New Custom Setup ~ideas~

Daginator MCFC

Re: New Custom Setup ~ideas~

Just gonna throw an idea out...

An alphabet league? Every season you can only buy players that have their PLAYING NAME (eg. Fred = F, Douglas Costa = D) beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet. Like season one could be players A,B and C. Season 2 could be D,E and F (aswell as ABC continuing every year also) and so on... Or the letters could be randomly drawn out of a hat every season so it could be Season 1 players with name beginning with D,R,W etc...

Just a brief description of an idea, not sure if there's anything like it around. Rules could be added and changed slightly.

'Win = Transfer' league? For every win in the league you are allowed to make 1 transfer. All teams will be relatively similar standard to start off, with not a bad starting budget so there is even greater emphasis on getting results if you want to sign players? Promoted/Champion teams get extra 3 transfers.

So essentially its just a setup where if you want to change the team you started with, you have to get results. You don't have to purchase straight away. The wins will be banked and compared to how many transfers in you have made so if you're content with your team and you have 10 wins but have only made 5 transfers then you have 5 transfers up your sleeve whenever you want. Transfers out are the managers choice and PE deals wont be allowed.

'Win = Transfer' league? For every win in the league you are allowed to make 1 transfer. All teams will be relatively similar standard to start off' date=' with not a bad starting budget so there is even greater emphasis on getting results if you want to sign players? Promoted/Champion teams get extra 3 transfers.

So essentially its just a setup where if you want to change the team you started with, you have to get results. You don't have to purchase straight away. The wins will be banked and compared to how many transfers in you have made so if you're content with your team and you have 10 wins but have only made 5 transfers then you have 5 transfers up your sleeve whenever you want. Transfers out are the managers choice and PE deals wont be allowed.[/quote']

I really like this idea, every win gives you 1 external transfer :)

I really like this idea' date=' every win gives you 1 external transfer :)[/quote']

Yeah just it has some flaws, such as if a team is on terrible form and doesn't get a win for a long time, the manager could lose interest and leave. But its just a brief idea, could always add rules and clauses to prevent this from happening. Maybe if you lose 5 league games in a row you are entitled to a transfer. Or if you sell 4 players you are allowed to buy 1. Just little things to help out people who have a poor run of form.

Yeah just it has some flaws' date=' such as if a team is on terrible form and doesn't get a win for a long time, the manager could lose interest and leave. But its just a brief idea, could always add rules and clauses to prevent this from happening. Maybe if you lose 5 league games in a row you are entitled to a transfer. Or if you sell 4 players you are allowed to buy 1. Just little things to help out people who have a poor run of form.[/quote']

I don't think there is a team can't win few games in a season (at least can get 2 or 3 wins=players) + maybe you can make it as after 5 wins, after 5 transfer players, u just can get young players (U21) ?!

An alphabet league? Every season you can only buy players that have their PLAYING NAME (eg. Fred = F' date=' Douglas Costa = D) beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet. Like season one could be players A,B and C. Season 2 could be D,E and F (aswell as ABC continuing every year also) and so on... Or the letters could be randomly drawn out of a hat every season so it could be Season 1 players with name beginning with D,R,W etc...

Just a brief description of an idea, not sure if there's anything like it around. Rules could be added and changed slightly.[/quote']

Fan of this, would be interested based on the idea ;)

An alphabet league? Every season you can only buy players that have their PLAYING NAME (eg. Fred = F' date=' Douglas Costa = D) beginning with a certain letter of the alphabet. Like season one could be players A,B and C. Season 2 could be D,E and F (aswell as ABC continuing every year also) and so on... Or the letters could be randomly drawn out of a hat every season so it could be Season 1 players with name beginning with D,R,W etc...

Just a brief description of an idea, not sure if there's anything like it around. Rules could be added and changed slightly.[/quote']

Please tell me you are not passing this idea off as your own? As I have quite a few forumers who will vouch for me when I say I came up with this idea months ago.

If you are going to think up a concept at least have the originality to think them up of your own accord.

