Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

тσм_мғϲ

Re: Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

Lazio v Udinese

The famous Olimpico is the venue for Lazio and Udinese in the Italian Cup 2nd Round. Udinese got a bye from the last round. Lazio just edged past on Penalties against Cesena but played youths with the oldest player just being 21.

Lazio have changed formation for the match tonight and 10 changes have been made.

LAZIO (3-4-1-2):

Kozacik ©

Belleri

Xavier

Pasanen

Donovan

Manfedini

Benayoun

Khokhlov

Alvaro

Svensson

Bogdani

Good Luck Havoc ;)

B)

The season so far..

2018.jpg

..At Ajax

In the league..?

Ajax started the campaign well with an away win at Vitesse Arnhem, with goals from Cassio Lincoln and Luis Suarez sealing the win. Jeremie Brechet and Fernando Belluschi rescued a point in Ajax's next match at home to Club Brugge. Fernando Belluschi struck twice as Ajax went past Sparta Rotterdam in the Amsterdam ArenA. And a seven goal thriller saw Ajax come out on top against AZ Alkmaar: goals from Edgar Davids, Cassio Lincoln and a Klaas-Jan Huntelaar double gave Ajax the away win. Alberto Luque scored the only goal as Ajax won 1-0 at home to Westerlo, before the first league loss was experienced to the league leaders Roda JC, as goals from Lincoln, Suarez and Huntelaar weren't enough. But Ajax got back on form with three league wins in a row against GBA(3-1); FC Utrecht(1-0); FC Brussels(9-0);

D.jpg

Ajax boss Ross Philp spoke today at a press conference in the Amsterdam ArenA: ''Well its my first time managing here in Holland, and I am loving it. The team are winning almost every week, and we have made this wonderful stadium here, somewhat of a fortress. If you win your home games, its a boost for the league, and its a boost for the whole club. We are currently sitting top of the league, three points clear of second-placed Feyenoord. But next up we have PSV, and it will be a tough match in Eindhoven against a well-organised side, despite their poor form of late''.

What about the domestic cups..?

''I will always give the players who don't get a game week in week out in the league, a chance to prove themselves in the domestic cups. This way, the lesser players' performances won't affect our league position, and I can gain an indication of where we are at. So far its looking good as a few key players have been missing, and the others have filled in superbly'', said Ajax boss Ross Philp earlier.

On Monday November 12th, Ajax exited the Holland & Belgium Cup in the first round to FC Twente. As Philp said, he fielded a second string side and they weren't strong enough for the challenge of league flyers FC Twente. Two first half goals from Stijn Huysegems and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie sealed Ajax's fate, and meant they will take no further action in the competion this season.

With the players in no cup action tonight, Philp gave the boys the night off, as they took time to reflect on this morning's Holland & Belgium Shield, Round 2 draw. Ajax were awarded a bye in the first round, and have now been paired with FC Utrecht in the second round of this year's competition. FC Utrecht are ninth in the league and currently managerless, but at home they are a decent outfit. Ajax beat them under one week ago in Da Galgenwaard by one goal to nil, and will be looking for the same.

So, up and coming fixtures are..?

''We have a tough set of fixtures now, and it will be tough on the players. But we are well capable of prevailing in the competitions that are on their way. I have a very strong squad with good depth, and we should get through this busy time'', said Philp.

un1.jpg

Ajax play important games over the next month-and-a-half as there European campaign begins on Friday, as they open Group E with an away tie at Werder Bremen. The group which involves the German side, along with Lyon and Fenerbahce will no doubt be tough for the Dutch giants, as the group stages end on January 4th.

In between the six group games in the SMFA Champs Cup, the team will play in a maximum of three competitions, dependant on their match on Monday in Round 2 of the Holland & Belgium Shield. They also face Feyenoord, Anderlecht, FC Twente and Heerenveen in the league in their forthcoming matches. It will be hard for them.

''The players will get us through it''

So far, Ajax have had many star performers in their side and have scored an amazing 27 goals in 9 league matches. The average of three goals per game is an impressive return, with the defence and keeper Stekelenburg losing eleven goals at the back.

