Sign in to follow this  
Alux

Another new design...

Ok so SM deleted my last topic of course, so here we go again... :rolleyes:

Once again SM have updated their design, and once again it is a step in the wrong direction. The squad page is now littered with the horrible images the folks on SoccerWiki upload. The same people that uploaded a bright purple picture of Özil that we all had to endure for 30 days...

Alongside this the top left of the page is now crowded with all the icons, logo, messages etc, I know winter is coming but do they really need to huddle together for warmth?

There are some minor improvements, the next fixture box on the squad display looks a little more tidy and it looks like the league table is a little different. Although I can't quite work out why.

All in all the minor improvements are outweighed by the horrors of the squad page. Can this time round someone with some influence at SM take on board the endless criticism of the new layouts and revert it back to how it was about a year ago?

Re: Another new design...

Squad page with the icons is a bad design imo' date=' and surely they will fix how the icons are huddled together at the top left..[/quote']

im pretty sure thats been done so they can put the banner ad there.

I think the most annoying thing about the new changes is that everytime you click on a players name, it navigates you away and to a new page.

And, when on that page, you can't make a transfer bid or see your chairmans value of the player. :mad:

SM have done a lot of changes over the past few months but this (along with the squad page and icon layout) is by far the worst!

I don't see the point of adding the players picture to the squad page as you cannot even see them. I could see the point if you scrolled over it it enlarged though.

A new match engine would make this game the best there is for me personally including fm.:(

Ok so SM deleted my last topic of course' date=' so here we go again... :rolleyes:

Once again SM have updated their design, and once again it is a step in the wrong direction. The squad page is now littered with the horrible images the folks on SoccerWiki upload. The same people that uploaded a bright purple picture of Özil that we all had to endure for 30 days...

Alongside this the top left of the page is now crowded with all the icons, logo, messages etc, I know winter is coming but do they really need to huddle together for warmth?

There are some minor improvements, the next fixture box on the squad display looks a little more tidy and it looks like the league table is a little different. Although I can't quite work out why.

All in all the minor improvements are outweighed by the horrors of the squad page. Can this time round someone with some influence at SM take on board the endless criticism of the new layouts and revert it back to how it was about a year ago?[/quote']

your missing the point, i think its due to the long awaited mobile app launching....so its all compatible between desktop & mobile.

the player pics is a good idea, you get rep points for adding missing pics far easier to find the missing ones now, with many users wanting to earn more rep points it seems logical?

;2755194']your missing the point' date=' i think its due to the long awaited mobile app launching....so its all compatible between desktop & mobile.

the player pics is a good idea, you get rep points for adding missing pics far easier to find the missing ones now, with many users wanting to earn more rep points it seems logical?[/quote']

I want to play SM not contribute to that catastrophe that is SoccerWiki. I've tried adding to it numerous times in the past, only to have things constantly rejected, while Afghani Sergio Samper gets added.

Half the time editing a players position will be rejected regardless of its present inaccuracies, presumably because voters want Bale as a left back (edited out his LB position twice, both rejected, finally changed a few weeks ago), or Varane as a DM...

Whats the point of editing things when they will simply be rejected, regardless of accuracy?

I'm sure the majority of SM users don't use SoccerWiki, possibly due to the months of confusion over how directly SM was based on SoccerWiki.

As mentioned already in this topic most of the new pictures are worse quality than their predecessors. If we are to be at the whim of the SW user at least have a more stringent moderation of uploads. Plus as Germ rightly said they are too small to be properly visible, just ugly little icons at present, not that I vote for larger images...!

and finally...

So because of a mobile app the whole site has to be made uglier...? Im sure that you are able to have a mobile version and a desktop version without compromising the desktop version's design. All the major social media & blogging sites have visually pleasing sites and different but functional mobile apps.

You can understand the frustration, yes?

When clicking on a player the pop up no longer comes and instead it navigates away from the original page. That is so annoying.

At the moment I can't even get into the tactics page and the x when deleting messages isn't even working.

Only the good lord knows what the SM design team are thinking.

All these silly changes built up have ruined the fun factor playing this game.

I think I'll give this a few more weeks and then call it quits.

I think the most annoying thing about the new changes is that everytime you click on a players name' date=' it navigates you away and to a new page.

And, when on that page, you can't make a transfer bid or see your chairmans value of the player.[/quote']

Margins all over the place' date=' looks tiny on my tablet browser.[/quote']
Ai had some bids on players and accepted but can't see other bids so don't know if i have got the player
When clicking on a player the pop up no longer comes and instead it navigates away from the original page. That is so annoying.

At the moment I can't even get into the tactics page and the x when deleting messages isn't even working.

