Sign in to follow this  
infernito

Are Manchester United going to get relegated?

After my infamous 'Are Arsenal going to get relegated' thread in the 11/12 season, i deemed it only fair that i made one for Manchester United. As, if they lose tonight, they'd have exactly the same number of points as Arsenal did back then after 7 games.

Re: Are Manchester United going to get relegated?

yes they should get relegated because they are playing rubbish :P:p:p:p:p:p their starting 11 is good but the team chemistry is so bad that they cannot do anything. I wouldn't say relegated but maybe a 6th place finish at the best.

After my infamous 'Are Arsenal going to get relegated' thread in the 11/12 season' date=' i deemed it only fair that i made one for Manchester United. As, if they lose tonight, they'd have exactly the same number of points as Arsenal did back then after 7 games.[/quote']

No -RVP won't allow it.

Rather the question could be "how many games until Moyes gets fired?"

Way out of his league managing United

He won't -not this season anyway, Man U are a club that backs their managers unless something catastrophic happens like Moyes bites the bullet.

And on what evidence are you saying he's out of his league managing United?

He won't -not this season anyway' date=' Man U are a club that backs their managers unless something catastrophic happens like Moyes bites the bullet.

And on what evidence are you saying he's out of his league managing United?[/quote']

Intuition. More empirically, his experiences are too narrowly limited to the British Islands, which would be fine if he was absolutely exceptional, which he isn't. He is only 'pretty good', which is insufficient to compete against the best in this league. He has to significantly upgrade his skills, which is possible, but the odds are stacked against him.

Man United better improve significantly in the next few months or even the most patient club will fire their manager.

Intuition. More empirically' date=' his experiences are too narrowly limited to the British Islands, which would be fine if he was absolutely exceptional, which he isn't. He is only 'pretty good', which is insufficient to compete against the best in this league. He has to significantly upgrade his skills, which is possible, but the odds are stacked against him.

Man United better improve significantly in the next few months or even the most patient club will fire their manager.[/quote']

Really I would have thought his team is one of the weaker ones considering the pedigree of Man U.

Also his style of management would be different from Sir Alex therefore it takes a while to transfer those to his team.

He has to significantly upgrade his skills, which is possible, but the odds are stacked against him.

Way out of his league managing United

Bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

One has to understand behind Moyes stands a system-a system that has bought success to that particular club. However the personnel has changed -as he bought in his own staff. That will take time-and Man U has not said they won't give him that time.

Really I would have thought his team is one of the weaker ones considering the pedigree of Man U.

Also his style of management would be different from Sir Alex therefore it takes a while to transfer those to his team.

Bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

One has to understand behind Moyes stands a system-a system that has bought success to that particular club. However the personnel has changed -as he bought in his own staff. That will take time-and Man U has not said they won't give him that time.

Ways out of his league at the present. It's possible to improve that much but it happens maybe 1/20 of the cases. :)

Sure it takes time and all but no manager in his seat would be given a second season if they didn't improve significantly. Regardless of how nice of a fella he is or how well they think he might do in the long-term, still being around mid-table at the end of the season wouldn't be accepted.

Unfortunate characteristics of life..