Luis Suarez, the club's top goalscorer has went a long way as to making sure of Ajax's league position at the moment. With eight goals in as many games (missing one to suspension) Suarez has been more prolific than his strike partner and captain of the club, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

915687_657_1188747472570-Ajax_-_Gron_Suarez_400.jpg

The midfield, boosted by the signings of Cassio Lincoln, Fernando Belluschi and Evgeni Aldonin, has been significant in the winning of Ajax's seven league matches. The top performer has been Lincoln who moved from Galatasaray for a bargain £7,500,000, and has averaged a performance rating of 7.88, with six goals in eight.

spormania_6725-lincoln20ap.jpg

Ruano Alexis, Urby Emanuelson, Jeremie Brechet and at times Thomas Vermaelen, have been fantastic and have conceded on average, only just over one goal per game. The fantastic defensive record has been welcomed by manager Ross Philp, as has the performance of new signing Ruano Alexis. Moving from Valencia, Philp was uneasy as Jaap Stam went in the other direction, but the move has paid off so far in season one

alexis-1.jpg

DEPORTIVO CRUISE INTO 3RD ROUND OF SPANISH CUP

Deportivo thrashed Las Palmas 4-0 to go into the 3rd round of the spanish cup and meet villareal, it was a grat performance tonite the lads enjoyed playing there football with Schroth finding is feet since his arrival by getting two goals,

Deportivo took an early lead as BODIPO thumped it into the top corner following a through ball in the 3rd min..

with deportivo piling on the pressure, SCHROTH nods the ball home from a corner 29th min....

CHRISTAIN takes the credit after his shot took a deflection 39th min..

SCHROTH gets his second after a fumble by the keeper 53rd min

schroth had a standing appluse from the deportivo fans on the 60th min has he was replaced by taborda....

NEWS FROM FC BAYERN

BAYERN WON AGAINST RIVAL LEVERKUSEN IN CUP EVENING

Bayern München - Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 (2-1) (penalties 4-3)

Goals: García Marcos (23'), Hamit Altintop (29') and Teofanis Gekas (37'), Gabriel Danilo (61')

news_manset_resim_gi_Hamit002.jpg

Goalscorer Hamit lead the team, deserved the Man of the Match title

20070807kahn580.jpg

Olli Kahn performed well again at penalty shoot-out

From Sheffield to PSG

Paris Saint-Germain have appointed well-known manager Sir Travis to take over the club. "I started from Charlton, VfL Wolfsburg, Northampton Town, FC Zurich, Sheffield United before PSG. I will stick to PSG as they are a great team." The PSG board was hardly alarmed at the number of teams under his managment. A spokesman said " Charlton made 3 useful buys, same for Wolfsburg. Northampthon and Zurich, Sheffield all won."

Taken over CSKA and they are in a dyer state of affairs. i think something went on to be honest. Im in desperate need of 88 midfielders accross the board and a 88 striker would be lovely Iv got a air bit of money so i can buy them for fair prices. Please please sell me some playes people lol.

Btw, just before i left for uni and thus not came on here much im not to sure how to communicate with SM. Is it still the support@soccermanager.com address ???

Btw' date=' just before i left for uni and thus not came on here much im not to sure how to communicate with SM. Is it still the [email']support@soccermanager.com[/email] address ???

Heya Adam you have to create a support ticket now, which you can access from the front page of your SM account, the one that shows just after you sign in, its near the messages bit towards the top of the page above the teams.

Lazio go 3rd!

:)

Lazio have gone 3rd in Seria 'A' after beating Atlanta 1-0. On-Loan star Yossi Benayoun got the goal after coming off the bench to score past the fellow Italian team. Lazio were ordered to be watchful over Atlanta's two strikers, who have got 14 goals between them this season. Sinar bursted out in joy after the final whistle and ran on the pitch saying that this is only the beginning.

Sinar said," Absolutely brilliant result, we're still unbeaten since our 1st game which we lost and it shows that if you don't lose, you go high places in the Table and it's moved us 3rd. We've got a game against Dinamo Bucaresti in the SMFA Champs Cup which we'll play our 2nd team against I'd say a NMF team. The day after we'll have the whole squad back and raring to go against Udinese who also have a SMFA Shield game so the Lads will get the day off on Friday and we'll hopefully get the result we want".

