Sir Metz's SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer.

Re: Sir Metz's SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer.

been using 3-5-2 with same instructions on two teams (milan and valencia), different game world but both are on division 1.

instructions are;

-winger with forward arrow

-hard tackling

-normal mentality

-short passing

-normal tempo

-attack with both wings

-pressure on all areas

-offside trap

-tight marking

Valencia side:

C. Kameni

C. Marchena, P. Mertesacker, S. Ignashevic

S. Joaquin, S. Keita, A. Diarra, P. Trochowsi, A. Guardado

D. Guiza, L. Adriano

(bench: D. Cesar Sanchez, L. Miguel, D. Albelda, J. Carew, D.Chygrynskiy)

--------------------------------------

Valencia's last 10 games were 8 wins and 2 ties.

now....... the milan first eleven:

C. Kameni

Zambrotta, Nesta, Chivu

M. Krasic, Gatusso, Pirlo, Seedorf, A.Guardado

Etoo, Iaquinta

(bench: Dida, Vucinic, S. Maxwell, Flamini, Bonera)

--------------------------------------

milan track records for last 10 game was a win - 4 straight losses -4 straight ties and another win. That spell disaster for me.... :(

So, please help me find what's wrong with Milan.... is it because the tactics not suitable for Milan's aging player? :confused:

Thank you for your time and attention.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. By Sir (Gavin) Metz The information found about the positions in soccer can also be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_positions. The picture is

Re: Sir Metz's SOccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. How to counter formations By: Sir (Gavin) Metz KEY * =most common formations and sometimes the most effective < =Defensive (Mentality) fo

Re: Sir Metz's SOccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. Question: What do all of these Tactics Mean? When should I use them? How do I use them to their full potential? These are all great questions to

• 2 months later...

hi. i'm quite new to sm and could do with a little help please. i play 3-4-1-2.

casillas

ramos pique pepe

ronaldo fabregas alonso ribery

iniesta

aguero van persie

wondered if any one could tell me which tactics work best with this formation.

thanks in advance for your help.

hi. i'm quite new to sm and could do with a little help please. i play 3-4-1-2.

casillas

ramos pique pepe

ronaldo fabregas alonso ribery

iniesta

aguero van persie

wondered if any one could tell me which tactics work best with this formation.

thanks in advance for your help.

depends on your opposition but i will try an attacking style first

• 4 weeks later...

What formation and instructions would you use against a 3-4-1-2 formation with :

Tackling Style : Hard

Mentality : Attacking

Passing Style : Mixed

Attacking Style : Mixed

Tempo : Fast

Pressing : All Over

Play Style : Counter-attck, tight mark, play offside, playmaker and target man.

My average rating is 88 their's is 86. I'm at home and really need to win. :)

Hello everyone' date=' I'm back in action and ready to help as much as I can again. I updated the guide so it can better help you if you need it, whoever you are :)

I just wanted to let everyone know...so let the tactical help questions commence!![/quote']

Well respected sir,

If u could help me out with this squad..

Please specify the formation and team styles to use..

CASILLAS, Iker

TURNBULL, Ross

RAMOS, Sergio

IVANOVIC, Branislav

TERRY, John

JUAN, Silveira

JAGIELKA, Phil

ALONSO, Xabi

LAMPARD, Frank

MILNER, James

MARCHISIO, Claudio

GERRARD, Steven

ROBBEN, Arjen

ROBINHO, Souza

BASTOS, Michel

ETO'O, Samuel

VILLA, David

TEVEZ, Carlos

VUCINIC, Mirko

CASSANO, Antonio

CHAMAKH, Marouane

Thank You!!

Loads!!!

@Aryaman.sanganeria: Please repost the squad with player ratings and positions and I would be happy to help you. Unfortunatly don’t have the time to look all of that up for everyone everytime I go to help them with tactics :/

@Dudeskin8: I would use a 4-5-1 mentality, with an AM and not a DM. If you have the personnel to fit the formation, use it with playmaker as AM, target man as CF and tight marking. Press own half, and normal tackling, normal mentality, mixed passing (or through the middle if you have CM, AM, CF 90 rated or higher), and normal tempo. Have your outside mids make runs down the sideline because they only have three defenders in the back. By having players wide, you will hopefully cause their two outside backs to have to stretch wide and leave your CF one on one against the CB…always a good chance of a goal with that.

