Sign in to follow this  
тσм_мғϲ

Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

379_1192158033.gif

Steaua Bucureşti Return to Winning Ways

Title contenders Steaua returned to form with a 3-2 victory over Baník Ostrava at the weekend. Steaua had to come from behind twice, through Karamyan and Pavlyuchenko, before going onto win the game with a goal from Dica.

5426_1229444363.jpg3430_1232022382.jpg8690_1210236024.jpg

(Karamyan, Pavlyuchenko & Dica)

On Wednesday evening, Steaua followed up the victory with a 5-1 demolition of F.C. St. Gallen. The floodgates were opened by Bergressio after 9mins before two goals by N. Kovac, who has now scored 4 from 4 appearances since his recent transfer. Gallen then shot themselves in the foot with an O.G from Zellweger before pulling a goal back. Pavlyuchenko then compounded Gallen's misery with a late fifth.

7403_1210094609.jpg4706_1232736782.jpg3430_1232022382.jpg

(Bergressio, N. Kovac & Pavlyuchenko)

Re: Gold Championship 9 - Match reports / Transfers thread

cup.jpg

FC PORTO TAKE OUT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

porto.gifporto.gif

After taking over the job at FC Porto at the very end of Season 2, manager Adam Storo has taken FC Porto to the footballing summit today after winning the clubs first ever SM Champions League.

In a little over 2 seasons Mr Storo has amazed 4 trophies and a runners up spot in season 3 of the Mediterranean Shield. With FC Porto sitting 2 points behind the leaders in the league and having already won the Mediterranean Shield this season, there is a very high possibility they could also take out the treble.

Mr Storo was jubilant after todays victory and had a few words with some of the reporters.

"It's a terrific feeling winning the biggest club competition, I am so happy for the club, supporters and the players." "I was brought to Porto to win this cup and we had a 3 year plan in which to do this. It's great it has come in only my second season and I couldn't be happier."

"I think the key that turned us into a winning team were the purchases of Eto and Xavi. I was so glad when they signed on and this gave Porto that completed team feeling. We had the boss and general in the middle of the field and the best striker in the world up front. These were the 2 areas I pin pointed last season that we needed to recruit for and you couldn't of asked for 2 better players, they are the best in the world in their positions."

When asked if they could go on to win the league and complete the grand task of a treble, Mr Storo said this. " I think we are in a good position. I have been changing the squad around each week to really focus on the Champs League and I can tell you to be only 2 points off the league with 10 games to play I think we are in a perfect position. I expected to be a little lower in the league as we concentrated fully on the cup but opposition results have been kind to us."

" The only bad point to come from today's game was losing Xavi for around 3 weeks with an injury. He will be missed for sure and while I also still have Marquez out long term the team will need to stand up again and put that extra effort in to win this. I believe we can do it."

379_1192158033.gif

Steaua Bucureşti Pull Further Clear

Steaua put further distance between themselves and their nearest rivals Dinamo with a 5-0 victory at SV Mattersburg, with a hat-trick from Karamyan and goals from N. Kovac and Golanski in between.

This is the second time in a week that Steaua have hit five, following the 5-1 demolition of F.C. St. Gallen on Wednesday; with goals from Bergressio, N. Kovac (2), an O.G. and Pavlyuchenko. After these results, the team are now 11 points clear at the top and are full of confidence heading into the home stretch of the season.

5426_1229444363.jpg4706_1232736782.jpg23121_1215161874.jpg

(Tonight's goalscorers)

379_1192158033.gif

Pavlyuchenko Hits Top Form

Roman Pavlyuchenko has begun to justify people's judgement that he is Steaua's best player with 4 goals in 4 games, with another two goals in tonights 4-0 victory over SK Austria Kärnten. However, before this, he has only managed a measly 4 league goals all season. It was believed that Pavlyuchenko would excel this season after being upstaged by his lesser rated strike partner, Bergessio, last season; but Bergessio is on 12 this season after only playing 16 games, with another goal tonight along with one from Kante.

In other news, Steaua yesterday announced the signing of promising Argentinian, Dario Bottinelli, before the chairman restricted the cash available. It is believed that Bottinelli will be available on loan for the rest of the season, as competition is fierce in midfield.

18409_1219916718.jpg

(New signing: D. Bottinelli)

CSKA continue to dominate this league. 14 points clear now, iv been with these 3 seasons now. never won anything but have 7 runners up with them, including two this year, could of got a treble but ruddy bottled it :P

379_1192158033.gif

Own Goal Costs Steaua

An own goal from C. Spycher cost Steaua all three points in tonights encounter F.K. Austria Wien. The own goal sent Wien in with an unexpected 1-0 lead at half time, before Pavlyuchenko equalised in the second half, before Steaua again fell behind. Bucureşti blushes were spared when veteran Hakan Suker came off the bench to again equalise late on.

