luis celsinho and franco di santo :)

jimmy carr

ones brazilian and has just moved to sporting, but is still playing for his original team on the DB, lokomotiv moscow i think :S described as the next ronaldinho

franco di santo- described as the next maradona.

http://www.theoffside.com/south-america/a-name-to-remember-franco-di-santo.html - di santo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=52cStA18gdI celsinho

Re: luis celsinho and franco di santo :)

ones brazilian and has just moved to sporting' date=' but is still playing for his original team on the DB, lokomotiv moscow i think :S described as the next ronaldinho

franco di santo- described as the next maradona.

[url']http://www.theoffside.com/south-america/a-name-to-remember-franco-di-santo.html[/url] - di santo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=52cStA18gdI celsinho

I thought Lulinha was r8d as the nxt Ronaldinho?:confused: :confused: .

Di Santo is well known i have him on my shortlist but thnx for Celsinho

Di Santo has a great future on Audax Italiano Squad, but he's not the next "maradona" ... that's so much! .. he's a great player but no more than that.

At this time, Audax is the best squad in Chile, much better than Colo Colo, and Carlos Villanueva is the "brain" of them.

but... Marcelo Bielsa dont want to see him play in the Chilean Squad... What a pity!

Di Santo has a great future on Audax Italiano Squad' date=' but he's not the next "maradona" ... that's so much! .. he's a great player but no more than that.

At this time, Audax is the best squad in Chile, much better than Colo Colo, and Carlos Villanueva is the "brain" of them.

but... Marcelo Bielsa dont want to see him play in the Chilean Squad... What a pity![/quote']

is millan any good?

• 1 month later...

Chelsea Sign Franci Di Santo. What does this mean for Pizzarro? I think he'll be sold now. Di Santo will probably be 3rd choice behind Shevchenko and Drogba, who'll be out for some time. I think Pizzaro is awful and Di Santo will probably get some games ahead of him in the ACON. If so then his rating can go in only one direction, but since Chelsea have a habbit of ruining good attacking players then wouldn't be too sure. What are people's thoughts on this?

he should easily get enough games at chelsea to go up, hes only 85 now.

drogba is great, sheva has not worked for chelsea and is getting on, kalou and pizarro arent good enough. not long till he is first off the bench or even starting if chelsea play two proper strikes. could shoot up considering he wont play for them before the next england update, and by the time the next next updatees are done he may have played a fair bit.

unless he gets a 1 or 2 point boost just for joining chelsea - im not sure if playing in chile kept his rating down?

You're all wrong. Di Santo will join every other promising teenager who signs for Chelsea... in the reserves. Chelsea haven't exactly got a record of giving their youngsters too many first-team appearances, and there's nothing to suggest it will be any different with Di Santo. Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou and Pizarro will all be ahead of him for at least the rest of this season and probably next season too. He joined the wrong club.

he should easily get enough games at chelsea to go up' date=' hes only 85 now.

drogba is great, sheva has not worked for chelsea and is getting on, kalou and pizarro arent good enough. not long till he is first off the bench or even starting if chelsea play two proper strikes. could shoot up considering he wont play for them before the next england update, and by the time the next next updatees are done he may have played a fair bit.

unless he gets a 1 or 2 point boost just for joining chelsea - im not sure if playing in chile kept his rating down?[/quote']

I think he'll defo be ahead of Pizzaro (who's just poor and lacks height) and with Drogba and Kalou leaving in January him and Sheva might lead the attack. During January Chelsea need a tall Drogba like player who can head down long balls (Chelsea can only play hoof-it-up the pitch tactics) so he could be that tall striker. I think that if you aren't in an active set-up then it would be better to wait and see if he actually gets appearances and if he does then buy him.

