Sign in to follow this  
racky

Tore Both My Anterior Cruciate Ligament And My Cartlidge..

anybody done both of these at same time like me or either?..

done playin footy.. plyometrics of all thins! :rolleyes: ..

wots process luk like surgery wise if any1 has done either or both of these?..

told I wont walk properly again if I don't have the surgery and cant play competitive football for up to 12 month..

absoloutly wounded :( ..

Re: Tore Both My Anterior Cruciate Ligament And My Cartlidge..

anybody done both of these at same time like me or either?..

done playin footy.. plyometrics of all thins! :rolleyes: ..

wots process luk like surgery wise if any1 has done either or both of these?..

told I wont walk properly again if I don't have the surgery and cant play competitive football for up to 12 month..

absoloutly wounded :( ..

I'm sorry, mate! I think it's one of those cases, where you really need to have surgery.

I hope you recover well!:)

I'm sorry' date=' mate! I think it's one of those cases, where you really need to have surgery.

I hope you recover well!:)[/quote']

thanks matey..

deffo going to be a case of take myself to the docs for 1 or 2 other niggles I hav been carryin and hav the lot dealt with over the next few month whilst going thro rehab on this injury.. doc who told me my mri results for this injury also seems to think I may need surgery on my shoulder also after I reported I pos had frozen shoulder and enquiring about a cortisone injection 4 it.. I had broke and fractured the shoulder twice as a kid from football and thought it had pos flared so gota go 4 an ultra sound on that also :( ..

its the first time ive had this style injury and I seem to get the idea that actual hard work after is what this injury will be requirein to strengthen n make better as apose to thinkin less is more..

at the first opportunity ill b getting in the gym.. returnin 2 training football wise etc 2 build back up 2 the competitive game again..

hopefully all rehab process etc n surgery will b spot on..

not an injury I like the sound of at all though if im honest!..

thanks matey..

deffo going to be a case of take myself to the docs for 1 or 2 other niggles I hav been carryin and hav the lot dealt with over the next few month whilst going thro rehab on this injury.. doc who told me my mri results for this injury also seems to think I may need surgery on my shoulder also after I reported I pos had frozen shoulder and enquiring about a cortisone injection 4 it.. I had broke and fractured the shoulder twice as a kid from football and thought it had pos flared so gota go 4 an ultra sound on that also :( ..

its the first time ive had this style injury and I seem to get the idea that actual hard work after is what this injury will be requirein to strengthen n make better as apose to thinkin less is more..

at the first opportunity ill b getting in the gym.. returnin 2 training football wise etc 2 build back up 2 the competitive game again..

hopefully all rehab process etc n surgery will b spot on..

not an injury I like the sound of at all though if im honest!..

You'll recover mate, just take the recovery process step by step and be extra careful, when you start playing sports again.:)

You'll recover mate' date=' just take the recovery process step by step and be extra careful, when you start playing sports again.:)[/quote']

went to my surgeon consultation this morning to be told I hav a locked leg meaning my tore cruciate ligament is catching in a forward position and makin me unable to straighten my leg properly..

hav been rushed into surgery 2mo for them 2 open, trim and tidy up my knee ready for my actual acl and cartilage reconstruction which will now b in around 6 week time..

wo dreading 1 bleeding surgery for my knee.. now its guna b 2!!! :( ..

went to my surgeon consultation this morning to be told I hav a locked leg meaning my tore cruciate ligament is catching in a forward position and makin me unable to straighten my leg properly..

hav been rushed into surgery 2mo for them 2 open' date=' trim and tidy up my knee ready for my actual acl and cartilage reconstruction which will now b in around 6 week time..

wo dreading 1 bleeding surgery for my knee.. now its guna b 2!!! :( ..[/quote']

Well Racky hope you get well soon, and devote your time to your burgeoning music career or some such :)

I tore my left ACL completely innocuously whilst playing football, just over two years ago (not to any real standard, just uni 6-a-side kinda thing).

Initially thought I'd twisted it as it happened so easily - my studs got planted with my foot facing towards, I turned to my left, pivoting on the left leg and I felt/heard something just give way. Stupidly played again on it a few days after, hyper-extended the leg and that really hurt.

