Manager points and 'Best' Managers

I think that all of us who play this game are competitive and it seems to me that the manager rating system really needs to be changed.

At the moment as far as I can tell the 'Best' manager in a game world is simple the guy who has been doing it the longest. Maybe there is a reason for this ?

Surely at the very least in the 'Best' managers table there should be something to show how many trophies each manager has won, maybe with distinctions between Euopean, leagues, cups etc.

But also wouldnt it be better if this table actually meant something ? Because no manager is ever sacked, being given points just for staying there forever no matter how little success you have is meaningless.

I imagine I speak for most managers in this game in saying that the two things which represent achievement are either taking a small club and working through the leagues to be in competition for the top division (this is already made even harder because even when you have Messi, Ronaldo and Bale in your team and you win the league every year you have the same attendance as when you were bottom of the 4th division !!!!) Or simply winning relentlessly with a big club and trying to have the most perfect season possible.

I dont see why it would be hard to make this aspect of the game have more meaning and I think that it would really enhance the experience by hightening the competition.

Re: Manager points and 'Best' Managers

I think that all of us who play this game are competitive and it seems to me that the manager rating system really needs to be changed.

At the moment as far as I can tell the 'Best' manager in a game world is simple the guy who has been doing it the longest. Maybe there is a reason for this ?

Surely at the very least in the 'Best' managers table there should be something to show how many trophies each manager has won' date=' maybe with distinctions between Euopean, leagues, cups etc.

But also wouldnt it be better if this table actually meant something ? Because no manager is ever sacked, being given points just for staying there forever no matter how little success you have is meaningless.

I imagine I speak for most managers in this game in saying that the two things which represent achievement are either taking a small club and working through the leagues to be in competition for the top division (this is already made even harder because even when you have Messi, Ronaldo and Bale in your team and you win the league every year you have the same attendance as when you were bottom of the 4th division !!!!) Or simply winning relentlessly with a big club and trying to have the most perfect season possible.

I dont see why it would be hard to make this aspect of the game have more meaning and I think that it would really enhance the experience by hightening the competition.[/quote']

I like this idea too.

In my main GW, the 'best manager' has never won the top division but has simply played more games than anyone else. They should have some sort of points system, EG...

Keep the same format as now (pts average) + Extra points for winning trophies, where you finish in the table & and which division it is should also matter (more points for finishing 15th in Div1 than finishing 3rd in Div3). Plus cup progression points too.

This would give a more accurate representation of actual manager ability and success rather than the current way.

Good idea, like it. Repped:):)