Sign in to follow this  
TheDude

custom game world query

Hi guys,

I just created a game world where teams have blank squads...

it says this though when I try to sign anyone:

You cannot propose transfers until the Game World opens shortly. Usually 48 hours after the Game World was created.

the game world is already "open" though? I've never had this before, usually you can buy players as soon as the game is running. Also, there's no friendlies scheduled before the first game on 17th Nov. These are usually scheduled for every day before the first match. I can't even schedule any friendlies myself as the dates are all shaded out in grey.

So..just wondering why this is so and if it's "normal" for a world of this type. I am also curious as to how squads of the remaining unmanaged teams will fill up...will they just be given their real life players? random players? or do they stay empty with none? since the game has a rule where you can only sign from the club's nationality..would that rule remain in force if/when there squads are filled up?

Re: custom game world query

Hi Mate,

Yes do not worry this is usual in custom game worlds. You will not be able to buy any players at the moment. From my experience the game worlds transfers become available roughly 36-48 hours from game world creation. It is a safeguard set up to give the gw owner time to get all managers in place so no manager has a "headstart" and first pick of transfers so to speak.

Also no friendlies are common (I may be wrong but this has been the case from my 2) at the start of a new custom game world, and you will not be able to schedule any friendlies to play before the first league match of the season. I think that this is because the time should be used to build your squads rather than test tactics (this would make sense as what if it takes longer to build squads for some so they may not have enough players for the friendlies to occur - hence it would be pointless to have them preset). I would like to also add like other game worlds automatic friendlies will be scheduled for the start of season 2.

In regards to the the empty squad scenario, they will not remain empty. I think that the chairman buys players automatically. I would have thought that the game world rules still apply to chairman transfers though otherwise defeats the purpose of the game world. I am not 100% sure on that or how the chairman will go about making transfers?

I hope this helps. Any other questions just ask.

Good Luck in your new game world. Enjoy

Hey Glenster,

I have a question for you- I have a custom game world and i know i am allowed to change the settings at the start of a new season, but how do i go about doing that?

also, i know there are 4 economy choices and right now i am playing with normal. if i were to change it to rich or very rich, what kind of changes would i see? for example, if i changed it to rich, would i see a jump of 20% in income?

thanks!

Hey Glenster' date='

I have a question for you- I have a custom game world and i know i am allowed to change the settings at the start of a new season, but how do i go about doing that?

also, i know there are 4 economy choices and right now i am playing with normal. if i were to change it to rich or very rich, what kind of changes would i see? for example, if i changed it to rich, would i see a jump of 20% in income?

thanks![/quote']

Hi Rb,

Thanks for posting. You can change the game world advanced rules at the start of the new season, please follow these steps:

1. Click on my clubs on the SM home page
  2. Click on my game worlds
  3. Click on game world admin
  4. Here you can amend which advanced rules you have in place

You cannot change settings in the middle of a season though, so if you are past turn one you will have to wait til the end of the current season.

It has been a while since I have done this, but I believe this is the correct procedure. Apologies if this is bad advice or if there is a quicker way that I am unaware of.

In regards to the economy levels, the different levels basically refer to how much income a club receives throughout the season. As far as I am aware the Economy level affects:

• TV Revenue
  • Gate Receipts
  • Tournament Price Money
  • Chairman Investments
  • The Amount of money external clubs bid for players

So if you set the economy to rich more money will enter the game world (more tv rev, gate receipts, price money etc) and vice-versa if you set it to poor (less for the above). Depends how easy/tough you want it to be in order for a club to make money. Not exactly sure on the scale to be honest but I doubt it would be as high as 20% (perhaps 5% increase for rich, 10% increase for very rich? Just guessing btw).

Can any other forumers please advise on the scale of increase if they have any knowledge of this?

I usually just leave it on normal...unless you want a real challenge!

Please note that the economy levels do not affect the amount of money a club starts of with within the game world, only effects how much income they receive.

Not sure if I am making much sense, but I hope that I have helped in some way.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your game world :D