Sign in to follow this  
Rautate

Coutinho vs Cleverly

Re: Coutinho vs Cleverly

Cleverly plays at the better team.

Coutinho is the better player.

Cleverly is fine at 89 and should stay there until he starts to impress more. It will also depend on how Man Utd do this season, it hasn't been a good start for them. United are most likely going to bring in some new players in January as the midfield is quite weak which would mean Cleverly dropping to the bench.

deserves cleverly 90?

who is better cleverly or coutinho ??

Coutinho is much better at the moment. Who knows how they will progress in future, but Coutinho is not only better now, he looks to have more potential as well.

Let's see both play in different positions? Check.

Both players are nothing alike? Check.

One is clearly more talented than the other and will hopefully begin to realise this potential once he's moved back into his natural position as a number 10. The other is solid and vastly underrated as he's not a flashy footballer, but obviously has a far lower ceiling than the other.

Also Manchester United have had a bad start have they? Played poorly in their opening game and won the Community Shield, played just as poorly in the next and smashed Swansea. Drew with Chelsea who are one of the top sides in the league and lost at Anfield where they haven't won in fives years and a draw would have been seen as a great result by their fans. Won a cup, have one less point than expected for a good start and it's been poor? Next up you'll be believing Liverpool are title challengers because they have a good start.

One is clearly more talented than the other and will hopefully begin to realise this potential once he's moved back into his natural position as a number 10. The other is solid and vastly underrated as he's not a flashy footballer' date=' but obviously has a far lower ceiling than the other.

Also Manchester United have had a bad start have they? Played poorly in their opening game and won the Community Shield, played just as poorly in the next and smashed Swansea. Drew with Chelsea who are one of the top sides in the league and lost at Anfield where they haven't won in fives years and a draw would have been seen as a great result by their fans. Won a cup, have one less point than expected for a good start and it's been poor? Next up you'll be believing Liverpool are title challengers because they have a good start.[/quote']

Very true, but still doesn't answer the op question...

IMO cleverly has shown glimpses of total brilliance but has really faded, so my conclusion is he is talented by has his work cut out to get to full potential. Highest rating IMO around 91-92 mark with current club.

Coutinho IMO is a bit over rated, but none the less also talented in his own right, he is Brazilian so it's expected he has flair. IMO 91-92 is also his potential at most with current club.

But as you say both are different positional players, one out wide with flair the other central needing to be dominant

Very true' date=' but still doesn't answer the op question...

IMO cleverly has shown glimpses of total brilliance but has really faded, so my conclusion is he is talented by has his work cut out to get to full potential. Highest rating IMO around 91-92 mark with current club.

Coutinho IMO is a bit over rated, but none the less also talented in his own right, he is Brazilian so it's expected he has flair. IMO 91-92 is also his potential at most with current club.

But as you say both are different positional players, one out wide with flair the other central needing to be dominant[/quote']

The question could not be more vague. Better at what? Being a central midfielder? Being a number 10? Better at doing keep ups? Better in big games? My answer is the best in this thread.

One is clearly more talented than the other and will hopefully begin to realise this potential once he's moved back into his natural position as a number 10. The other is solid and vastly underrated as he's not a flashy footballer' date=' but obviously has a far lower ceiling than the other.

Also Manchester United have had a bad start have they? Played poorly in their opening game and won the Community Shield, played just as poorly in the next and smashed Swansea. Drew with Chelsea who are one of the top sides in the league and lost at Anfield where they haven't won in fives years and a draw would have been seen as a great result by their fans. Won a cup, have one less point than expected for a good start and it's been poor? Next up you'll be believing Liverpool are title challengers because they have a good start.[/quote']

They won 2-1 at Anfield last season... a draw would not have been seen as a great result by their fans at all. I think you know very little about Utd.

They won 2-1 at Anfield last season... a draw would not have been seen as a great result by their fans at all. I think you know very little about Utd.

So I misread some information, they have still won there once since 2007, big woop that doesn't mean a thing being that Liverpool are always the favourites at home to United. Nice try on being pedantic though sweetheart. And it would have been a result they'd have been happy with. Anyone who thinks different has rose tinted glasses on or they're a moron, which is the same thing.

So I misread some information' date=' they have still won there once since 2007, big woop that doesn't mean a thing being that Liverpool are always the favourites at home to United. Nice try on being pedantic though sweetheart. And it would have been a result they'd have been happy with. Anyone who thinks different has rose tinted glasses on or they're a moron, which is the same thing.[/quote']

I reckon sir Alex ferguson has rose tinted glasses! Lol

He can't be a moron from winning all them trophies! And from all his pre-match talk at anfield it's always to get three points by winning!

Based on your post it has to be rose tinted glasses

I reckon sir Alex ferguson has rose tinted glasses! Lol

He can't be a moron from winning all them trophies! And from all his pre-match talk at anfield it's always to get three points by winning!

Based on your post it has to be rose tinted glasses

You didn't comprehend my post. Feel free to PM me for English lessons as clearly the UK has failed you in your education and I feel bad for that, I do.