Had no idea what I'd done so did the regular thing and went to see a GP. They said they assumed it would be a minor ligament and that it'd take about 6 weeks to fully recover - 2 weeks rest, 2 weeks jogging/running on it and a further 2 weeks playing football with no real contact or strenuous activity.

Anyhoo, I must have repeated this process about 4 times, obviously unsuccessfully as my knee would just collapse as I got to the football stage where I might need to turn off the bad leg. Eventually got fed up, went to a minor injuries unit at the hospital and they said I'd torn the ACL.

Had my op at the start of August last year where it turned out I'd shredded all of my cartilage too by playing so much football on my torn ACL :rolleyes: All sorted now but the left knee still feels a little bit more unstable than the right - presumably because there's much less stuff in there holding it together.

I'd advise you not to push it too much - it's a long recovery period for a reason and you really don't want to go tearing it again. Listen to the physios - mine were really excellent and knew exactly how to counter any problems I had/push me to an acceptable limit. Watch your operation - I assume you'll be awake like I was and it's really interesting :)

Let me know if you have any questions. Think Jenks also did his if you want to ask as to his experiences.

I tore my left ACL completely innocuously whilst playing football' date=' just over two years ago (not to any real standard, just uni 6-a-side kinda thing).

Initially thought I'd twisted it as it happened so easily - my studs got planted with my foot facing towards, I turned to my left, pivoting on the left leg and I felt/heard something just give way. Stupidly played again on it a few days after, hyper-extended the leg and that really hurt.

Had no idea what I'd done so did the regular thing and went to see a GP. They said they assumed it would be a minor ligament and that it'd take about 6 weeks to fully recover - 2 weeks rest, 2 weeks jogging/running on it and a further 2 weeks playing football with no real contact or strenuous activity.

Anyhoo, I must have repeated this process about 4 times, obviously unsuccessfully as my knee would just collapse as I got to the football stage where I might need to turn off the bad leg. Eventually got fed up, went to a minor injuries unit at the hospital and they said I'd torn the ACL.

Had my op at the start of August last year where it turned out I'd shredded all of my cartilage too by playing so much football on my torn ACL :rolleyes: All sorted now but the left knee still feels a little bit more unstable than the right - presumably because there's much less stuff in there holding it together.

I'd advise you not to push it too much - it's a long recovery period for a reason and you really don't want to go tearing it again. Listen to the physios - mine were really excellent and knew exactly how to counter any problems I had/push me to an acceptable limit. Watch your operation - I assume you'll be awake like I was and it's really interesting :)

Let me know if you have any questions. Think Jenks also did his if you want to ask as to his experiences.[/quote']

they went into my knee yesterday mate 2 clean it all up of cartilage and trapped anterior cruciate ligament.. they managed to actually restore some of my anterior cruciate so over the next couple of weeks there going to access me at physio and I may not need the acl reconstruction.. if I do though I was expecting 2 need it so its not a bad little bonus to work on in the meantime while leg settles from first surgery..

I was put 2 sleep matey yest when they sorted my problem with locked leg and did sum repair work and was very glad lol :) its no my bag at all watchin surgery etc :) .. which graft did you chose for your reconstruction?.. I first thought patellar but he advised me id be better with a hamstring graft as I basically don't need any issues arising with me knees..

surely sum form of actual ligament is better than a hamstring graft so im hoping that repair method holds up :) ..

I kno its going to be a massive rehab and hav 2 work seriously hard on getting the strength back into my legs and building them up 2 support.. I will 110% be carryin with sports because I see no point in a 9-12 month rehab doin allsorts of physical activity 2 help in repairin and strenghtenin the injury to then just stop 1ce I get the green light with the injury.. it could go at any point in rehab so cant worry myself thinking negative with regards to the injury and tbf could be injured doin anything at any point in life if you think negatively so cant live like that..

are you still playin matey?..

they went into my knee yesterday mate 2 clean it all up of cartilage and trapped anterior cruciate ligament.. they managed to actually restore some of my anterior cruciate so over the next couple of weeks there going to access me at physio and I may not need the acl reconstruction.. if I do though I was expecting 2 need it so its not a bad little bonus to work on in the meantime while leg settles from first surgery..