Edit: New custom - looking for ideas thread started by midnight to six, posted by myself on the 26/8/2013 "The Alphabet League" concept. The nerve of some people.

Please tell me you are not passing this idea off as your own? As I have quite a few forumers who will vouch for me when I say I came up with this idea months ago.

If you are going to think up a concept at least have the originality to think them up of your own accord.

Edit: New custom - looking for ideas thread started by midnight to six' date=' posted by myself on the 26/8/2013 "The Alphabet League" concept. The nerve of some people.[/font']

1. Does it matter? The guy is offering to make a custom for others and this thread is about offering ideas and expressing interest, not whinging.

2. Well done, you invented a concept that had never been thought of before . . . . OH WAIT

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=25711&highlight=a-z+almanac

It's been around for more than 5 years!! :P

1. Does it matter? The guy is offering to make a custom for others and this thread is about offering ideas and expressing interest' date=' not whinging.

2. Well done, you invented a concept that had never been thought of before . . . . OH WAIT

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=25711&highlight=a-z+almanac[/url]

It's been around for more than 5 years!! :P

There's me thinking my idea was original! Oh well not quite as original as first thought lol. However I guess if you had the ingenuity to think up a concept that you thought someone else had nicked perhaps you would also feel somewhat aggrieved.

Edit: New custom - looking for ideas thread started by midnight to six' date=' posted by myself on the 26/8/2013 "The Alphabet League" concept. The nerve of some people.[/font']

Just a brief description of an idea, not sure if there's anything like it around.

Never claimed it as my idea mate. As i also said in my first post I just came back to SM from a few years of inactivity so wouldnt have a clue what sort of GW ideas have been floating round. I just wanted to create a GW with forumers on my return.

'Win = Transfer' league? For every win in the league you are allowed to make 1 transfer. All teams will be relatively similar standard to start off' date=' with not a bad starting budget so there is even greater emphasis on getting results if you want to sign players? Promoted/Champion teams get extra 3 transfers.

So essentially its just a setup where if you want to change the team you started with, you have to get results. You don't have to purchase straight away. The wins will be banked and compared to how many transfers in you have made so if you're content with your team and you have 10 wins but have only made 5 transfers then you have 5 transfers up your sleeve whenever you want. Transfers out are the managers choice and PE deals wont be allowed.[/quote']

I think this is a great idea, rewarding form with transfers and something I would be interested in if this gets up and running. After all football is a results business :D

We could also have end of season bonuses based on league position (top 3 might be an idea so 1st=3, 2nd=2, 3rd=1), cup win etc?

Hey guys' date=' I have recently renewed my gold membership and now I have a custom setup waiting to be made. Im interested in wondering if it would have much interest in the forums and what people on the forums would like to see in a setup.

Thanks[/quote']

Hi mate, I've got 2 ideas for a Custom GW, that might be fun.

1st idea

How about a GW with lots of clubs, all from different countries?

No top European clubs, but some historical names, like Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen (Scotland), Not. Forest (England), Steaua (Romania), Red Star (Serbia), St. Etienne (France), etc.

There can be multiple divisions or just a big one, depending on the number of interested people.

The weakest teams (and those with lower stadium attendances) should have more money. Besides, if there are multiple divisions, the weakest teams should be in the top division and the strongest, in last one.

2nd idea

• 16 top European teams;
  • Empty squads;
  • The first 3 players of each team will come out of a draft;
  • Starting from season 2, each managed club must make, at least, a deal with another managed team, per season;
  • After each season, the champion must sell or trade its best player - if there are some players with the same rating, the most expensive will leave the club;

No buying players from the same country as the club

or

No buying players, who are in the club, in real life

i.e. Barça can't buy Messi and Real Madrid can't sign Ronaldo.

Each manager will choose either the blue or the red restriction.

All the other restrictions are appliable to everybody.

The budget would be (in both of the Custom GW ideas) decided by the participants.

So, what do you think, mate?:)

• 2 weeks later...