You didn't comprehend my post. Feel free to PM me for English lessons as clearly the UK has failed you in your education and I feel bad for that' date=' I do.[/quote']

I think he perfectly understood your post, and his reply made perfect sense. Stop being pretentious, you're not better than anyone on here even if you think you are. And stop patronising people.

I think he perfectly understood your post' date=' and his reply made perfect sense. Stop being pretentious, you're not better than anyone on here even if you think you are. And stop patronising people.[/quote']

He didn't son, trust. Feel free to contact me also, we'll get you up to speed.

The awkward moment when you get told you are dumb by a dropkick who hasn't a clue about what he's talking about. United happy with a draw at Anfield. Lol is the onlything that comes to mind.

Yes, yes they would have been. Are you thick? The sheer amount of fans who'd "take a draw" at Anfield outweighs the cretins who think they'd pick up the three points every time.

The awkward moment when you get told you are dumb by a dropkick who hasn't a clue about what he's talking about. United happy with a draw at Anfield. Lol is the onlything that comes to mind.

with the recent lfc I think certain clubs would try nick a draw at anfield.

but to think mufc would be happy with a draw? very deluded indeed.

and as phil says, my post does make perfect sense, as he understood it, so someone else's english is very poor lol...

I love it when deluded people with closed minds just don't see reasoning and understand how to interact with people with other perceptions. they always fight back with posts that do not argue the case in the correct manner and end it with im right you're wrong, and sometimes add insult (which I find very entertaining).:)

Deluded? Manchester United average a little over 1 point at Anfield. They'd always aim for a point at Anfield and the whole 3 at home. You can question my English when you find your shift key.

you questioned mine, so why can I not question you? (serious Q)

others understood my post besides you, that in itself is proof that my english is fine. but you failing to understand everyone else proves we can all question your english. (not true? read the whole thread carefully, evidence is there)

and try telling that to sir alex ferguson that mufc should aim for a point at anfield!! (seriously funny) lol... if you are not deluded then you have a very closed mind.

they average a little over a point yes (well done, fact)), but does that have to mean they aim for a draw every single year at anfield? (seriously?)

some teams never even get a point from man utd, does that mean those teams every year aim to lose? (I don't think so)

I love your insults lol... very amusing. intelligent people who can reason with logic don't need to throw insults out like you btw. you definitely have lost a lot of respect from fellow posters including myself with your whole attitude and mannerism in your posts.

you questioned mine' date=' so why can I not question you? (serious Q)

others understood my post besides you, that in itself is proof that my english is fine. but you failing to understand everyone else proves we can all question your english. (not true? read the whole thread carefully, evidence is there)

and try telling that to sir alex ferguson that mufc should aim for a point at anfield!! (seriously funny) lol... if you are not deluded then you have a very closed mind.

they average a little over a point yes (well done, fact)), but does that have to mean they aim for a draw every single year at anfield? (seriously?)

some teams never even get a point from man utd, does that mean those teams every year aim to lose? (I don't think so)

I love your insults lol... very amusing. intelligent people who can reason with logic don't need to throw insults out like you btw. you definitely have lost a lot of respect from fellow posters including myself with your whole attitude and mannerism in your posts.[/quote']

They go in knowing anything more than a draw is a very good result, yes. Sir Alex Ferguson (see I'm using capitals for the man's name, as it's plain rude not to) isn't going to sit there and go "yeah, you know what I'd take a point against a team that the whole fan base hates" he's going to say he wants to win.

No it doesn't mean they aim to lose and that's not a comparison at all. Some teams go to Manchester and their aim is to not get humiliated so just park the bus. United go to Anfield and although they probably want the three points, they know a draw is more realistic than a win which is a fact. Liverpool are always the favourites. I've waltzed into this thread and said Coutinho has a higher ceiling than Cleverly, that United don't tend to do well at Anfield and this is coming from a guy that can't stand Liverpool.

Cleverley is incredibly average. If he was in another Premier League side, United wouldn't look at him once, let alone twice. He's shown lots of potential, but he's never actually built on that. It's not really possible to compare him to Coutinho though; they're completely different types of players.

They go in knowing anything more than a draw is a very good result' date=' yes. Sir Alex Ferguson (see? I'm using capitals for the man's name, as it's plain rude not to) isn't going to sit there and go, "yeah, you know what? I'd take a point against a team that the whole fan base hates". He's going to say he wants to win.

No, it doesn't mean they aim to lose and that's not a comparison at all. Some teams go to Manchester and their aim is to not get humiliated, so they just park the bus. United go to Anfield and, although they probably want the three points, they know a draw is more realistic than a win, which is a fact. Liverpool are always the favourites. I've waltzed into this thread and said Coutinho has a higher ceiling than Cleverley and that United don't tend to do well at Anfield, and this is coming from a guy that can't stand Liverpool.

Corrected your English for you, buddy. Don't worry and just keep trying; you'll get there one day!