The win moves Lazio to 3rd place, 4 points behind leaders Genoa and Juventus who are also doing quite well. 1 point ahead of Milan who are in 4th place.

Lazio-Roma.png

355.gifRacing Genk 0-2 Feyenoord192.gif

Scorers

Jonathan De Guzman (Feyenoord), 5 mins

Aiyegbeni Yakubu (Feyenoord), 40 mins

Feyenoord kept the pressure up on Ajax with an away win against Racing Genk, Feyenoord really should have won by more than two goals with having eighteen shots to Racing Genk's five and with sixty two percent of possesion but Feyenoord will be happy to keep their winning run going.

DEPORTIVO MOVE INTO THE TOP 6

Gazlads deportivo moved into 5th place after a fine 3-2 win against almeria, deportivo are finding there feet slowly and are now looking in good form going into the 3rd round of the spanish cup and now moving into the top 5 and 5 points of top spot..

Paris Saint-Germain in convinging win

A second sting squad was sent out, and the repaid the manager faith by giving him a debut win. Landreau was fantastic throughout the game, keeping Rennes at bay. Before the match, Sir Travis was caught on camera swearing "Holy ****, I am supposed to have 4 keepers? And only 18 senior players including the 4 keepers?"

Werder Bremen 0 0 Bayern Leverkuson

Bremen continue their downfall since they lost 4-0 in a Shock Result to MSV Duisburg. Bremen drew with Bayern Leverkuson 0-0 as they had 60 Rated Forward in defence instead of Burdisso or Camara

:confused:

Bremen were the better team but could not just find the back of net. The best chance of the game was probably in the 87th Minute were Lucho Gonzalez had an open goal but Whacked it over the Crossbar.

This means Bremen fall down to 3rd as Bayern Munich won their game but Bremen Still continue their Undefeated season in the league.Werder Bremen now face experienced manager Ross Philip and his Ajax team in the SMFA Champs Cup on the 30th November.

Werder Bremen Season so far.

Werder-Bremen.png

Sir Mike and his Werder Bremen are currently 3rd in the league and are still undefeated in the league. They started the campaign well with an away win at Arminia Bielefeld, with the one goal from Torsten Frings to win the game. Bremen then went down in form only securing 2 points from 2 games.

They then Bounced back winning 3 games in a row beating Hannover, Alemannia Aachener and 1 FC Nurnberg. Bremen then had to face League leaders Hertha Berlin, the match ended in a 1-1 draw with man of the match Luis Fabiano clinching a Point 18 Minutes before time. Bremen moved up to 2nd and was only 2 points away from League Leaders Berlin after Beating MSV Duisburg and Karlsruher SC.

Werder.jpg

Next up were MSV Duisburg in the second round of the German Cup, Bremen had put Youngster Androutsos, with so much pressure on the 18 year old Sir Mike Believes he couldn't cope and let in 4 Goals all before Half Time. Wiese was put in goal and Kept no more goals coming in but it was to late for Bremen. Just 2 days later Bremen had to face a strong Bayer Leverkusen who were looking to win but could only get a point.

Werder Bremen have made some good Transfers this season seeing the likes of Luca Toni, Michael Essien and more great players coming to the Weserstadion. But Bremen had to see Star duo Diego Ribas and Per Mertesacker both leave to Chelsea.

p1_facup_0518.jpg

NEWS FROM BAYERN

DERBY WIN FOR REDS

VfB Stuttgart - Bayern München 0-1 (0-0)

Goal: Lukas Podolski (71')

podolski_DW_Sport_M_294170g.jpg

Poldi scoring the winning goal

"There is only one Bayern!"

"That was a very great win against rival Stuttgart. I'm very satisfied. It was a tough match and we have a tough week. I have to say something to Sir Mike Giggs: There is only ONE Bayern in the league. Leverkusen is BAYER and not BAYERN. And its LEVERKUSEN. I think every manager has to know the opponent.. And at least: has to know who is the opponent. This is a big problem around here.. Of course I dont want to be rude, just a little correction for my collegue. I know he is new here at Germany, thats why are trying to correct him."

NEWS FROM BAYERN

DERBY WIN FOR REDS

VfB Stuttgart - Bayern München 0-1 (0-0)

Goal: Lukas Podolski (71')

podolski_DW_Sport_M_294170g.jpg

Poldi scoring the winning goal

"There is only one Bayern!"

