Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

тσм_мғϲ

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

345_1203409714.gif

Toulouse secure Champs cup football next season tonight with 4 games to go.

Its a straight battle for the league title now between Toulouse and Lyon with only goal difference seperating the clubs at the moment.

1 Lyon 34 24 6 4 93 33 60 78

2 TOULOUSE 34 24 6 4 94 39 55 78

391_1195739653.gif

Kahn will hang up his boots

610x.jpg

The veteran Kahn Titan will retire

Bayern München's veteran goalkeeper, Oliver Kahn has only four official games left in his professional career. With around 100 number of appearances for Mr HoW's side, he will say goodbye at the end of the season. "I think its enough now, I'm 39 years old, its time to retire now and let the young talents play!" said Olli. It was announced before that the veteran will retire soon, but the time has come now. "We will miss Olli, he is a great keeper, we can thank much to him, we all accept his decision." commented by Mr HoW

No new target for his role

I think its time for Rensing now. He has learned a lot from Olli, I think he is ready for the first team appearance, he is ready now." said Mr HoW. "I'm totally excited, I'm 100% determined to play, I'm really ready for it, I just cant wait for the new season!" said Rensing. "He is a great keeper, I think he is strong enough for being Bayern's no 1. keeper." said Oliver Kahn.

Michael-Rensing-sch_184468g.jpg

Rensing will be the 1st choice keeper? Really up for it?

Farewell match for Olli?

Mr HoW is looking for a farewell match for Olli. "I really want to organise a farewell-friendly for Olli, a kind of retirement game. He deserves a little celebtation and a match which is only about him!" said Mr HoW.

Olli Kahn was in the starting 11 line up allways, never missed a single game under Mr HoW's guidenance. Oliver Kahn will stay at FC Bayern after his retirement, he will be the mentor and trainer of Rensing from next season.

391_1195739653.gif

Oliver Kahn's farewell match confirmed!

Bayern München will play Oliver Kahn's farewell match against Shelbourne's Champions League winner Celtic! Both clubs are happy about this match, and will be definitely great!! "We are very proud of this, playing against such a traditional club!" said Mr HoW. "I'm very happy, I've played so many games against Celtic in my career, they are a very good side, and after winning the Champions League, they are much better, they are the best opponent for a game like this!" said Oliver Kahn.

Oliver Kahn's Farewell Match - 2008. July 25:

391_1195739653.gif -- 421_1205815973.gif

Bayern München vs. Celtic

100px-Juventus-FC.png

Juventus Announce Their New Center Back

Ricardo Carvalho

400x400_RicardoCarvalhoNew.jpg

Palermo will be getting these two players in return for Carvalho.

Zdenek Grygera

30623-article-uejbb.jpg

and

Hasan Salihamidzic

322.jpg

Coach Dustin had this to say about the deal.

"Carvalho will be a great addition to our already great defense. We felt Grygera was expendable in order to get Carvalho and we granted Hasan's request for a transfer."

263_1202993588.gif

Winston guides Spartak to League glory!

Welsh manager Dai Winston has another SM GC Title under his belt as his Spartak Moskva team have won the Eastern Europe League with two games to go. They have finished above CSKA, managed by Winston's good friend Adam Johnson. The Welsh manager went on to say how proud he is of his team and stated that they will be after the cup titles next season.

Spartak achieved this by going on a remarkable 31 game unbeaten league run, in which they won 27 and drew just 4. A major factor of the success has to be the fact that Spartak exited the cup competitions early this season making the league thier main focus and being able to play their best team in almost every match.. The season is not over as there are two games left and Winston wants his team to win both remaining fixtures to win the league in style.

CHAMPIONES!!

2 Games to go and Liverpool could be without SMFA Cup

liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

Liverpool tonight drew 2-2 with Chelsea who sit 3rd in the league while Liverpool were 4th going into tonights game. Due to this result and Tottenham Hotspur defeated Everton in a convincing 4-1 win.

The game was even and a draw was a fair result even though Liverpool equalised in the 88th minute through a second from David Suazo.

