Sign in to follow this  
ruggermad

Forumer's Top Team Connect

Re: Forumer's Top Team Connect

Like 10 Barcelonas..

I'm not even clear on how these Connect GW's work anyway? It plays out a whole season?

You can use a league or a cup format with games daily or every two days. It does not matter if there are 10 Barcelonas as it is down to the forumer in question what team he chooses to use. I envisage most people using a team they have completely overhauled. I very much doubt each team will be the same' date=' furthermore even if they were then managers choosing the correct formation, tactics and in game instructions will hold the key to beating an opponent with a similar team.

The chances that the majority of teams have a handful of player's the same as there opponent's I imagine will be high anyway. [/font']

You can use a league or a cup format with games daily or every two days. It does not matter if there are 10 Barcelonas as it is down to the forumer in question what team he chooses to use. I envisage most people using a team they have completely overhauled. I very much doubt each team will be the same' date=' furthermore even if they were then managers choosing the correct formation, tactics and in game instructions will hold the key to beating an opponent with a similar team.

The chances that the majority of teams have a handful of player's the same as there opponent's I imagine will be high anyway. [/font']

true, and this doesn't take up another club slot does it?

Gahh... If only I had my Benfica from 2007 still :(

Or my Esteghlal from 2008.

Sadly I quit those a very long time ago, but those teams were full of amazing players in very abandoned gameworlds,

I suppose most here will dig out such teams anyway, so I'm not sure whether to go with my favourite in Aston Villa or my Strongest Chelsea which I had for just over a week :P

Well just had my first game in a connect GW, must say that was embarrassing. My 94 average lost to a 90 average 3-1 on pretty similar tactics and he somehow managed to dominate the stats.

Or they really copy/pasted the Friendly engine, which would ruin the whole thing because friendlies are as unpredictable as a drunk goat.

I will register my interest.

TBH it don't matter which of the brilliant sides I have built up would enter I could play with a Div 5 morecombe and beat some of the tosh management we have in here (cough Jkerrs)

Might be tempted to go for my GC European Cup winning Rotherham in GC 39

Darlington GC73

Napoli GC 19

Barnsley GC 78

Bremen GC 100

probably one of the five sides, may well be Darlington though a proper North East powerhouse rather than the usual tosh who play up there :)

Great response guys. I thought this would be popular. I suggest leaving a few days/week to drum interest up. In the meantime I'll keep track of who's interested and the team they've nominated to use in te first post. If I've forgotten someone' date=' apologies - just give me a prod and I'll add you on.

Just to clarify, you can use any team you want from any GW. Be it your favourite or best I'll leave that to you. All I'll say is it may be more satisfying to use a team you've built up rather than a new Barcelona/Real Madrid team. But it's your choice

Once we've got some more interested parties we'll discuss what settings people favour etc[/quote']

Ok mate, I built up both my Braga and my Porto, but I'll pick the latter, since it's a little better.:)