"That was a very great win against rival Stuttgart. I'm very satisfied. It was a tough match and we have a tough week. I have to say something to Sir Mike Giggs: There is only ONE Bayern in the league. Leverkusen is BAYER and not BAYERN. I think every manager has to know the opponent.. And at least: has to know who is the opponent. This is a big problem around here.. Of course I dont want to be rude' date=' just a little correction for my collegue."[/b']

:eek: How could I forget? Good to know you read my Post :)

Road to the Final ....

B)

Here Lazio have a mission. To get in the SMFA Champs Cup Final. Lazio Manager Tom Sinar is looking to continue their brilliant results so far. Dinamo Bucaresti are Unmanaged and Sinar is looking to put his jinx past him tonight against a NMF Team. " Yes, we have a mission, but I will play it with my 2nd team. Bucaresti are doing quite well in their respective league and we hope to match them. After all, we're at home and it's like a Fortress there. I reckon we'll give them a hard time and challenge them to the end" Sinar added.

The formation stays the same but Sinar has opted for a Very Attacking option and Aggressive tackling.

LAZIO (4-5-1):

Hislop

Belleri

Abel Xavier

Shawcross

Pasanen

Manfredini

Firmani

Foxi

Alvaro

Donovan

Khokhlov

Enjoy the game and COME ON LAZIO!

B)

lazio.gif

414.gifWerder Bremen 2-1 Ajax180.gif

Werder Bremen started their SMFA Champs Cup Campaign with a 2-1 Win over Ajax at home. Both Teams started with a 3-5-2 Formation and both teams starting line ups had their top Players in them. The Win means Bremen go second in the table as 10 man Lyon crushed Fenerbache 6-2 in

Turkey.

A Luis Suarez toe poke opened the scoring for Ajax with just 11 Minutes thanks to Bremens sloppy defending. Just 2 Minutes later Clemente Luis Fabiano made a foraging run across the pitch and striked the ball in the back of the net to make the Crowd go wild. Both Teams were battling to get the ball for most first half but none of them could get anything out of it.

915687_657_1188747472570-Ajax_-_Gron_Suarez_400.jpg

Luis Suarez celebrating for Ajax

After the break both of teams were more then ready to play football, the first 25 Minutes of the second half saw a number of misses from both teams as they looked to break the deadlock. Then out of nowhere Michael Essien using all his power broke his way into the box and lashed out the winning goal to beat Stekelenburg.

essien_416x300.jpg

Man of Match Essien

"I'm proud of my team we played brilliantly, fair play to Ross and his Ajax team they battled till the very end"Said Sir Mike Giggs

"We now face Mr HoW and his Bayern it will be tough but the Lads are confident and have put that shock defeat behind them"

We'll bounce back

B)

Those were the words of Sinar as there 2nd team crashed to a 2-1 defeat to Dinamo Bucaresti's NMF 1st team.

Sinar added," Why on earth does people play Players knowing that they'll be NMF, they might as well quit if they intend just to wreck the Club. On a brighter note, we have a fully fit squad for tomorrow and Havoc's Udinese is NMF but yet again.... we don't know what will happen but we'll do our best".

lazio.gif

508.gifOB 1-4 Feyenoord192.gif

Scorers

Danny Buijs (Feyenoord), 9 mins

Carneiro Keirrison (Feyenoord), 33 mins

Luigi Bruins (Feyenoord), 41 mins

Mohammed Abubakari (Feyenoord), 81 mins

Johan Absalonsen (OB), 51 mins

Feyenoord put out their reserve team for tonight's SMFA Shield 1st round match against OB but still managed to win 4-1 which sounds a very convincing result but the game was far from convinving, Feyenoord had 4 shots on target and scored all 4 shots so it was a display of clinical finishing from Feyenoord.

Feyenoord will now be away from home to Norwegian outfit Rosenborg in the next round but that is far from the thoughts of the Feyenoord manager who now has to prepare his team for Feyenoord's league game tommorow against Heracles Almelo, the Feyenoord manager was furious in his after match interview about this situation that sees his team play two games in two days and is now struggling to put out a fit team for the league game tommorow.