Sign in to follow this  
Roachy

andros townsend

is he worth paying 5 million for i have very little cash but am looking to build a young team i think he will rise to 88 on his current form but am concerned he may not keep his place when lennon returns anybody got any opinions on him and future ratings

Re: andros townsend

is he worth paying 5 million for i have very little cash but am looking to build a young team i think he will rise to 88 on his current form but am concerned he may not keep his place when lennon returns anybody got any opinions on him and future ratings

Only AVB will know what to do when Lennon returns.

But, for me Townsend is a better player than what Lennon was at the same age and Townsend has a better end product (cross, shot, pass) than Lennon after a mazey dribble.

Obviously, Lennon as more experience and I can see them being rotated for a while until its clear that Townsend is the better player.

Potential wise, if Lennon can hit 90, then there is no reason why Townsend cant, so for 5m it is worth it, even though you are short on cash.

I think it's worth it; for me, he should rise to 87 / 88.

Regards:)

I've taken a punt on him, but I don't expect him to make my 1st team, he will be purely for profit when his rating goes up, so I'm hoping he plays consistently if not at a high level.

Unless he grows to become a player like Rooney then he'd be a keeper lol

Townsend might only be grabbing headlines now but he's been putting in displays similar to this for years in the reserves and on the odd chances he's been given a run out in League Cup or Europa matches.

I'm a Lennon fan, but Andros delivers more consistent end product and decisions. Where Lennon crosses the ball when he's in position, Townsend waits until his team-mates are in position before playing the ball. One of the more contentious parts of his game is his shooting, which it could be argued he does too often. Still, by always threatening to shoot he does give defenders more to worry about than simply 'getting to the byline'.

Time will tell whether he's a 90+ player but I can see him getting to 89 before the end of the season IF he doesn't lose form. If he does, then there is unbelievable competition in Lennon and Lamela both waiting for their opportunity. Being versatile, Townsend can also play on the left (as he has done plenty of times before in Spurs reserve games).