You're all wrong. Di Santo will join every other promising teenager who signs for Chelsea... in the reserves.

oh yeah of course. like scott sinclair or john obi mikel right? they are badly short of options upfront so, unless they do sign anelka aswell, i think he will get games. kalou is just awful

he'll go up in the portugese ratings if he's played for sporting before then. it all depends on his role there, he may not go up at all, but since he's already rated at 77 i cant see him going upto more than 83/84 even if he plays a fair bit for them, hes only got about a month before the rating change

when will celsinho go up?? and what do you guys think he will reach?

I honestly can't see him increasing much in the next Portuguese changes. He's only played 9 mins as a sub in the CL' date=' and according to the bwin liga website, he's only played 11 mins in the league (in a 0-0 draw away at Benfica) and 45 mins in the cup (in a 2-1 home defeat against CD Fatima).

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/players/player=1905666/index.html

http://www.lpfp.pt/bwin_Liga/Pages/Pessoa.aspx?epoca=20072008&clube=sporting_cp&jogador=2433

I would guess he will eventually reach somewhere in the low 90s, maybe higher with the right coaching and some hard work... but that will probably take a few years.

oh yeah of course. like scott sinclair or john obi mikel right? they are badly short of options upfront so' date=' unless they do sign anelka aswell, i think he will get games. kalou is just awful[/quote']

It doesn't matter that they're short of options up front, or that Kalou isn't that great. The reality is that Di Santo is a teenager who's only ever played in a substandard league where the style of play is in no way similar to the Premiership.

However promising he might be, and however well he played for Audax (where Villanueva was the key player anyway), Shevchenko and Pizarro (and Kalou after the ACON) are still far better equipped to deal with Premiership defences. I would even pick Joe Cole as a deep striker before I would choose Di Santo. Chelsea have to think about his long term development if they want a future star, not about a quick fix to their striker problems.

Di Santo may get the odd sub appearance during the ACON, but it would be irresponsible of Avram Grant to just throw him in at the deep end.

I would even pick Joe Cole as a deep striker before I would choose Di Santo. Chelsea have to think about his long term development if they want a future star' date=' not about a quick fix to their striker problems.

Di Santo may get the odd sub appearance during the ACON, but it would be irresponsible of Avram Grant to just throw him in at the deep end.[/quote']

this is a kind of unrelated arguement - were not talking about whats best for his development, just whether he would get games at chelsea

and who's to say throwing him in at the deep end woulndt be the best way to get play out of him?

this is a kind of unrelated arguement - were not talking about whats best for his development' date=' just whether he would get games at chelsea[/quote']

It's not really unrelated at all. That's part of the reason he won't get many games. The pressure might hinder his development... so he probably won't play much.

and who's to say throwing him in at the deep end woulndt be the best way to get play out of him?

Young players in general don't handle pressure well (especially those who aren't even familiar with the native language). Usually (I'm not saying always, because there are exceptions), being thrown straight into first team action for a massive club either goes to their head making them arrogant, or makes them crumble under the pressure meaning they never reach their full potential.

It's better to ease them in gently (like Wenger did with Fabregas, Flamini, Clichy etc), and give them a taste of first team football against lesser teams in the cup, or maybe the odd sub appearance, instead of pinning your title hopes on them as soon as they arrive (which is effectively what Chelsea would be doing if they made him Drogba's replacement).

It's not really unrelated at all. That's part of the reason he won't get many games. The pressure might hinder his development... so he probably won't play much.

Young players in general don't handle pressure well (especially those who aren't even familiar with the native language). Usually (I'm not saying always' date=' because there are exceptions), being thrown straight into first team action for a massive club either goes to their head making them arrogant, or makes them crumble under the pressure meaning they never reach their full potential.

It's better to ease them in gently (like Wenger did with Fabregas, Flamini, Clichy etc), and give them a taste of first team football against lesser teams in the cup, or maybe the odd sub appearance, instead of pinning your title hopes on them as soon as they arrive (which is effectively what Chelsea would be doing if they made him Drogba's replacement).[/quote']

maybe.

maybe not.

truth is neither of us know the answer to either questions.

i bought him quite a while back and am glad if he does end up at chelsea, lets see what the future holds for him.