@philippeNguyen and Federico Macheda: I still cannot geet it to work, because of the … in the middle of the link, removing the extra http:// isn’t helping me :/ When I get rid of that it takes me to a gateway page and says the link can’t be found. If it works on your computer…then we can both agree that my gateway computer sucks big time and that I need to get a new computer lol ‘till then, I need a new link to see the squad unfortunately…

@Aryaman.sanganeria: Please repost the squad with player ratings and positions and I would be happy to help you. Unfortunatly don’t have the time to look all of that up for everyone everytime I go to help them with tactics :/

@Dudeskin8: I would use a 4-5-1 mentality' date=' with an AM and not a DM. If you have the personnel to fit the formation, use it with playmaker as AM, target man as CF and tight marking. Press own half, and normal tackling, normal mentality, mixed passing (or through the middle if you have CM, AM, CF 90 rated or higher), and normal tempo. Have your outside mids make runs down the sideline because they only have three defenders in the back. By having players wide, you will hopefully cause their two outside backs to have to stretch wide and leave your CF one on one against the CB…always a good chance of a goal with that.

@philippeNguyen and Federico Macheda: I still cannot geet it to work, because of the … in the middle of the link, removing the extra http:// isn’t helping me :/ When I get rid of that it takes me to a gateway page and says the link can’t be found. If it works on your computer…then we can both agree that my gateway computer sucks big time and that I need to get a new computer lol ‘till then, I need a new link to see the squad unfortunately…

Federico Macheda's squad

@Dudeskin8: I would use a 4-5-1 mentality' date=' with an AM and not a DM. If you have the personnel to fit the formation, use it with playmaker as AM, target man as CF and tight marking. Press own half, and normal tackling, normal mentality, mixed passing (or through the middle if you have CM, AM, CF 90 rated or higher), and normal tempo. Have your outside mids make runs down the sideline because they only have three defenders in the back. By having players wide, you will hopefully cause their two outside backs to have to stretch wide and leave your CF one on one against the CB…always a good chance of a goal with that.[/color']

Cheers mate, but why shouldn't I opt for an attacking mentality ?

Carson

Young-Zuiverloon-Rodwell-Abate

Mascherano

Morrison Brunt

Giovinco

Stanku Moore

Have Giovinco be a playmaker, use men behind ball defensively, Press own half, normal tempo, normal mentality, mixed passing.

The 4-4-2 Diamond fits your personnel the best IMO...Have you tried anything like this?

Cheers mate' date=' but why shouldn't I opt for an attacking mentality ?[/quote']

I went with a normal mentality because you said you have been using an attacking mentality. If you think an attacking mentality will work better or wish to try that, by all means do so....

The only concern with an attacking mentality I have (which isnt a big concern to be honest) would be that your team would force the ball up to your CF/Target man too quickly. If he gets the ball too soon he will not have any support from the midfield and it would almost be like you are giving the ball right back to the defense since the defense would then only have to mark one guy. This will have your team possess the ball a little more before trying to have a shot and maybe allow you to get a better chance going forward when you have your entire midfield and forward going at goal instead of groups at a time...

-I guess I am trying to slow down the tempo of the game by changing the mentality...but I wouldn't use a slow tempo, or your team will be slow at getting forward.

I went with a normal mentality because you said you have been using an attacking mentality. If you think an attacking mentality will work better or wish to try that' date=' by all means do so....

The only concern with an attacking mentality I have (which isnt a big concern to be honest) would be that your team would force the ball up to your CF/Target man too quickly. If he gets the ball too soon he will not have any support from the midfield and it would almost be like you are giving the ball right back to the defense since the defense would then only have to mark one guy. This will have your team possess the ball a little more before trying to have a shot and maybe allow you to get a better chance going forward when you have your entire midfield and forward going at goal instead of groups at a time...

