• No

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ronaldo 99?

Re: Ronaldo 99? Yes, he should rise to 99 no doubt ! He is having a fantastic year with Real Madrid and national team. Has already scored 66 goals in 2013 and will not stick around. Yesterday beca

Re: Ronaldo 99? No, Ronaldo winning the Ballon d'Or would mean that nobody would have an argument against being at the same level as Messi and the best footballer in the world, hence becoming 99 rat

I've never been a ronaldo fan after his antics in the prem i.e. diving all over the place lost a lot of respect for the lad when he basically fell over every blade of grass at my home town clubs stadium,but i know what talent looks like and he is showing a unbelievable amount of it this season by his own standards

i think he will raise sometime this season and win the Bal on dur next season with Messi out for 8 weeks ronaldo has a clean run at it

Absolutely love watching Ronaldo play. People moan that he spends half of the time sulking or moaning or diving or committing petty fouls, for some reason this doesn't get mentioned when Messi does it because he plays for the always well behaved Barcelona.

He's quality, 8 goals in 4 CL games and could be Real Madrid's all time goalscorer inside the next 18 months, so that would be a total of 6 seasons. but I can see very few reasons why he isn't already a 99.

No.Simply because he isn't on Messi's level.

In your opinion...

I agree that atm is still soon to rise Ronaldo and drop Messi, but i too believe that messi's form will start to decrease after his injury (maybe wrong, but doubt it). Because its not messi's fault that he has natural "godlike" footballing skills, just like its not Ronaldo's fault that he has superior "godlike" physical atributes and very good work ethic, and that's why Ronaldo's excepcional form will last much longer than messi's one, eventually making him the better player in my book. Because football it's not all about tricks...

In your opinion...

I agree that atm is still soon to rise Ronaldo and drop Messi' date=' but i too believe that messi's form will start to decrease after his injury (maybe wrong, but doubt it). Because its not messi's fault that he has natural "godlike" footballing skills, just like its not Ronaldo's fault that he has superior "godlike" physical atributes and very good work ethic, and that's why Ronaldo's excepcional form will last much longer than messi's one, eventually making him the better player in my book. Because football it's not all about tricks...[/quote']

No pal.Its not my opinion,its a fact.From what I know Messi been the best player in the world in last 4 years,Messi surpassed Gerd Muller's record and that says it all.A single season when Messi struggled with injuries doesn't make Cristina any better.

No pal.Its not my opinion' date='its a fact.From what I know Messi been the best player in the world in last 4 years,Messi surpassed Gerd Muller's record and that says it all.A single season when Messi struggled with injuries doesn't make Cristina any better.[/quote']

And its a fact because Fifa or you says so...

I would like for soccer manager to decrease the minimum player rating from 60 to around 30/40. This would allow for greater accuracy at the top end of the scale. Yes it would be a big change but the way the rating system is working now there's already a lot of change. E.G players going from 90-94 in 6 months.

There are quite a few 94 rated players, Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao, De Rossi, Muller, Rooney etc. with a lower minimum rating these players could be separated better.

No pal.Its not my opinion' date='its a fact.From what I know Messi been the best player in the world in last 4 years,Messi surpassed Gerd Muller's record and that says it all.A single season when Messi struggled with injuries doesn't make Cristina any better.[/quote']

Well your opinion in continually wrong so I wouldn't call your opinion a fact. Carry on enjoying watching good old Cristiano shine with quality players around him, I know I do.

talking about stats' date=' hes the player with most shots per game, in and off the target, he needs a huge amount of shots to score.

any way hes huge, but if you guys look stats, do it properly[/quote']

Perhaps you could also heed your own advice. When putting Ronaldo's goals to shots ratio into perspective he has far more of a tendency to take speculative long range shots as well as free kicks than Messi which will clearly attribute to the stats you mention, if Messi had that aspect to his game the stats would make for similar reading. Obviously we are are aware of his ability to hit a ball from 35 yards with such power and dip on the ball, which Messi doesn't possess.

Both have different attributes both are superb and on current form difficult to split them.

most of his goals are counter attacks (perfectly) finished or penalties. he tied the 19 mark set by Ronaldinho for free kicks, with an awful ratio of conversion... hes awesome but when he gets the ball you know he will try, no matter how far he is.

anyway I dont want to compare him to Messi. not fair for Messi, not fair for him. completely different players, power against ability.

hes quality but he doesnt make the right choice when it comes to shoot. im not saying hes not 99able, of course he is, just he had the bad luck to be in the same decade Messi is, and 99 is not a joke. he scored what? 60 goals this 2013 right? more or less.. Messi scored 90 last year and that was "normal".. hes Messi, who else? ronaldo could manage to score 30 more goals but Im not sure he will.

Messi struggling due to injuries since psg games last season. saying he should drop to rise Ronaldo.. wow guys not fair at all

A winger that scores a lot of goals, season after season?

Nothing special, really!:rolleyes:

He deserved to win 1 (maybe 2) more Best Player of the Year awards, but anyone with a functioning brain knows why that didn't happen.

Ronaldo should rise to 99 as he carries, almost single-handedly, a top club (Real Madrid) on his back and he also used to do it, when he played for another top club (Man. United).

He proved to be outstanding n 2 high level leagues and I believe I don't need to say anything else... :)

most of his goals are counter attacks (perfectly) finished or penalties. he tied the 19 mark set by Ronaldinho for free kicks' date=' with an awful ratio of conversion... hes awesome but when he gets the ball you know he will try, no matter how far he is.

anyway I dont want to compare him to Messi. not fair for Messi, not fair for him. completely different players, power against ability.

hes quality but he doesnt make the right choice when it comes to shoot. im not saying hes not 99able, of course he is, just he had the bad luck to be in the same decade Messi is, and 99 is not a joke. he scored what? 60 goals this 2013 right? more or less.. Messi scored 90 last year and that was "normal".. hes Messi, who else? ronaldo could manage to score 30 more goals but Im not sure he will.

Messi struggling due to injuries since psg games last season. saying he should drop to rise Ronaldo.. wow guys not fair at all[/quote']

Power against ability? Haha, jog on son. Ronaldo is the complete player, not his fault Messi is built like a girl. You don't want to compare them then say Ronaldo doesn't score enough, even though one is a number nine and the other a number eleven, well thought out.

Power against ability? Haha' date=' jog on son. Ronaldo is the complete player, not his fault Messi is built like a girl. You don't want to compare them then say Ronaldo doesn't score enough, even though one is a number nine and the other a number eleven, well thought out.[/quote']

Well said mate, could not have put it better myself. To make such a sweeping statement as "power over ability" clearly tells me that filipousis is saying Ronaldo lacks ability which we all know is ludicrous. States he is awesome in the first paragraph then contradicts himself with the above quoted remark and in the final paragraph states he is quality. Enough said really.

It is obvious Ronaldo's shots to goals ratio is not going to be an impressive stat (stats are not the be all and end all of everything.) It is quite obvious he is going to miss far more long shots than he is going to score, as I said in a previous message to filipousis if Messi had that aspect to his game his goals to games ratio would be of a similar standard.

Stats are all well and good for analysis purposes but don't paint the full picture.

I cant make u understand guys if u dont want to.

not talking about lack of ability, all I said is that he will always shoot no matter how far he is. picking the time to shoot is something hes not good at. messi, ribery, or any other player could try to shoot anytime making them to choose badly their shots.

if that means theyre bad, or that cr7 is bad, your lack of comprehension is worse than I thought. anyway the vast majority of his goals are not from a long range, thats a fact.