Payne is determined to prove Liverpool are made of the right stuff and has offered his players a payout if they can get into the SMFA Cup next season.

421_1205815973.gif

THE CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB TRIPLE TRIUMPH

Celtic Football Club, Players & Fans Alike Celebrated Long Into Thursday Morning As They Completed The League, Scottish Cup & Champs Cup After a 4-1 Victory At Kilmarnock.

It Means That Rag-Gers Can't Catch Up With The Celts With Two Games Still Remaining.

Shunsuke Nakamura Claimed The Applauds Debatably Scoring The Winner Sending The Large Travling Support Crazy.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=09mEt1Ar8vs&feature=related

It Could Have Been A Quad Sucess However Celtic Went Out At The Quarter Final of The Scottish Shield To Minnows Gretna.

In Other News:

Celtic Will Play FC Bayern Munchen In There Final Game of The Season In Munich For Oli Kahn's Testimonial.

Celtic Also Hope To Play Anderlecht In The World Super Cup Match AT The Beginning of Next Season.

391_1195739653.gif

Bayern signed defender Servet

13882.jpg

Plays for Bayern from now on: Servet

Servet Cetin joined to Bayern München from Olympiacos for a fee around 12 million Euros. The "bear-garrotter" was happy to sign to München, immediately found himself in good company with his homies. Servet is the third Turkish player in Bayern's squad. "I'm happy to be here, its not so strange here, because Nihat and Hamit showed me everything and this helps me. I came here to win titles. I know that this season we wont get anything, but next season will be definitely different!" said newly signed Servet. "He is a great addition to the defensive line, a real character, a leader, a captain figure, which will help the team a lot! I'm very happy with my Turkish-trio!" said Mr HoW

Since i have been at Real Madrid, i have been a failure. Didnt even make it into SMFA Champs Cup after beening top of the table when i took over.

Would look to swap them, but they isnt a swap tool.

Im cursed in Spanish leagues and i never do well. Hopefully it's not like that for my Sevilla side. :( :(

W

345_1203409714.gif

Toulouse came second in the league tonight on goal difference from Lyon. Both teams ended the season on 87 points with 3rd place Saint-Etienne on 74 points.

Toulouse also won the French Cup and were runners up in the French Shield.

SoP said "This season exceded all expectations after finishing 6th in the league in season 1 and early knockouts of both cups and Europe. This season our 21 game winning streak in April, May and June set up all this sucess for us and I'm delighted for both the 1st team and the cup side. The cup side know they need to step up thier game in season 3 as we will be competing against the top teams of the setup again."

391_1195739653.gif

Second and second...

After the second season, Bayern finished second again in the league. With an almost perfect performance (unbeaten in 37 turns!!), Bayern lost his first game at the last turn against Werder, that means one lose for the Bavarian Giants in the league. "We finished second again, Hamburg seems to be cant lose.. However, in the league we got 4 points against them, they got 1, they are the league winners. We drewed too much at the start, that was a very bad serie for us, I think we can blame that a bit. But we wont give up, we are Bayern München, and I will stay at the club!" said Mr HoW

Profilic Klose

Miroslav Klose is still the best player in the league. With 30 goals he got the golden boot award again. Hamburg's Adriano scored 30 goals too, but Klose got the golden boot, and he had been voted as the season's best player too!

img.114246_t.jpg

Natural born striker: Miroslav Klose, the best again

Transfer news and reports will come soon..

306_1206064924.gif

Sao Paulo 9 -1 Chivas de Guadalajara

Sao Paulo finish the season with a dominating 9-1 victory against Chivas. 5 goals were even scored within the first 10 mins.

1: GOAL!! - Using all his skill Shabani NONDA darts past the defenders and drives the ball past the keeper!

2: GOAL!! - Sandro ALEX SILVA won't score an easier goal after a terrible back-pass falls short!

4: GOAL!! - Özgür ERMAN converts a fantastic cross with a well placed header!

6: GOAL!! - Where is the defence?!? Tamas HAJNAL is allowed too much space and he makes no mistake from 10 yards!