Hi' date='

Could you all please report the problems you are experiencing via the Report Bug function so that we can look into this. In the meantime it might be worthwhile using another browser like Chrome as there seems to be one or two issues with other browsers.

Thanks

Hi' date='

Could you all please report the problems you are experiencing via the Report Bug function so that we can look into this. In the meantime it might be worthwhile using another browser like Chrome as there seems to be one or two issues with other browsers.

Thanks

If you are able to respond and tell us this, why don't you explain the aim of constantly changing the design? And not only changing it, but making it worse.

Also, what was the purpose of removing the newspaper? I remember when the news feed was introduced, a Dev like yourself mentioned it would be reintroduced or improved..

Are you just admitting defeat and totally ruining this game on purpose? You have already handed all responsibility of ratings onto the users..do you need us to do the design too? Because as it is right now, I cant even change my XI.

Look at how active this forum is recently..It's the least active I've ever seen it.

If you are able to respond and tell us this' date=' why don't you explain the aim of constantly changing the design? And not only changing it, but making it worse.

Also, what was the purpose of removing the newspaper? I remember when the news feed was introduced, a Dev like yourself mentioned it would be reintroduced or improved..

Are you just admitting defeat and totally ruining this game on purpose? You have already handed all responsibility of ratings onto the users..do you need us to do the design too? Because as it is right now, I cant even change my XI.

Look at how active this forum is recently..It's the least active I've ever seen it.[/quote']

Hi tonyba,

If you are experiencing problems changing your tactics, you will need to report this as a bug so that we can look into it.

For those of you who are unsure about the posting guidelines within Suggestions and Improvements, please refer to this thread.

Thanks

Having quite a few issues with the new web layout. Currently unable to change my tactics/lineup or make any transfer bids as well as little issues like not being able to delete messages for example. Is anyone having these same problems and aware of when these sort of things should be working correctly?

All the posts that were deleted were deleted for being off topic. This thread isn't about cheating' date=' rating reviews or SM's poor customer service.

Further off topic posts will also be removed.[/quote']

I've posted (three times) saying that the new design doesn't work because the player pictures are poorly managed. This is related to the new design. I am talking about the new design. This topic is about the new design.

All three of my posts about the new design have been deleted, along with several other people's posts about the new design; all of which have been about the new design, thus on topic. I don't see anyone in here talking about the weather, just about the new design, and yet you delete it all.

But, let me guess: this is off-topic (i.e. disagrees with SM's views on the new design) and you're going to delete it. I've bolded all the times I've said "new design" so you can't accidentally think it's off-topic, I guess the mods have bad eyesight.

All the posts that were deleted were deleted for being off topic. This thread isn't about cheating' date=' rating reviews or SM's poor customer service.

No but cheating, rating reviews and SM's poor customer service are all issues that people have raised in other topics and have been COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Also I've had several posts deleted that were on topic. Don't treat customers like idiots.

All the comments that have been deleted were on topic, written by people who have contributed to YOUR game.

The theme that ran through the deleted comments is that they highlighted how poor SM treats their users.

For the mods, this post was written due to my frustration with the poor NEW DESIGN and is on topic.

They were on topic, so what's the point of denying otherwise especially when active viewers of this thread know what they replied with.

This is a thread about yet another new design when other more pressing matters are left unattended time after time. GOOD leaders who implement changes are receptive to positive and negative feedback, both have which have been displayed in this thread. But going on the reaction of mods, clearly you're only interested in the responses that glorify everything, which is a shame

Guest drseanfitz

ok lads,

just come onto this thread after reading some reported post's.

Firstly I have reviewed the post's deleted by Allan-NI(it is worth noting that he didn't delete all of the post's, just the ones since Yesterday @ 08:17 PM), and I agree that they were off the original topic regarding the new update.

I know this is where we start to get the usual mods stick together rubbish, but if anyone can honestly tell me what their deleted, on topic post was about, and show me that it was on topic, then I will restore it for them. but what I see in the post's deleted by Allan are things like:

Yeah, but they'll all be deleted tomorrow
I've had two posts deleted from this topic now. Guess you can only post if you agree with SM.
This really is a terrible way to manage a forum and not the best way to treat paying users of your game

which don't really fit in with the topic of this thread.

Now I am aware that there were several post's deleted prior to the ones Allan deleted, and these ones I haven't reviewed as yet. but I will do. These seem to be the reason that most of you made the post's that Allan went on to delete, and I will speak to whoever deleted them if they where deleted irrelevantly(although unfortunately if it was a Dev that's where my power stops).

