Has the inevitable happened?

Has the inevitable happened?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • I am a clueless ape with no opinion.

I suppose, given the number of complaints about SM the game, that someone was eventually going to raise this point but surely i'm not the only one to notice the dire lack of activity on the forum in the last couple of months?

I'm subscribed to around 8 threads in which i post regularly and i reckon, on a good day now, there'll be about 20 posts in total in said threads? That's pathetic. I only come back to this forum out of habit and the fact you can talk about anything. But the number of posters seems to be getting lower by the day.

If SM actually give a toss about their game, i suggest they try and arrest this slide immediately. Otherwise, end of forum, end of game.

Re: Has the inevitable happened?

I suppose' date=' given the number of complaints about SM the game, that someone was eventually going to raise this point but surely i'm not the only one to notice the dire lack of activity on the forum in the last couple of months?

I'm subscribed to around 8 threads in which i post regularly and i reckon, on a good day now, there'll be about 20 posts in total in said threads? That's pathetic. I only come back to this forum out of habit and the fact you can talk about anything. But the number of posters seems to be getting lower by the day.

If SM actually give a toss about their game, [b']i suggest they try and arrest this slide immediately.[/b] Otherwise, end of forum, end of game.

Any ideas how they should go about it?

And does the game really rely on the forum as much as it once did -with the advent of all this ingame chat/facebook links etc.

regards

Clueless ape

Any ideas how they should go about it?

And does the game really rely on the forum as much as it once did -with the advent of all this ingame chat/facebook links etc.

regards

Clueless ape

My first suggestion would be to listen to their paying customers.

From what i can see, the game is in a complete wreck. I played it for 4 years and eventually it drove me away over something completely solvable. I have not got a clue what the game relies on.

My first suggestion would be to listen to their paying customers.

From what i can see' date=' the game is in a complete wreck. I played it for 4 years and eventually it drove me away over something completely solvable. I have not got a clue what the game relies on.[/quote']

I know it's intertwined but I expect you are referring to the Forum only.

Has the forum retained a sense of importance to the game-or is it just another add-on designed to give mods something to do?

I know it's intertwined but I expect you are referring to the Forum only.

Has the forum retained a sense of importance to the game-or is it just another add-on designed to give mods something to do?

I think it certainly still has some importance. Threads on game worlds like EC 7046 attracts people to that set up and therefore keep playing the game.

I think it certainly still has some importance. Threads on game worlds like EC 7046 attracts people to that set up and therefore keep playing the game.

Maybe, just maybe the problem is us-the forumers?

Have we helped the casual forumer-the guys who just check for team help etc? Have we made it an appealing Forum? Where's the creativity, inventiveness or carefree banter that once existed-maybe it's gone to PM's and profile messaging instead? Maybe the UK/Europe core of forumers who dominated gradually found other things to do, and there have been insufficient replacements/additions?

It's an interesting point Infernito you have bought up-and made more so with your past history of running afoul of the forum-and yet instead of rubbing your hands with glee as it dies you roll up your sleeves and try to heap a bit of fertilizer on it. ;):)