10: GOAL!! - Using his blistering pace Tamas HAJNAL leaves the defenders in his wake and chips the keeper with aplomb!

but 4:1 behind, Chivas just couldn't come back into the match and their defense just couldn't cope with Sao Paulo's fantastic offense.

51: GOAL!! - Torsten FRINGS climbs over the defender and heads into the corner of the net!

58: GOAL!! - A speculative chip by Sandro ALEX SILVA is fumbled by the hapless keeper and rolls agonisingly over the line!

66: GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Shabani NONDA! The keeper had no chance! Were running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

79: GOAL!! - Shabani NONDA turned quickly and fired a low shot into the bottom corner!

83: GOAL!! - A brilliant through-ball leaves Tamas HAJNAL with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places it! Great finish!

It's done!

Blancks celebrates Double with Sao Paulo

Shield and League

610x.jpg

robinho_wideweb__430x308.jpg

Player of the Season

111ge9.jpg

The 31 year old congolese, Shabani Nonda, has been crowned as player of the season. Contributing a fantastic 13 goals and 18 assists in just 19 matches for Sao Paulo

391_1195739653.gif

Oliver Kahn's Farewell Match

391_1195739653.gif BAYERN MÜNCHEN - CELTIC 3-2 (2-1)421_1205815973.gif

Goals: Bastian Schweinsteiger (14'), Mark van Bommel (35'), Franck Ribéry (83') and Shunsuke Nakamura (12'), Aiden McGeady (86')

Bayern München beat Champions League winner Celtic at Oliver Kahn's Farewell Match. After the match, tons of fans and players celebrated the veteran retired goalkeeper.

2.jpg610x.jpg

img.224115_t.jpg

Metzelder CB (90)

Krkic Bojan F (89) - (Reserved for friend, if not wanted will be loaned out to next person who would like him)

Ledesma CM (90)

Gago CM/DM (91)

Miguel Torres D (89)

Drente LM/LM (88)

Are all availabe to loan for the start of the season until the SMFA Shield starts.

Real Madrid are also on the lookout for a highly rated LM. Willing to offer Guti (92) and Baptista (92) in order to get one.

PSV ready for the new season!

201_1203106229.gif

PSV have proved that they are ready for a new season of dominance after missing out on Europe by two points last season.

They have shortlisted Affellay and Simons as unwanted and available for p/e deals.

PSV's six next games.

PSV vs Brussels - PSV should be looking gor a comfortable start to the season against a weaker Brussels team.

A no-nonsense attacking approach is going to be used against the Brussels team they did the double over last season.

Hopefully, if they win, it'll set their foundations and targets for the season.

Germinal Beerschot - PSV - An easier away task, but Austin is taking nothing for granted and helooks certain to name his strongest side in a bid to win the title.A win is expected.

Standard Liege - PSV.A harder away taks for PSV although they should hope to scrape out a win.A draw wont be too bad but not too good either,

PSV -Roda JC- A win will be expected at all costs in this match and Austin will go full out to ensure this.

Feyernood - PSV A really tough away math against the champions of Europe.Hopefully a draw will suffice, while PSV will plot to take full points in the next meeting.

PSV - Alkaamar - A hopeful win against a difficult side, but Austin's PSV should edge it.

Lets talk tactics...

PSV willl be adopting an attacking tactic for the season in the hope that it will work wonders as it has done in many other leagues.

Moe defensive tactics will be used against tougher teams like Ajax and Feyernood, but overall, attack will be the name of the game.

Formation.

PSV have a good versatile team, but this should be their basic style.

Gomes

KRomkamp --------Ben Haim------------Salcido-------Emmanuelson

----Culina-------------Mendez----------------Farfan

------------------------Affelay-------------

--------------Lazovic---------------Bravo.

Good luck to all competitors this season however:)

PSV ready for the new season!

201_1203106229.gif

PSV have proved that they are ready for a new season of dominance after missing out on Europe by two points last season.

They have shortlisted Affellay and Simons as unwanted and available for p/e deals.

PSV's six next games.

PSV vs Brussels - PSV should be looking gor a comfortable start to the season against a weaker Brussels team.

A no-nonsense attacking approach is going to be used against the Brussels team they did the double over last season.

