upgrade the stadium...

I think there needs to be a change. Too much money is floating about. In the past I would join a club often based on how much cash it has that I can spend. I just recently joined Arsenal who have 550million, which is the highest I have ever had. I have had an offer come in for Pique, 80mil. Highest offer I have ever had. But because I have so much money already, I have declined it, its in my best interests to keep him.

I would rather go back to having 100 odd million maximum, making money like that worth more. After all, the best managers are ment to spend their cash wisely. Sure, wise P/E's add to the game too, but I feel like taking one way of proving how good you are, can't be good for the game.

I think there needs to be a change. Too much money is floating about. In the past I would join a club often based on how much cash it has that I can spend. I just recently joined Arsenal who have 550million' date=' which is the highest I have ever had. I have had an offer come in for Pique, 80mil. Highest offer I have ever had. But because I have so much money already, I have declined it, its in my best interests to keep him.

I would rather go back to having 100 odd million maximum, making money like that worth more. After all, the best managers are ment to spend their cash wisely. Sure, wise P/E's add to the game too, but I feel like taking one way of proving how good you are, can't be good for the game.[/quote']

It wouldn't surprise me if SM did a 'reset' like they did three or four years back when the chairman took a 'dividend' and hoovered up all the cash except for about 15 million. Although they'll probably wait until the escalated concerns have whittled down some of the squad sizes.

• 1 month later...

You'd think when you're losing £1' date='000,000 a week the board would just see common sense and upgrade the stadium...[/quote']

You should be able to buy extra stadium capacity for something like £1m for each extra 1,000 capacity or something like that.

Also in game attendances should be based on how good a team is in game, not for some bizarre reason tied to their real world equivalent.

If the players and leagues were the same as in the real world then fair enough, but they clearly aren't.

Start of season attendances should be higher for the teams that finished the last season in the top 5 places. At the moment no matter how well you do season after season you typically start each season having to win the fans over again. Fans usually flock to see successful teams, if you start the new season badly then fair enough the crowds drop.

It wouldn't surprise me if SM did a 'reset' like they did three or four years back when the chairman took a 'dividend' and hoovered up all the cash except for about 15 million. Although they'll probably wait until the escalated concerns have whittled down some of the squad sizes.

When SM done that last time i'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't do it again, with your financis dictating how much you can spend on a player (either for youths or gameworld players) taking this action wouldn't be a good idea as it punishes directly gamers.

They can change how much money you take in for attendences sponsership etc but taking away peoples cash who might be waiting to sign good players listed due to concerns ect is not fair.

in fairness in most my teams i go from an extreme ammount lying around to very little and vice versa every so often. in gold champs i tend to struggle with having funds on a good few teams & are always nearly in the red (im sure due to bad management :o) arsenal torino boca neyyork drogheda athletic usually are in red.. my celtic atm has large cash there, but not so long ago i was running low & sold alot of players for the funds i have now.

When SM done that last time i'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't do it again' date='[/b'] with your financis dictating how much you can spend on a player (either for youths or gameworld players) taking this action wouldn't be a good idea as it punishes directly gamers.

Well they lied to us about concerns so I wouldn't be surprised about this either.

It wouldn't surprise me if SM did a 'reset' like they did three or four years back when the chairman took a 'dividend' and hoovered up all the cash except for about 15 million

It's another side effect of the concern system, players demand transfers so are sold so a big squad will be cash rich real quick, plus have the added bonus of paying out a lot less in wages. KER-CHING.

This will also have the effect of reducing the value of money in the game worlds as everyone will be filthy rich.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you now have a bid of yours accepted without having the required funds at the time of the bid? Obviously you'll go into some sort of debt after the deal until you managed to raise funds, but say if I had £10M in the bank and I had a bid accepted on a player of £30M, what would happen? :)

Can you now have a bid of yours accepted without having the required funds at the time of the bid? Obviously you'll go into some sort of debt after the deal until you managed to raise funds' date=' but say if I had £10M in the bank and I had a bid accepted on a player of £30M, what would happen? :)[/quote']

If this was to be implied to the game, then people would just abuse the system. I do like the idea of a points deduction for those teams that fail to manage their finances.