I was put 2 sleep matey yest when they sorted my problem with locked leg and did sum repair work and was very glad lol :) its no my bag at all watchin surgery etc :) .. which graft did you chose for your reconstruction?.. I first thought patellar but he advised me id be better with a hamstring graft as I basically don't need any issues arising with me knees..

surely sum form of actual ligament is better than a hamstring graft so im hoping that repair method holds up :) ..

I kno its going to be a massive rehab and hav 2 work seriously hard on getting the strength back into my legs and building them up 2 support.. I will 110% be carryin with sports because I see no point in a 9-12 month rehab doin allsorts of physical activity 2 help in repairin and strenghtenin the injury to then just stop 1ce I get the green light with the injury.. it could go at any point in rehab so cant worry myself thinking negative with regards to the injury and tbf could be injured doin anything at any point in life if you think negatively so cant live like that..

are you still playin matey?..

I didn't really get given a choice as to graft. Had hamstring and it's fine - your hamstring will be prone to injury/tightness for a while but your physio routine should account for that.

I'm back playing to the nothingy standard I was before, and some tennis too which is hard on the knees :) Still feels a little wobbly at times but I'm glad I had the surgery.

I didn't really get given a choice as to graft. Had hamstring and it's fine - your hamstring will be prone to injury/tightness for a while but your physio routine should account for that.

I'm back playing to the nothingy standard I was before' date=' and some tennis too which is hard on the knees :) Still feels a little wobbly at times but I'm glad I had the surgery.[/quote']

stu could I ask you a question..

would a partial repair of the cruciate ligament be as strong/stronger/worse than the hamstring reconstruction pal in your opinion?..

stu could I ask you a question..

would a partial repair of the cruciate ligament be as strong/stronger/worse than the hamstring reconstruction pal in your opinion?..

I've no idea. My ligament was long gone by the time I got my operation (about 9 months after I tore it). I'd listen to your surgeon.

Sorry to hear that Racky!

I shattered my knee cap thanks to a studs up (very up) tackle and I'd repeat what Stu said, take it slow - after being in a cast for months, then months of physiotherapy I went back to playing football and it still wasn't right, I was then affected by too much fluid in the knee joints, which led to my knee giving way, had severe swelling & a month out everytime (did it three or four times). I then gave myself a full 6 months recovery with no football at all and touch wood (touches wood) I havent had any problems for nearly 10 years now.

Wish you a full & speedy recovery mate.

went to see my surgeon yesterday who performed my arthroscopy surgery the other Friday.. they go in wi a tiny camera on the clean up of the knee damage so they can see visually and take images..

so they finally got 2 the bottom of wot ive dun now they got the full images n hav seen the knee in full.. so basically the last 3 month has been tellin me anything of possibility lol..

ok out of the 4 ligaments of the knee id damaged 3.. medial collateral/lateral collateral n the acl they thought id fully tore I jus tore a chunk out of it so got 80%.. the chunk was catchin causin the need for this surgery.. I tore me cartilage also.. its a career ending injury n many don't recover from it 2 walk properly/do physical activity..

wen they went in my medial n lateral had repaired really wel over the time since incident so ive been lucky n fallen into category that will recover as there stable.. the injury is worse than the acl n cartilage tear they thought I had done but im not guna need the acl reconstruction surgery obviously..

quiet disappointed it has taken so long 2 get to the actual outcome.. they started off tellin me it was bruised meniscus that it progressed to thinking id tore my cartilage then it progressed again to thinking id tore my acl and cartilage to finally end up here at this point..

able to start rehabbing immediately which is going to be serious hard graft and see the main physio guy on Tuesday next week to go through there procedures with rehab..

really has been a horrible last 3 month thanks to the nhs procedure and how many times they hav been wrong in telling me my actual problem.. to be fair without the arthroscopy I don't think they had a bleeding clue really what id done the just knew they needed in fast because me knee was a real state..

been very lucky and going to go steady with the rehab but graft hard.. was a real shock yesterday..

GIVE ME THAT GROWTH HORMONE!!! :P ..