Sammy Lee has decided to leave Bolton as their manager after his side's poor start to the season. Bolton have parted company with the boss, as he left by a feeling of mutual consent.

This leaves the second-bottom side in the Premiership, managerless for their match against league leaders Arsenal. First-team coach Ricky Sbragia will take charge until Bolton find a replacement.

So what do you guys think? Who will the new boss be? Leave your views

:rolleyes:

Re: Lee leaves Bolton

Mourinho would be a funny addition and he would almost certainly sort those lots morale out. I dont think he would have quite the same impact as he did at Chelski because he doesnt have a mobile bank walking round with him all the time like Abramhovic :)

On a serious note - this was inevitable to say the least and this goes to show just how good of a job Big Sam did for Bolton. It's hard to say who would be boss and I would of said Keegan if the press wouldnt of published what it did earlier in the week. Bolton need a manager who is prepared to push the players to their limits like Allardyce did, so not quite sure who will take charge now? I hope for Bolton's sake it isn't a nobody as they are seriously under achieving and run the risk of losing key players like Anelka and Nolan if someone doesnt start and steady the ship.

Yes I was just about to mention Mourinho when I saw Raz' post.

I believe the demise of Bolton as a Premiership team began when Big Sam left. It continued, and noticeably when Diouf continuously made noises about being unhappy, when Gary Speed resigned as coach etc. and well, I think they will be back in the Championship next year. UNLESS, Mourinho takes over of course.

I have a feeling one of the names linked would be Kevin Keegan... whatever has happened to him? Graeme Souness now there's another one, or perhaps a particular Oleg Blokhin?

Like I said Quag' date=' Keegan was quoted as saying in the media this week that he will not manage again, thats why I said I was unsure, he would of been the name I would of said.[/quote']

Oops well sorry I missed that.

Pity though, I think he's the sort of manager who can take a team from the Championship to the Premiership :P

But not do anything special up there anyway.

Name's Luigi by the way :)

Sammy Lee has decided to leave Bolton as their manager after his side's poor start to the season. Bolton have parted company with the boss' date=' as he left by a feeling of mutual consent.

This leaves the second-bottom side in the Premiership, managerless for their match against league leaders Arsenal. First-team coach Ricky Sbragia will take charge until Bolton find a replacement.

So what do you guys think? Who will the new boss be? Leave your views

:rolleyes:[/quote']

first thoughts for me are that its the wrong decision. firstly, IMO bolton had been carried by sam allardyce for 7 years, and if they were going to change manager for whatever reason, it would obviously take time and effort to adapt to a new management style.

however, lee was not given enough time IMO, and hes only been given a few months to prove himself in the premiership, which is his first management job in football. it may be a knee jerk reaction, because they are 19th in the table, which is fair enough, considering last season they were in the top 7. but, he should have been judged on how he finished the season, not how he started.

the next manager they get will have a job and a half sorting them out though B)

I can see someone like Souness making a suprise return to the premiership although the Bolton fans may not be happy with it.

His experiance in the prem puts him in the running although I think he may have a contract with some Sport's program....

Glen Roeder also could be in the running.

Big Sam had taken them as far as he could and wee Sammy was never gonna carry on his good work as hes simply a yes man and one of them coaches who will never be a good manager.

Good riddance to the long ball merchants,i for one wont miss them and their half empty stadium.

Chris' in Spain is he not?

Would be a shocking appointment if you ask me though.

Jewell or Warnock :eek: sound more likely in my view.

Still gonna stick with Souness actually' date=' I think he would be a good choice.

Sir Bobby?[/quote']

Well Warnock is the new Palace boss so I doubt he will move lol

Coleman is at Sociedad or something, I know he is at someone in Spain might be Santander but Im sure its Sociedad.

Roeder, Souness or Jewell for me.