Whilst looking through the deleted post's I also noticed some that were aimed at SM Dev Vicky, and I feel that some of the point's were irrelevant to this thread but should be brought to her attention, so I will be highlighting them to her.

If anyone does honestly feel that a post has been incorrectly deleted then please PM me or Stuart and we will review it.

Now since Allan posted we have once again seen a number of post off the main topic, which I will be cleaning up shortly. I mean can anyone honestly tell me what post's like this:

Isnt it a suprise thats its the MOD that is backing them for deleting the posts? Great.

P.S. expect this to be deleted soon.

add to a discussion regarding the latest design update.

Regarding this post:

They were on topic' date=' so what's the point of denying otherwise especially when active viewers of this thread know what they replied with. [/color']

This is a thread about yet another new design when other more pressing matters are left unattended time after time. GOOD leaders who implement changes are receptive to positive and negative feedback, both have which have been displayed in this thread. But going on the reaction of mods, clearly you're only interested in the responses that glorify everything, which is a shame

the bits in red take away form some valid points in blue. and I encourage people keep to leaving feedback, be it positive or negative, regarding the latest design update.

I know it is frustrating that despite the numerous updates unleashed on us by SM, we still have a game with flaw's that are overlooked whilst giving us the opportunity to let the world know that Accrington Stanley are now available to manage in Gameworld no-one really cares. And that Soccerwiki seems to have made the player updates as predictable as next weeks lottery numbers, but I have yet to see SM implement any sort of change due to forumers complaining about deleted post's.

now if anyone does want to discuss this further(and I mean discuss as I personally don't feel SM is important enough a thing to argue about), then I will happily do so via PM.

now please can I ask that we keep this thread to discussing the flaws introduced/ignored by SM's last update( or if anyone can find a positive then please discuss them as well).

ok lads' date='

just come onto this thread after reading some reported post's.

Firstly I have reviewed the post's deleted by Allan-NI(it is worth noting that he didn't delete all of the post's, just the ones since Yesterday @ 08:17 PM), and I agree that they were off the original topic regarding the new update.

I know this is where we start to get the usual mods stick together rubbish, but if anyone can honestly tell me what their deleted, on topic post was about, and show me that it was on topic, then I will restore it for them. but what I see in the post's deleted by Allan are things like:

which don't really fit in with the topic of this thread.

Now I am aware that there were several post's deleted prior to the ones Allan deleted, and these ones I haven't reviewed as yet. but I will do. These seem to be the reason that most of you made the post's that Allan went on to delete, and I will speak to whoever deleted them if they where deleted irrelevantly(although unfortunately if it was a Dev that's where my power stops).

Whilst looking through the deleted post's I also noticed some that were aimed at SM Dev Vicky, and I feel that some of the point's were irrelevant to this thread but should be brought to her attention, so I will be highlighting them to her.

If anyone does honestly feel that a post has been incorrectly deleted then please PM me or Stuart and we will review it.

Now since Allan posted we have once again seen a number of post off the main topic, which I will be cleaning up shortly. I mean can anyone honestly tell me what post's like this:

add to a discussion regarding the latest design update.

Regarding this post:

the bits in red take away form some valid points in blue. and I encourage people keep to leaving feedback, be it positive or negative, regarding the latest design update.

I know it is frustrating that despite the numerous updates unleashed on us by SM, we still have a game with flaw's that are overlooked whilst giving us the opportunity to let the world know that Accrington Stanley are now available to manage in Gameworld no-one really cares. And that Soccerwiki seems to have made the player updates as predictable as next weeks lottery numbers, but I have yet to see SM implement any sort of change due to forumers complaining about deleted post's.

now if anyone does want to discuss this further(and I mean discuss as I personally don't feel SM is important enough a thing to argue about), then I will happily do so via PM.

now please can I ask that we keep this thread to discussing the flaws introduced/ignored by SM's last update( or if anyone can find a positive then please discuss them as well).

Yes Sean I had a post deleted which was a direct question to Vicky regarding tonyba's post, asking why she only answered one of his queries and not all of them (which were on topic).

If we want answers surely reiterating why a persons post was not answered concisely and was instead only answered in part is relevant is it not?

The flaws mentioned by Tonyba were not answered in full and I was the first person to ask the question why his post was not answered.

While my post in not about "another new design" I felt it was relevant to us the consumer to get answers, hence I asked the question which was subsequently deleted.

Guest drseanfitz

Do you have any idea if SM are considering making the squad page look good again?

By which I mean removing the player images.

I honestly wish I knew, but I am a mod in forum only, we have absolutely no extra knowledge when it comes to the game.

although to be honest I hadn't enough noticed those teeny, tiny little faces were there until I read it on this thread, shows how much of an improvement they where in my eyes:D