-I guess I am trying to slow down the tempo of the game by changing the mentality...but I wouldn't use a slow tempo, or your team will be slow at getting forward.[/quote']

Thanks for the detailed explanation, makes sense now. ;)

@Dudeskin8: I would use a 4-5-1 mentality' date=' with an AM and not a DM. If you have the personnel to fit the formation, use it with playmaker as AM, target man as CF and tight marking. Press own half, and normal tackling, normal mentality, mixed passing (or through the middle if you have CM, AM, CF 90 rated or higher), and normal tempo. Have your outside mids make runs down the sideline because they only have three defenders in the back. By having players wide, you will hopefully cause their two outside backs to have to stretch wide and leave your CF one on one against the CB…always a good chance of a goal with that.

ok.. surely.. i will.. just a moment..!!

Here it is:-

CASILLAS, IKER

Gk 96

TURNBULL, Ross

Gk 85

RAMOS, Sergio

RB/CB 94

IVANOVIC, Branislav

RB/CB 91

TERRY, John

CB 95

JUAN, Silveira

CB 93

JAGIELKA, Phil

CB/DM 89

ALONSO, Xabi

DM/CM 94

LAMPARD, Frank

CM/AM 95

MARCHISIO, Claudio

CM/LM 90

MILNER, James

CM/RM 90

GERRARD, Steven

AM/CM 95

ROBBEN, Arjen

Wing/Fwd 94

ROBINHO, Souza

Wing/Fwd 93

BASTOS, Michel

Wing/LB 91

VILLA, David

Fwd 96

ETO'O, Samuel

Fwd 96

TEVEZ, Carlos

Fwd/AM 93

VUCINIC, Mirko

Fwd/Wing 92

CASSANO, Antonio

Fwd/AM 91

CHAMAKH, Marouane

CF 90

Carson

Young-Zuiverloon-Rodwell-Abate

Mascherano

Morrison Brunt

Giovinco

Stanku Moore

Have Giovinco be a playmaker' date=' use men behind ball defensively, Press own half, normal tempo, normal mentality, mixed passing.

The 4-4-2 Diamond fits your personnel the best IMO...Have you tried anything like this?[/quote']

No i haven't the closest i have tried to this is 4-2-2-2 and that didn't work well. Cheers for the help :) i will post how they get on in the next three matches.

how do you counter a defensive minded, same rating but has 1 weak LB ( 80 rated?) 4231

my player are tired after the cup final on Monday but it is a huge game

my players

P.CECH

J.BOSINGWA

Ivanioic

F.LUCIO

G.PIQUE

Alex

A.COLE

Valencia

Ramires

Navas

A.ROBBEN

M.ESSIEN

Marchisio

D.FLETCHER

F.MALOUDA

ZHirkov

Kaka

A.GILARDINO

S.ETO'O (60%)

pedro

I would go with a defensive minded counter attacking style formation yourself, such as a 4-5-1 defensive. Use a counter attack and target man, maybe try and use direct passing... otherwise, if you want to try and play them straight up, even though your players are fatigued, try using a 3-5-2 or similar formation

Here is my team, sir metz, please help..

CASILLAS, IKER

Gk 96

TURNBULL, Ross

Gk 85

RAMOS, Sergio

RB/CB 94

IVANOVIC, Branislav

RB/CB 91

TERRY, John

CB 95

JUAN, Silveira

CB 93

JAGIELKA, Phil

CB/DM 89

ALONSO, Xabi

DM/CM 94

LAMPARD, Frank

CM/AM 95

MARCHISIO, Claudio

CM/LM 90

MILNER, James

CM/RM 90

GERRARD, Steven

AM/CM 95

ROBBEN, Arjen

Wing/Fwd 94

ROBINHO, Souza

Wing/Fwd 93

BASTOS, Michel

Wing/LB 91

VILLA, David

Fwd 96

ETO'O, Samuel

Fwd 96

TEVEZ, Carlos

Fwd/AM 93

VUCINIC, Mirko

Fwd/Wing 92

CASSANO, Antonio

Fwd/AM 91

CHAMAKH, Marouane

CF 90

Sorry to ask again but another crucial match my opponant has been using 3-5-2 formation (with number 8 in the formation making a forward run) with these instructions :

Tackling Style: Normal

Mentality: Defensive

Passing Style: Direct

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: Own Half

Play Style: Counter-Attack

I'm also away from home and have an 89 average to their 87, good luck:).