The Official A-League Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official A-League Thread That doesnt answer the question. And of course I did. Do you mean Saba's two footed hack at Antonis' leg? I dont know how you can blame the ref. Hes some stats to yo

Re: A-League 2013-2014 Went to the Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne Heart which ended 0-0. Mitch Nichols really impressed me for Victory, great signing and a very dangerous player when near the opposit

Re: The Official A-League Thread Victory fan* it was sydney who got the pen.

Re: The Official A-League Thread

Anyone else watch the game last night? I think it was a great game and very entertaining. Juventus played some great football as did the All Stars.

I didn't go to the game as I am not a Juve fan but went last year when Man United were there.

It was great seeing the star players playing here in Australia even if it is only a once off. Del Piero is a legend of the club and always will be despite playing for the All Stars, all the players proved that at the end of the game.

Powerhouse clubs coming to Melbourne for International Champions Cup

An international tournament featuring famous clubs such as Manchester City and Real Madrid is set to be played at the MCG

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/powerhouse-clubs-coming-to-melbourne-for-international-champions-cup-20140812-1039ym.html#ixzz3AA7oXd4f

Sydney FC playing Melbourne City tonight in the FFA Cup. Being played out in Ballarat.

Heres a link to the live stream both clubs are running from their websites if anyone wants to watch: http://www.sydneyfc.com/article/watch-sydney-fc-vs-melbourne-city-in-the-ffa-cup-live-here/s0ft8r0zg92016jurxzsq6tz0

Shall be interesting for us. No Janko, Smeltz, Brosque and unlikely to see Ibini and Abbas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping we can get the win against Guangzhou tomorrow night. Winning the first leg at home was the key for us.

Don't think it will be easy, a scoreless draw will get us through. Should we go ahead first I'm pretty sure we could win it from there.

We have pretty much a full healthy and fit squad, no Injury's to really bother us.

Let's hope Lippi can contain himself this time.

Hoping we can get the win against Guangzhou tomorrow night. Winning the first leg at home was the key for us.

Don't think it will be easy' date=' a scoreless draw will get us through. Should we go ahead first I'm pretty sure we could win it from there.

We have pretty much a full healthy and fit squad, no Injury's to really bother us.

Let's hope Lippi can contain himself this time.[/i']

Through on away goals again. :D

Most of the teams in the east side of the afc have been pretty equally matched with player performance on the day being the decider. Good to see.

Still don't understand how Seoul does so well during the champions league. In the k league they don't look as impressive.

Not the score line we wanted but never the less Popa would be happy we are in the last 4.

Scorelines are irrelevant it is progress that matters, you are doing WSW a disservice as that was a fine result, after winning 1-0 with the clean sheet at home the objective was go to China to play against Lippi's squad and get an away goal then that would mean they would have to score three to progress, it was virtually job done when WSW took the lead on the hour mark, Ghangzou pushed to the end but there were not many jittery minutes considering their second goal only came in injury-time.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Danny De Silva any good?

Never heard of him' date=' but he seems to be owned by As Roma, my team >.<, so i was just wondering if this kid's got potential or if he will eventually end up like Amini

Thanks[/quote']

Was quite highly rated about 12-18 months ago after debuting for the Perth Glory at 15 and then starring at the U20 world cup when he was 16, was linked with United and Everton but chose to spend another year at Glory and as i understand signed for Roma from the conclusion of the 14/15 season. Most observers who claim to know what they're talking about liken him to Harry Kewell so if he can stay fit and reach Harry's potential you've got yourself a real gem.

Is Danny De Silva any good?

Never heard of him' date=' but he seems to be owned by As Roma, my team >.<, so i was just wondering if this kid's got potential or if he will eventually end up like Amini

Thanks[/quote']

He's still very young but shown flashes of brilliance. In the 2013 FIFA U20 World Cup, he scored a goal and was man of the match in a 1-1 draw with Colombia- all while still 16. Thats the talent he has. Also as mentioned theres been a few big teams after him. He hasnt seen much game time this last season. The reason for this is twofold. Firstly hes still only 17 so his club have tried to manage him very carefully and not put too much pressure on him. Secondly Perth Glory have to be one of the worst teams in the league at playing youth and tend to prefer more experienced sides.

Wanderers taking on FC Soul tonight in the semi finals of the AFC. Hoping we can get some sort of a god result today and take the lead back home for the return leg.

The Wanderers have really put the A.League on map with there brilliant football and progression in the AFC and A.League. Don't think anyone expected them to be is good or play this well for a club that is only 3 or so years old.

Wanderers taking on FC Soul tonight in the semi finals of the AFC. Hoping we can get some sort of a god result today and take the lead back home for the return leg.

The Wanderers have really out e A.League I. The map with there brilliant football and progression in the AFC and A.League. Don't think anyone expected them to be is good or play this well for a club that is only 3 or so years old. ?

0-0 is not so bad an away result, pity WSW couldn't sneak an away goal but still in teh balance.

FFA Cup Results

Sydney United 1-3 Sydney FC

St Albans Saints 1-4 Perth Glory

Adelaide United 2-0 Brisbane Roar

Palm Beach Sharks 1-0 South Springvale

Next round fixtures

Sydney FC vs Adelaide United

Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory

Palm Beach vs Central Coast Mariners

Bentleigh vs Adelaide City

Great game last night watching Sydney United and FC. Really miss the old N.S.L days where we would go to Edensor Park on a Sunday afternoon and watch United play. Play teams like Marconi, Northern Spirit, South Melbourne Sydney Olympic and the rest.

Was a great atmosphere and the crowed was good. Was hoping for a Sydney United win. Been following them since the mid 90's and the field is just about in my backyard.