Earlier in the week Steaua had stretched their winning run to five games with a 2-0 victory over CSKA Sofia with goals from Kante and Bergessio. Next weeks top of the table clash with Dinamo has been outlined as the game where the league could be won, as victory would open up a 12 point gap with a possible 15 points available from the remaining games.

3430_1232022382.jpg6281_1216819510.jpg

(Tonights goalscorers)

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=193

Steaua All But Champions

Steaua Bucureşti all but claimed the Central European league title after destroying their nearest rivals, Dinamo Bucureşti 5-0 this evening.The title is not mathematically theirs, but with a superior goal difference of almost 30 goals, it is not suprising that the manager and the players have already begun to celebrate.

The game was all but sewn up before half time with goals from Bergessio (2) and Nicolita. This was followed by goals from Radoi and a second for Nicolita. This is the first time the league title has returned to Steaua since Season 1 where it will be accompanied by the Cental European Shield in the trophy cabinet

7403_1210094609.jpg8683_1216806112.jpg8677_1216806109.jpg

(Bergessio, Nicolita and Radoi)

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=193

Steaua All But Champions

Steaua Bucureşti all but claimed the Central European league title after destroying their nearest rivals' date=' Dinamo Bucureşti 5-0 this evening.The title is not mathematically theirs, but with a superior goal difference of almost 30 goals, it is not suprising that the manager and the players have already begun to celebrate.[/color']

The game was all but sewn up before half time with goals from Bergessio (2) and Nicolita. This was followed by goals from Radoi and a second for Nicolita. This is the first time the league title has returned to Steaua since Season 1 where it will be accompanied by the Cental European Shield in the trophy cabinet

7403_1210094609.jpg8683_1216806112.jpg8677_1216806109.jpg

(Bergessio, Nicolita and Radoi)

Well Played mate im the Dinamo Manager:) Looking forward to european football next year! You might not win it next year:cool:

kilmarnock-fc.gif

The Battle For Champions League Football

After a surprise defeat for Shel's Celtic, Little Kilmarnock move into 2nd place.

With only 5 games to play ,Can Kilmarnock hold on and win a place in the Champions League ?

07seaofblueandwhiteKTID.jpg

379_1192158033.gifpicture.php?pictureid=193&albumid=38&dl=1239489965&thumb=1379_1192158033.gif

Steaua Officially Crowned Champions

At the final whistle fans invaded the Steaua Stadium pitch as the players of Steaua Bucureşti cemented their place in history as they claimed the Central European League title for the second time in four seasons.

With only a point required, the players may have been accused of taking it easy as they went in at half time at 1-1, after Kante had given Steaua a one goal lead. It was not until the 70th minute that the party could begin with a goal from Radoi, along with news that rivals Dinamo were losing 2-1. Plans can now be made for next season, where getting through the group stages of the SMFA cup is seen as the main challenge.

4078_1212944778.jpg8677_1216806109.jpg

(Kante & Radoi)

649_1228236990.jpg

Eastern European League

Wisla Becoming Top Club

Champions Wisla Krakow last night beat Dnipro 2-1 keeping the club 2nd in the Eastern European League sitting on 74 points, 7 points ahead of Shakhtar Donetsk & Metalist Kharkiv. CSKA Moskva are leading the league on 82 points and should win the championship but Wisla manager Patrick said he still will try his best to gather points in the few remaining games to retain the championship in case of a slip up by CSKA.

Wisla Krakow managed to get to the SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Final only to lose to RSC Anderlecht 3-2 after leading 2-1 at half time.

The club is on track to again make an appearance at the SMFA Champions Cup and hopes it can continue to attract top players seeking to play Champions Cup football.

379_1192158033.gif

Reserves Fail To Impress

After claiming only 1 point in 2 games this week, manager of league champions Steaua, C. Lewis, claimed that the fringe players have a lot of work to do in the last two games of the season if they are to earn a place in next years first team.

These comments come on the back of a 1-1 draw with Mlada Boleslav with a goal from O. Martinez and tonight's 2-1 defeat to rapidly improving Levski; who have moved up to second. It may merely be the results of a long season, but next season will be even longer if qualification from the SMFA cup group stage is achieved. Nevertheless, C. Lewis, seems to remain confident with his squad, despite the recent eye opener.

2235_1209755861.jpg

(M. Esposito: Claimed tonight's consolation)

Logo_fc_cska_moscow.png

CSKA DO IT !

