Sir Metz's SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. By Sir (Gavin) Metz The information found about the positions in soccer can also be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_positions. The picture is

Re: Sir Metz's SOccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. How to counter formations By: Sir (Gavin) Metz KEY * =most common formations and sometimes the most effective < =Defensive (Mentality) fo

Re: Sir Metz's SOccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer. Question: What do all of these Tactics Mean? When should I use them? How do I use them to their full potential? These are all great questions to

Re: Sir Metz's SoccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer.

So what do you think will beat 4-4-3 wingers ?' date=' because Ive seen this team 4-4-3 wingers never lose to 3-5-2[/quote']

I can guess why you want to know :P

Like I said, the key is controlling the midfield. Set a formation that gives you that advantage, check your opponent's tactics and set your own instructions accordingly.

I'll leave the thinking to you - good luck in the playoff final ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So what do you think will beat 4-4-3 wingers ?' date=' because Ive seen this team 4-4-3 wingers never lose to 3-5-2[/quote']

Because 4-3-3 wingers are made to counter a 3-5-2, to counter a 4-3-3 wingers, I would use 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-1-3-2.

This is my thread on formation advice:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=94042

Because 4-3-3 wingers are made to counter a 3-5-2' date=' to counter a 4-3-3 wingers, I would use 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-1-3-2.

This is my thread on formation advice:

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=94042[/url]

433wingers in most cases destroy 352,433wingers u can counter with 532,541,451,4231,4132 most of them will work even with lower rated players or if u have stronger team u also use 433wingers

Thanx Sir, best guide ever, here is some hi score prof :

111.jpg

Coud someone explain me(draw will be fine) what Sir Metz ment by this option2 in 352 formation guide , i didnt understand it well...

:confused:Option 2: You could try to have one of your forwards to check back and to the side towards the space in between the LM/RM and the CM that are there. You can then have the opposite side CM make a run to the AM position to try and receive a ball running at the goal and be able to play with the other Fwd or go to goal himself. If you have a very creative CM/AM, this may be a nice option to try.:confused:

THANX!

Thanx Sir' date=' best guide ever, here is some hi score prof :

[img']http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/aaaporto100.jpg/[/img] :rolleyes:

aaaporto100.jpg

Coud someone explain me(draw will be fine) what Sir Metz ment by this option2 in 352 formation guide , i didnt understand it well...

:confused:Option 2: You could try to have one of your forwards to check back and to the side towards the space in between the LM/RM and the CM that are there. You can then have the opposite side CM make a run to the AM position to try and receive a ball running at the goal and be able to play with the other Fwd or go to goal himself. If you have a very creative CM/AM, this may be a nice option to try.:confused:

THANX!

Check back means a backward arrow on one of your strikers, then a forward arrow for your CM/AM towards the backtracking stiker. For this tactic, I would use short passing as it works best.

Also this is my thread on formations, please come and check it out :):

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=94042

hey what do you think about 3412 formation? i am doing pretty good with it scoring about 4 goals a game. since taking over of the club, i have won 9, 2 draws and 1 loss. i think its a pretty good formation with 2 wings, 2 CMs in midfield and an AM behind 2 strikers.

bury

english championship 7245

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Sir Metz's SOccerManager Guide to Football/Soccer.

*|/> 4-5-1

This is a very effective formation if used correctly by the opposition. To stop it' date=' use a [b'] 4-1-2-2-1[/b] formation. This will allow you to keep the midfield under control, and then go on the attack. This formation gives you los of players in the attack and on defense because of the large numbers in the midfield. That should give you enough players and skill to stop the 5 middies and forward that will be challenging your keeper. Make sure you have some good wingers if you use this formation.

Is 4-1-2-2-1 the same as 4-3-3 wingers?

i lost 5-3 to Besiktas in my league

i am Borussia Dortmund

my tactics were a 4-5-1 formation with Direct passing and down both flanks

mentality normal and tackling style normal

the other team is lower rated than mine

how could i lose? his formation was a 4-2-4

please help PLEASE

i took over arsenal in div 2 when they were in 8th place and won 15 out of 17 matches with 3-5-2 hard' date=' v attcking, fast,own half, counter attck, targetman, and playmaker and kept winning with a huge margin like7-2, 5-3, 3-0, and came in third place and won the playoff to go to div 1 and now the same tactics keep losing and getting reds. here is my team:

GK:

Manuel Almunia(GK)-88

Lukasz Fabianski(GK)-87

DEF:

Gael Clichy(LB)-92

Kolo Toure(CB/RB)-92

Laurent Koscielny(CB)-88

Marco Materazzi(CB)-87

Johan Dojourou(CB)-87

Alex Song(CB/DM)-91

MID:

