AFONSO ALVES Martins

Fryslanbop

Re: Afonso alves

Barcelona are chasing Heerenveen striker Afonso Alves.

Ronaldinho has urged Barca management to go for his fellow Brazilian, who has struck an astonishing 34 goals in Holland this season.

Alves, who has scored a staggering five hat-tricks for Heerenveen this term, is rated at over £20 million by his Dutch club.

i dont believe that barca will pay 25m for a player who plays in such a poor quality of league. Good player though

i think that's a very harsh judgement on the guy's post and also on the dutch league in general. i've also heard that barca are looking seriously at afonso alves along with valencia who are actively in the market for a new striker.

i dont believe that barca will pay 25m for a player who plays in such a poor quality of league. Good player though

Very rash.

You are implying, indirectly, that Bergkamp, van Basten, van der Vaart, Sneijder,Davids and Babel are not worth that much.

Come on. Im pretty sure no one would hesistate to spend money on players of this quality.

The Dutch standard is good, there is just a lack of competition.

The same, IMO, could be said of the EPL, where I can bet 3126785623785678923465237895629378 pounds that Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool will fly away from the rest.

There simply only is a distinct difference in quality between the best and the rest.

ok' date=' then when was the last time a dutch league player went for above 20m?[/quote']

There has never been a player who has left the Dutch league for more than £20 million, the closest player was Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

The only Dutch player EVER to move clubs for more than £20 million was Marc Overmars for around £21.5 million from Arsenal to Barcelona who is, surprisingly, Barcelona's most expensive player ever.

ok' date=' then when was the last time a dutch league player went for above 20m?[/quote']

Afonso Alves is 26, right?

Now Babel, Sneijder and van der Vaart have ages to go before they are that age.

I bet, when those players are at 26 yrs, clubs interested (with the dosh) would not hesistate to pay 25 mil for those Dutch players.

Those 3 are better than so many English players, although they come from the 'poor' Dutch league.

What is Robben's value now? Id say maybe 20 mil.

van Persie? Maybe 15-20 mil.

vdV? Perhaps 15-20 mil.

Babel, hes still young, but at 20 could fetch Ajax 10-12 mil.

Sneijder? Easily 15 mil.

And yet players like Bale, Carrick and Hargreaves cost so much.

Bale is young and hasnt proven himself. He has played for his national team, but come on Wales arent really that good.

Babel has played in WC for a Top 5 country. All of those Dutchmen have.

Carrick is so not worth 18.6 mil.

Neither is Hargreaves.

English players are overrated, and overpriced.

If Barca want to play 25 mil for Alves, there has to be a reason. He is a good player, an astonishing finisher.

Sneijder is way better than Carrick or Hargreaves, so is vdV. They CARRY their teams.

Im hungry.

• 5 months later...

Re: afonso alves

Has only played 2 games this season out of 7. Cant raise his rating on one game. If you want to see a 92 in dutch football look no further than Mr klass Jan Hunterlaar who will get at least that next time. ( goals in 7 games, played all 3 dutch euro quals and has 2 goals in 2 uefa games )

Has only played 2 games this season out of 7. Cant raise his rating on one game. If you want to see a 92 in dutch football look no further than Mr klass Jan Hunterlaar who will get at least that next time. ( goals in 7 games' date=' played all 3 dutch euro quals and has 2 goals in 2 uefa games )[/quote']

you're so wrong, alves has outscored huntelaar, in both of the last two seasons, alves scored 5 hat-tricks last season, come on.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you're so wrong' date=' alves has outscored huntelaar, in both of the last two seasons, alves scored 5 hat-tricks last season, come on.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/quote']

Which of the last 2 seasons?!? Alves first year in Dutch league was last season scored 34 goals.

5 Hat-tricks. So what does that tell you he is more of a one trick pony as he scored almost half of his goals in 5 games.

I am not arguing that Alves isn't a good player, he should be rated higher. He is reigning Dutch League player of the year.

Now you look at Huntelaar whom should be a 92 or 93. He plays regularly for the Dutch national team and scores (also scored many goals for Nederlands U-21 team). He has scored 63 goals in his last 71 league games in Dutch league. He has been a scoring machine period in the Dutch leagues...far better than that Farfan whom is 92.

Mr. Jimmy Carr, please get your facts straight first. Then just think how you are posting, because you aren't backing anything up by saying he scored 7 in one game...oh and then he only got 1 the next. Why didn't he get 7 again if he is so great? it was just a lucky day.

• 2 weeks later...

10 goals in 4 now. :)

im not even going to reply to the previous post as he obviously doesnt have a clue what he is talking about. "7 goals in one game doesnt prove anything". :D :D :rolleyes: jesus. you also convey that scoring 5 hat-tricks is a bad thing, :rolleyes:

does 10 in 4?

EDIT: just read more,it gets worse!!! "why didnt he score 7 again if he is so great?" :D i can hardly contain myself!!! im nearly in tears