Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

тσм_мғϲ

Re: Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

Valencia Advance with another win in the cup

Valencia 4 - 0 Celta Vigo

Valencia absolutly dominated with this result and with it sees them advance to the next round

Anelka got 2 goals and MOM for his fabulous performance

youngstars Knudtzon and Gavilan scored as well with his first goal under manager Turna

Lazio are through to the Quarter Final of the Italian Shield. They beat Vicenza 1-0 with the goal coming from Yossi Benayoun. They now face a NMF Triestina in 13 days.

"I believe we can reach the finals and do Italy proud. We need to prove that Italy is the best league in GC9 and we will. Well done to the lads for last night".

For those in the Italian League reading this:

Let's take home the Silverware out of GC9 and have the bragging rights! B)

let me just clear up all this situation, spain is the place to be and will surly clear up all trophies, as for me i will not as my zaragoza are allready out :P played youth team against germio, im playin my youth wednesday aswell against gazlads deportivo, but being 2nd placed i think i have done a great job :) SPAIN FTW

Personly Porto Real Madrid & Lyonais & Valencia Look Very Strong

Being Valencia its nice to see my name of the list and im already unbeaten at the champs cup at the moment and dont intend on loosing. Madrid are also unbeaten in it so Spain is STRONG

Spain Looks Strong BUT Has Had Weak SHIELD this Season, This Shows In The Co-Efficients.

My Money If I had Any & Could Bet :P Is On Either Madrid Or Valencia (But Will Be In La Liga Destract Them? Same Goes For Porto in Tough League

Lyoanis Perhaps Maybe Celtic ;)

Spain Looks Strong BUT Has Had Weak SHIELD this Season' date=' This Shows In The Co-Efficients.

My Money If I had Any & Could Bet :P Is On Either Madrid Or Valencia (But Will Be In La Liga Destract Them? Same Goes For Porto in Tough League

Lyoanis Perhaps Maybe Celtic ;)[/quote']

i think ive done alright in the la liga so far got them from 10th to 5th and have enough players to cover positions so i can rest major ones for major games.

Lyon will struggle i think due to their lack of numbers(very small team) but the manager of them has done well so far.

Porto - Celtic to be honest has alot of easy teams in their league so can rest major players for when they are needed but upsets do happen and both have been on form from their last games so anything is possible

And I'll agree with that ;)

Twente can concentrate on the league now as out of both cups' date=' face leaders Ross' Ajax tomorrow :)[/quote']

And as I'm basically out of the SMFA Champs Cup then I am playing my strongest team, even though eight of them are NMF atm :rolleyes:.

Bilyaletdinov will debut tomorrow, and with Luis Suarez up front, the league already has my name on it :).

Really hope that Torley wins the SMFA Shield, and that Greig does well as he seems to be well on the way to qualifying ahead of Manchester United :eek:!

Porto Cant rest Anyone there in a very tough league & are currently 6th B)

Celtic Ya i Play nearly all my League Games With my 2nd Team :D

Is it just me or have you noticed a recent increase in goals scored against unmanaged teams in Gold Championships in particular.

In GC8 here were lthe results a few weeks ago' date=' with not much difference in the weeks after this:

Rangers [b']7[/b]-1 Airdrie United

Hearts 6-0 St Johnstone

Livingston 1-5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Dundee 0-6 Celtic

There has been an increase in it recent weeks, its just that I noticed it more in Gold 8 because I always check the Hearts score, hoping they have slipped up after I rested teams due to the SMFA Champs Cup [GEORGE :mad:]

Valencia showing more class with a 3 - 1 win over Espanyol

Gavilan , Oliveira and Joaquin scored for Valencia and Joaquin also got MOM

Valencia are now 5 points behind leaders Barca, Madrid and Zaragoza since Madrid lost to Barca

ITS ON NOW!

180.gif188.gif

Ajax 1-1 FC Twente

The last time these two sides met, saw it at the same venue but in a different competition, being the Holland & Belgium Cup. George's FC Twente ran out 2-0 winners against Philp#s reserve side, but with the SMFA Champs Cup now distant, the Ajax boss fielded as strong a side as he could. A win for Twente could've seen them go top.