Hopefully' date=' if they win, it'll set their foundations and targets for the season.

Germinal Beerschot - PSV - An easier away task, but Austin is taking nothing for granted and helooks certain to name his strongest side in a bid to win the title.A win is expected.

Standard Liege - PSV.A harder away taks for PSV although they should hope to scrape out a win.A draw wont be too bad but not too good either,

PSV -Roda JC- A win will be expected at all costs in this match and Austin will go full out to ensure this.

Feyernood - PSV A really tough away math against the champions of Europe.Hopefully a draw will suffice, while PSV will plot to take full points in the next meeting.

PSV - Alkaamar - A hopeful win against a difficult side, but Austin's PSV should edge it.[/color']

Lets talk tactics...

PSV willl be adopting an attacking tactic for the season in the hope that it will work wonders as it has done in many other leagues.

Moe defensive tactics will be used against tougher teams like Ajax and Feyernood, but overall, attack will be the name of the game.

Formation.

PSV have a good versatile team, but this should be their basic style.

Gomes

KRomkamp --------Ben Haim------------Salcido-------Emmanuelson

----Culina-------------Mendez----------------Farfan

------------------------Affelay-------------

--------------Lazovic---------------Bravo.

Good luck to all competitors this season however:)

Real Madris start there season against Real Betis tonight.

They will look for all three points.

Playing Farfan in a nice position there Austin, when he is a W/F and a right footed player..:rolleyes:

100px-Juventus-FC.png

Juventus are set to defend their title again

New Players

Nolberto Solano - Martin Palermo - Cristian Raul Ledesma - Carlos Tevez - Lorenzo De Silvestri

43_1215890682.jpg3474_1209755861.jpg3551_1210266621.jpg3684_1209755861.jpg10474_1209755861.jpg

Players Leaving

Zvjezdan Misimovic - Vincenzo Iaquinta

4812_1210094322.jpg2666_1209755861.jpg

---------------------------------------

Juventus are in Group F to start the Champions League.

They will be joined by these teams.

Chelsea

3rd place in the Premiership

21_1203862898.gif

Levski

Winners of Central Europe

361_1193120367.gif

Rangers

Runner up in Scotland

429_1202746505.gif

---------------------------------------

Expectations for the season

Repeat as Serie A champions

Win 1 domestic cup

Win the Champions League

and my second title defense starts today at Cagliari.

Good luck to everyone this season.

Real Madris start there season against Real Betis tonight.

They will look for all three points.

Playing Farfan in a nice position there Austin' date=' when he is a W/F and a right footed player..:rolleyes:[/quote']

you didnt think I was gonna use that formation did you, thats to fool any counter attacking wise guys out there:)

Invite me to a friendly for next week matey.

201_1203106229.gif

Task accomplished - PSV win!

PSv kicked off their season with a 1 - 0 home win over Brusell in a tougher match than was expected.

Nevertheless, PSV hung on and got the result they needed

201_1203106229.gif 1 - 0 590_1205123453.gif

PSV knew to win the game they needed to control it, and this they did,but the Brusells goalie, Cordie, was in top form tonight.

He repelled wave after wave of PSV attack, goiong for the mom award.

At half time, it was 0 - 0, and PSv were frustrated.

this clearly showed, as they started to lose their discipline, Farfan and Bravo getting booked for the home side.

But the deadlock was broken by PSV defender Kromkamp, who finished cleverly from a cross.

_42036666_kron_getty.jpg

1-0, and PSV held on to clinch the important result,

Title candidates Ajax and defending champions Feyernood won 2-0 and 5 - 1 respectively, propelling an exciting title race already.

Elsewhere Real Madrid lost at home to Betis,a disgraceful 1-0 to an average side.(I wonder what'll happen when they face my team...)

391_1195739653.gif

Interview with Bayern's new no1 goalkeeper: Michael Rensing

Hello Michael, You have played Your first match with Bayern, how do You feel, how do You rate Your performane?