CSKA have finally won a winning honour under manager Adam Johnson, he has lead them to many a cup final, never winning one and has scrapped for the title only to come second, but this season on the 36th game Johnson has done it by beating second place Wisla 3-1.

This means Johnsons CSKA are now 11 points clear with 2 games remaining.

Empoli have been assured of 2nd place in Serie A for some time - rumours are abound that Jacko will leave the club at the end of the season, a source close to the manager being quoted as saying "he feels he has taken the club as far as he can"

379_1192158033.gif

Steaua End In Style

Steaua rounded off a successful season with a 6-0 romp at home to rivals Rapid. The reserves which had taken some criticism in the past few weeks, rose to the occasion to end the season with a flourish. Goals from Esposito (2), Gueye and Martínez sent the team in 4-0 at half time. Further goals from Culio and Radoi, ensured a party atmosphere inside the stadium for the end of season celebrations.

C. Lewis hailed the whole of the squad for their success in the league and shield this season, and thanked the managers of Roma, Manchester City and Celtic for enabling their players to be apart of the glory, and looks forward to attempting a successful defense of the title and a sustained run in the SMFA Cup.

picture.php?pictureid=193&albumid=38&dl=1239489965&thumb=1

Table:

Team

Steaua 38 28 4 6 105 31 +74 88

Levski 38 21 10 7 64 29 +35 73

Dinamo 38 22 7 9 78 44 +34 73

Wien 38 18 14 6 57 32 +25 68

Championship Winning Team:

Orion (88/Gk)

Sapunaru (87/RB) Goian (89/CB) Kante (88/CB) Spycher (88/LB)

Radoi (88/DM)

Nicolita (88/W) Dica (88/AM) Karamyan (87/W)

Pavlyuchenko (91/CF) Bergessio (88/F)

kilmarnock-fc.gif

The Battle For Champions League Football

It goes down to the last game of the season.

untitled-160-1.jpg?t=1240699756

Celtic - home to 14th place Inverness

Kilmarnock - home to 19th place Gretna

Celtic 6 Inverness 0 :(

Kilmarnock 2 Gretna 2 :eek:

Well done Shels.

kilmarnock-fc.gif

Season Review

League

3rd (78 pts)

Scottish Cup

Round 1 - Bye

Round 2 - St. Johnstone (A) 0-3

Q/Final - Hamilton (A) 0-3

S/Final - Rangers (H) 2-2 pens 2-3

Scottish Shield

Round 1 - Livingston (H) 3-1

Round 2 - Dundee United (H) 2-0

Q/Final - St. Mirren (A) 0-2

S/Final - Hamilton (A) 1-3

Final - Rangers 4-0

Winners :D

Top Goalscorer

403315_206x261.jpg

Darko Kovacevic

Player Of The Season

403315_206x261.jpg

Darko Kovacevic

Young Player Of The Season

22285_200x250.jpg

Santos Helder

Thanks Col, You Must be Gutted B)

I Exspected Not To Get There For Along Time, Espcially On The Last Day, I Was Pretty Convinced You'd Win By More Goals Than Me, Couldn't Beleive I Had Won 6-0, Awesome Result :rolleyes: [says Something About My Season]

Regarding The Draw For The Champs League, Celtic Avoided Any Big Hitters But Will Have To Play 2 Decent Teams In Steaua & Wisla, While Brondby Took The Scandinavian Title.

Rangers Were Given A Nice Little Group Again [As they Were Last Year With HSV Werder & Panathinaikos]

Once Again As Always Some Nice Little Groups There,

The SMFA Shield Doesn't See Too Much At This Stage, A Few Nice Ties Incuding Birmingham City & Racing Santandar.

Btw, Little Empoli Are Available to Manage As Jacko Felt He Took Them As Far As He Could, They've a NIce Little Team & Have Done Very Well, Will Play Champions League Football Nixt Season, I Wish Jacko All The Best And Hope He Returns To GC-9 Again Sometime.

Btw' date=' Little Empoli Are Available to Manage As Jacko Felt He Took Them As Far As He Could, They've a NIce Little Team & Have Done Very Well, Will Play Champions League Football Nixt Season, I Wish Jacko All The Best And Hope He Returns To GC-9 Again Sometime.[/quote']

Hmm, helped took Empoli, difficult group, with Real Mad, Toulouse and Espanyol. Wonder how he finished runners up last season:eek:

Iv got a great chairman.

Your chairman has decided not to invest any further cash into the club this season.
This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

My balance is 272k and he expects me to mount a title challenge :(

Hmm' date=' helped took Empoli, difficult group, with Real Mad, Toulouse and Espanyol. Wonder how he finished runners up last season:eek:[/quote']

My Toulouse isn't a lot to worry about tbh we punched well above our wieght last year in the Champs cup