On loan from PSV, representing FC Twente, Ismael Aissati saw an early overhead kick fly wide before his lob just went over Stekelenburg's crossbar. The breakthrough came early after 12 minutes, as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar gave Ajax the lead. The Dutch striker cooly slotted the ball home after some neat footwork. And two chances in two minutes could've put Ajax further ahead as Davids had his effort cleared off the line and Emanuelson headed onto the roof of the net. The match was end to end as at one end Nestor Muslera tipped a Suarez shot onto the crossbar before at the other end, an Orlando Engelaar chip came back off the Ajax crossbar.

1149849732.jpg

((Captain Klaas-Jan Huntelaar got his first goal for a while to restore his early season confidence. Yet he couldn't break down the Twente defence again, to get the win))

Aissati started well again, with another lob going just over; before his team mate Nicolas Domingo blasted his shot onto the crossbar with Twente in the ascendancy. In the 69th minute a long ball over the top of the Ajax defence was superbly controlled, as Nicolas Domingo volleyed past the motionless Stekelenburg in the Ajax goal. The goal sparked the hosts into life as Belluschi's shot flew wide; Maduro's chip was cleared off the line; and an easy tap-in from Cassio Lincoln went wide after he had already missed a golden opportunity to restore Ajax's lead. In the 78th minute, Edgar Davids was dismissed for a dangerous two-footed tackle, given a straight red card.

38218.jpg

((Davids' red card twelve minutes from time could prove costly for his team at such a busy stage in the season. Manager Ross Philp was very displeased at the challenge))

The results saw much movement in the league tonight as Feyenoord lost 6-1 at home to Heerenveen as they moved up to second replacing Feyenoord. Anderlecht beat Standard Liege 2-1 in Belgium, with the league now much tighter and looking like so:

1. Ajax 16 10 4 2 42 21 21 / 34pts

2. Heerenveen 16 10 3 3 30 12 18 / 33pts

--------------------------------

3. FC Twente 16 9 5 2 27 12 15 / 32pts

4. Feyenoord 16 10 2 4 34 23 11 / 32pts

---------

Holland & Belgium Shield

Quarter Final

AJAX 2-1 AZ ALKMAAR

This quarter final Shield win over giants AZ was Ajax's first win in five and pleased Ross Philp as he looks to go on and win the trophy. Demy De Zeeuw gave the visitors the lead and it stayed that way until half-time. Second half goals from Francesco Tavano and none other than Luis Suarez meant Ajax moved to the semi final of the competition.

Semi Final fixtures

Ajax - GBA

Heerenveen - Anderlecht

192.gifFeyenoord 1-6 Heerenveen205.gif

Scorers

Carneiro Keirrison (Feyenoord), 84 mins

Martins Afonso Alves (Heerenveen), 14 mins

Gianni Zuiverloon (Heerenveen), 19 mins

Thomas Prager (Heerenveen), 43 mins

Michel Breuer (Heerenveen), 46 mins

Thomas Prager (Heerenveen), 69 mins

Martins Afonso Alves (Heerenveen), 78 mins

Feyenoord put in their worst performance of the season and were comprehensively beaten by red hot Heerenveen, the result was 6-1 to Heerenveen and Feyenoord can have no complaints because they were rubbish, Martins Afonso Alves and Thomas Prager both bagged a brace while the other Heerenveen goals came from Gianni Zuiverloon and Michel Breuer and the only consolation for Feyenoord was a goal from young Brazilian Carneiro Keirrison.

Feyenoord have now lost two games on the trot and it does not bode well for their SMFA Shield tie against Racing Santander, if they want to progress to the semi finals then they will have to get the finger out because the team has been absolutely mince in the last two games.

Osasuna new manager 1st match in charge is against Barcelona

Osasuna have just hired a new manager, and here's what the manager words "We are only targeting the Shield, no SMFA competitions, so I don't see why we need those players on loan. We will need a LB and CM, so anyone sell the players, pleas contact me."

NEWS FROM FC BAYERN

Hertha got the first defeat

Hertha BSC Berlin - Bayern München 0-3 (0-2)

Goals: Miroslav Klose (12'), Martin Demichelis (40'), Valeri Bojinov (78')

bojinov_558090.jpg

Bojinov scored again as a sub

"I thought they are unbeatable"

Wow, what a win! I was worried before the match, because Hertha was unbeatable, but now it seems they are not. I'm happy with this win, and its a good feeling that we are the first who were able to beat that great side! Commented by Mr HoW