Hello, oh yes, after two years long benchwarming, I got my real first test. I enjoyed the match against Hoffenheim, we won by 2-3, got two goals, but I'm not disappointed. The media said my rating was 7 out of 10, which is not so bad, but I want better, and want concede less goals. Our defensive line will be stronger when Lucio will return, but I must say I'm happy!

You became Bayern's number one goalie, who does it feel?

Oh, fantastic. Being a reserve keeper is hard, but its easy to understand that if Oli Kahn is an active player or match fit, then definitely he will be the number one, I never got problems with this. I'm happy that after Kahn, I got the number one, I've learned a lot from Kahn, and I still can, because he is my coach. I must do the best, because Bayern need a reliable keeper, so I want to prove that I deserve being Bayerns number one.

What do You think, what will You achieve this season?

We are playing in 4 competitions, so we must reserve our enegries for every matches. I believe that we can win at least one trophy this year, and hopefully the league will be that for example.

You have just signed a 5 year contract with Bayern, how do You rate this?

This definitely means that I am the first goalkeeper now at Bayern, I'm comitted with this.

Michael, thanks for talking us.

rensing_DW_Sport_Le_399599g.jpg

Rensing in action against Hoffenheim

391_1195739653.gif

Serious events at the Allianz Arena

Just after Rensing was officially offered by a 5 years contract, Champions League winner Celtic loaned young keeper Joe Hart to Bayern, and a day later, veteran greek goalie Antonis Nikopolidis signed a 4 year contract with Bayern. So, now what? Let Mr HoW answer..

So, Mr HoW, what happened exactly with the keeper role?

Oh well, after the match against Hoffenheim, we saw a few problems with Rensing's performance, and we decided to bring an another keeper in too, because we cant play a whole season with only one keeper. Then my friend, Shelbourne offered me Joe Hart on a loan, as a quick help. Hart was in the starting11 against Werder, but his performance was even worse then Rensing's. After that, I decided that Rensing has definitely got future here at FC Bayern, but he needs a little more time to learn from a veteran keeper "in action". Then I contacted to Nikopolidis, and he accepted my offer. So the goalkeeper state here is the following, I dont want to hear or see any more rumours: Nikopolidis will succeed Oli Kahn's first choice role, and Rensing will be the reserve keeper as he was, but he will play more matches now than in the previous seasons. I'm sure that this will be a huge improvement for him, and this will secure his performance for the furure!

grk1.jpg

"Grandfather" Nikopolidis will be Bayern's no1 keeper for a while

Picking off where we left off!

201_1203106229.gif

After their somewhat unimpressive away win against Brussells on opening match day, PSV took on Gerinal Beerschot away from home, hoping for their second consecutive victory in their title bid.

589_1191473593.gif 0 -3 201_1203106229.gif

The match got off to a dry start, neither side coming close in the first fe minutes of the match.

Farfan was booked early after a late challenge, and he was soon followed by Urby Emmanuelson, who committed handball.

The first goal of the game came from Farfan, whose earlier attempt was saved, but scored with a toe poke into the net.

Dank Lazovic added to the score immediately before half time, hitting powerfully into the onion bag.

PSV came out in the second half even more determined,and Omar Bravo scored the third goal soon after with a neat finish.

3-0, and a comortable victory which sees them win their first two matches and record two clean sheets.

10190.jpg

Lazovic, scored the second goal

jefferson-farfan.jpg

Farfan, opened the scoring.

02647ce9c8f5a027908216441045b329.jpg

Omar Bravo.Goal number 3!

Friendly match - Real Madrid vs PSV!

Real Madrid invited PSV to a friendly thinking they could unleash pain on them after their loss and draw against Real Betis and Numanicia.

163_1215035995.gif 0 - 1201_1203106229.gif

This was always going to bea a tough match, but PSV took the bull by the horn, controlling possesion and taking long shots.

But soon after, the opening goal came, after a fumble by Valdez saw Omar Bravo wih an easy chance.

Once they had the lead, PSV totally took control of the match, passing the ball at the back and playing some occasional long balls into the Real 6 yard box.

PSv went on to win the match by a goal to nil, silecing the home crowd.

02647ce9c8f5a027908216441045b329.jpg

Bravo, match winner and Manof The match!