Anunciado Josue(CM/DM)-91

Esteban Cambiasso(CM/DM)-95

Abou Diaby(CM)-89

David Silva(AM/Wing)-93

Aaron Lennon(Wing)-90

Tomas Rosicky(AM/Wing)-90

Antonio Cassano(AM/Fwd)-91

FWD:

Pablo Piatti(Fwd/Wing)-88

Da Silva Eduardo(Fwd)-89

Theo Walcott(Fwd/Wing)-89

Rodriguez Pedro(Fwd/Wing)-92

Robin Van Persie(Fwd/Wing)-93...He scored 28 Goals out of 25 Games in Div 2

CF:

Emmanuel Adebayor(CF)-92

Plz Help me get back to winnign ways..... (i just Bought Aaron lennon so i could use him with theo walcott since they are both pacy). plz tell me good tactic to win with this team.

Thanks[/quote']

Stop using very attacking since you are leaving your defence open to opponent attacks. You don't expect the attackers in division 1 teams to be useless right? also, don't use aggressive tackling as it causes red cards.

Cheers,

Roy

Hello, i am playing a new league whith Liverpool and my squad is this:

GK:

Reina(GK)-93

Gulacsi(GK)-78

DEF:

INSUA, Emiliano(LB)-88

JOHNSON, Glen(LB/RB)-91

SKRTEL, Martin(CB)-90

AGGER, Daniel(CB/LB)-90

CASTRO, Gonzalo(D/DM)-90

VERTONGHEN, Jan(D/DM)-90

MID:

DZSUDZSAK, Balázs(LM/Wing)-90

LUCAS, Leiva(CM/DM)-90

MEIRELES, Raul(CM/AM)-91

AQUILANI, Alberto(CM/AM)-90

HENDERSON, Jordan(CM/RM)-88

GERRARD, Steven(AM/CM)-93

TURAN, Arda(Wing/AM)-90

RODRIGUEZ, Maxi (Wing/AM)-90

FWD:

KUYT, Dirk(Fwd/Wing)-91

DI NATALE, Antonio(Fwd)-92

SUAREZ, Luis(Fwd/AM)-91

QUAGLIARELLA, Fabio(Fwd)-91

I actualy use 4-4-1-1 whith foward arrows in the left and right midlefields.

Can you help me to win?

What team style to use?

Thanx Sir' date=' best guide ever, here is some hi score prof :

[img']http://www.upload-jpg.com/view_thumb/1e0b9954/111.jpg[/img]

THANX!

Mate did you use 3-5-2 with option 1 ?

can you show me your tactic window please :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bit confused

I came to this page looking to defeat a 4-2-3-1 formation,

the advice was to use a 4-5-1 defensive OR a 3-5-2

Since I always use 3-5-2 and it always gets me stuffed I changed to 4-5-1,

For interests sake I then looked at what formation would beat me, so what counters 4-5-1 effectively, your advice...

a 4-2-3-1 formation would beat it, so really, am i just setting myself to be beaten here,

IT is quite confusing! Any help on how to defeat this formation would be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

3-5-2 is the best formation. I discovered it for myself at the start of the season and now use it in every game world. It's just ace, I barely lose! Seriously, this is the formation you want. Just play with a DM, 3CB, 2 Wingers, 2 CM/AM and your best 2 rated strikers.

*|/> 4-5-1

Option 1: I would have the two Outside Mid’s run down the sideline in order to help cross the ball into the box, and eliminate your midfielders from only being able to pass forward to the two forwards. This gives you a different attacking option as you can look to go down the flanks.

From what I understand, by pushing up 2 wingers with forward runs, wouldn't this lead to an attacking 4-2-3-1, with no DMs?

Also,

| 4-5-1 Defensive

Option 1: I would have the two Outside Mid’s run down the sideline in order to help cross the ball into the box, and eliminate your midfielders from only being able to pass forward to the two forwards. This gives you a different attacking option as you can look to go down the flanks.

From what I understand, by pushing up 2 wingers with forward runs, wouldn't this lead to 4-3-3 Wingers?

3-5-2 is the best formation. I discovered it for myself at the start of the season and now use it in every game world. It's just ace' date=' I barely lose! Seriously, this is the formation you want. Just play with a DM, 3CB, 2 Wingers, 2 CM/AM and your best 2 rated strikers.[/quote']

And what tactics do you use my friend?:)

• 2 months later...

how do we defend better with 352 ' date=' i noticed defending is a problem unlike playing with 4 defenders ...average goals conceded 2 goals per match ...

Suggestion needed , 10s ![/quote']

Well , i using 3-5-2

normal tackling

Attacking mentality

Passing Direct / mixed

tempo fast / pressing all over

counter attack

tight marking

player maker

target man ..

losing is fine with me but i conceding goals like there is no defenders that wat bother me

players rating all r quite high 91 average ..

confused !